Konstruktiv kritik (gerne begge veje)

Had your computer crash on you, or a website shows wrong, or your printer went dead on you? Come on in...

Moderator: Crew

cielorosso

Konstruktiv kritik (gerne begge veje)

Post by cielorosso »

Håber ikke det gør noget at jeg poster dette her... jeg gør det fordi jeg skriver indlægget på dansk.

Jeg kom til at kigge lidt på http://www.connect-webdesign.dk/

Jeg synes nok at de transitional effekter bør slås ihjel. De forsinker adgangen til de enkelte sider, og så siger de: hjemmebikset med frontpage! Måske ikke det signal man vil sende, når man vil sælge hjemmesider? Men ellers så er overskueligheden fin, og man får de oplysninger man skal bruge. :Clap:

I øvrigt, så sad jeg og baksede med customization af phpbb, og jeg synes selv det lykkedes meget godt:

http://forum.moderatejurister.dk (vær lige opmærksom på, at kun medlemmer af foreningen kan se de sidste 75% af rummene)

Sammenhold den med http://moderatejurister.dk

Men jeg kunne forestille mig, at phpbb2 ikke er helt så let at danse med. Bl.a. derfor gik jeg udenom den, da jeg skulle vælge forum... den er for omfattende til det behov jeg stod med.
IUSTITIA OMNIBUS
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Hi dee Ho Cielo & och alla andra.

F'lot at jag skriver med min dålig svenska språket här, men min dansk är även dåligare :D Men jag hoppas at nogon kan skriva cielos posten på engelska här... Jag förstor nogon av den och jag tänker han har nogonting viktig i hans posten...

Sorry for using all languages except Danish in here, but my danish is even worse than all other languages I know :D Could someone translate Cielo's post in English, since I think he has some valid points in his post... I understood some of it, but too much is still just guessing ;)
cielorosso

Post by cielorosso »

Nothing too important... I was just commenting on the mainpage, and i suggested removing the transitional effects. In my opinion they say: homemade with frontpage, and I just don't think that's the right signal to send when trying to sell webdesigns. On the informatory side I think side works well.

After that i just explained that I had been working on how to customize a phpBB board. And in the same breath of air I explained why I prefer phpBB to phpBB2+

Well, now that my thread has caught "international" attention it might as well be moved to the "homepages" forum. Att.: admin/moderator ;)
IUSTITIA OMNIBUS
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

And now it's moved back :D
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I suggest you to keep phpBB2. As far as I know, phpBB has quite a many security flaws in it, and I think they (phpBB group) might no more update it. Cielo, you have been customizing phpBB boards? I assume you know php then? ...

And yes. Having clear signs indicating the page is done by using frontpage is not probably good adverticing... And if one looks at the source of page done with frontpage... Well, I assume all of your customers do not care with what their pages have been done, or if they are valid html (by W3C standards). But I think having at least the frontpage properly handwritten, and preferably with the banner one can DL from W3C validationsite when page is valid would do good for the imago ;)
cielorosso

Post by cielorosso »

Actually, knowledge of html and a little study into what others had done was enough. I don't know php, and between lawschool, my parttime job and being active in student politics I don't believe I could find the time to learn it any time soon, although I would like to sometime. The board I was customizing is on the site of student politics party I belong to.

phpBB 3.0 is in beta testing now, so phpBB isn't dead at all. What I disliked about phpBB2 Plus, was it's extensiveness. I don't need a portal or a calender etc. Having all these extra features just takes the focus away from the important thing: the debate. Maybe if the board wasn't connected to a main info-site it would make sense to have a portal. And zodiac signs and birthdays may be good fun, but again... irrelevant (in my case). All my users know eachother in person.

Speaking of standards, I for one get very annoyed when coming across a non-standard page as I am a non-IE user, and the consequence is, that I stay away from the site in question.

I would recommend Dreamweaver which I've begun to use recently after using HomeSite+ for some years. They are quite similar in the coding-section, but Dreamweaver has an excellent design section, that also produces nice coding. :D
IUSTITIA OMNIBUS