PixelProspector : The Indie Goldmine

Had your computer crash on you, or a website shows wrong, or your printer went dead on you? Come on in...

Moderator: Crew

jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

PixelProspector : The Indie Goldmine

Post by jayenkai »

A mate of mine once setup a freeware site featuring games that weren't quite done yet. He was sick of seeing all these wonderful games around the net disappear into obscurity after just a few hours of release! Something that I can absolutely agree with!!

He only features games that, in his opinion, were the BEST of the freeware world, but that also weren't quite finished.

Now, about a year-and-a-half later, he's finished off the other half of his site.

Freeware games that ARE done!

He's put together HUNDREDS of games, wrote pieces about each, and done little videos for them all.
He's also managed to put together a massive 10 minute clipshow of all of them.

It's a massive amount of work, and I'm glad it wasn't me!!!

PixelProspector.com

Note : Although your head is going "10 minutes?!", I guarantee that if you press play, you'll stick around!

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Re: PixelProspector : The Indie Goldmine

Post by Chroelle »

There are actually some games in there I haven't seen before. I would love to get my hands on a title list - he wrote in the moive that you could get it by clicking somewhere below - I guess that was on youtube. :)

I wonder if we could get our hands on this. Oh and please ask you friend to drop by and say hello. Perhaps we can benefit from eachother in other ways. :)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Re: PixelProspector : The Indie Goldmine

Post by Pater Alf »

@Chroelle
You can see the titles of the games when you move your mouse cousor somewhere near the bottom line of the video while watching it.

@jayenkai
Thank you for posting this. Great video! Most have been lot of work to create this. And I recognized that there were several of your games included in the video as well.
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]