Min hjemmeside

Had your computer crash on you, or a website shows wrong, or your printer went dead on you? Come on in...

Moderator: Crew

Ibhansen
Tourist

Min hjemmeside

Post by Ibhansen »

Der skal ske noget på min hjemmeside. Den skal stadig indeholde mine billeder og mit CV, men derudoverer der frit slag for forslag til hvordan den kan gøres mere appetitlig og smartere.

Den ligger på www.martinrahbek.dk

Jeg overvejer selv noget med en rullemenu til billederne, så man ikke skal scrolle en helt side for at finde dem man leder efter men kan klikke rundt. Derudover vil jeg have en smartere måde at præsentere mine links på, og så derefter tilføje flere (skal nok linke hertil også ;-) )
Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I think it would help people a lot if you posted in English, Ibhansen.

Since this is an english forum. But we will also make this forum under the Danish corner at some point.

So I will get back to you, when/if you translate. It seems rather stupid to start guiding you i english, when no one knows what I am helping you with. And there is quite a few web-enthusiasts in here but all English(speaking).
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Ibhansen
Tourist

Post by Ibhansen »

Ah - sorry 'bout that. English it is.

I have a homepage that I use to share my pictures with friends and family, to give an introduction to who I am and to provide a few quality links.

I'm not happy with the way is looks. I'm thinking of adding a drop-down menu to make it easier to access the pics you are looking for instead of scrolling and I also need a smarter way to present my links before I start adding more (yes, I will link to this forum). It is necessary for me to keep the pictures and my CV accessible but aside from that I can pretty much change whatever I want and suggestions are more than welcome.

The address is www.martinrahbek.dk
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

First of all... What programs do you use to make the website, and second... Do you want design-feedback or coding-suggestions...

--Mark Twain
Ibhansen
Tourist

Post by Ibhansen »

The current page is done using Frontpage only but I am considering using something more advanced for the next version. Most likely Dreamweaver.

Currently, I am mainly looking for design ideas. When I have a basic idea of the design and what I want to include I will look into the coding and see what is possible and what is not and what I can do myself and what I need someone to give me a hand with (I have someone in mind, with good experience using Dreamweaver).
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well - first of all I would get the size of your text down... It seems very big.
Also there are a lot of spaces in between everything...

Is it this sort of feedback you want?

--Mark Twain
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

my sugestion would be to look for similar style websites. As your pictures are important to you, I would say look at photography websites to get ideas for layouts of pictures and designs of sites
Ibhansen
Tourist

Post by Ibhansen »

Cool - thanks for the feedback guys.

I've now launched the new site - it's still a Frontpage job since I didn't have any real spare time to familiarize myself with something new but it is completely redesigned. It even has a link to Connect Webdesign so if you want to change the description of that just send me a mail or PM, Chrolle.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Thanks for the link, and the description is right on target.
You HP is much more viewable now. You wrote somewhere on the Hp that this was the only page you would have to scroll to use...
Since I use a screen resolution of 800x600 just to make sure what is doable in this format... I actually had to scroll on all your pages :mrgreen:
Just thought you might wan't to know. It doesn't seem so important to mention if you ask me, but I'm not sure you are :mrgreen:

--Mark Twain