The World Cup Bar

Für die Deutschen auf CWF. Die Welt zu Gast bei Freunden

Moderator: Tank

Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

4-2! Successful match! I'm looking forward to England - Paraguay! It's also the first match in my City. And Frankfurt is completely under english control now! I heard something of 20,000 English Fans!!

Wanted to watch the match at a Public Viewing but it was full! So, had to watch from a not-so-good place....
@Pater: Sorry to hear about your mobile phone!!
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

A night has passed and I don´t care anymore about the mobile :). Instead I´m looking forward to the matches of today. Espacially to England - Paraguay!

And tomorrow there will be the first game in my beautyful hometown of Leipzig (including at least 20000 dutch fans).

So, let´s drink the first beer of the day and be happy!!!

Cheers!
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

England was quite disappointing, I'm looking forward to T&T, I hope they don't get bashed. :)
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

still 0:0 :(

T "and" T you're dynamite
T "and" T And you'll win that fight
T "and" T you're a powerload
T "and" T watch you explode
(I think I'ved mixed something up :D :D :D :D )
-> It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Tank

Post by Tank »

Yes, very weak english match... Btw, where are our international friends? :(
Enjoy your stay.
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

Maybe they don't care about the WC? :)
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

about the WC? about the toilett???
I think YOU 've mixed up something... :D :D :D
-> It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Great game of Argentina and Ivory Coast yesterday.

Sweden and England were very disappointing, but what the hell did they do to the ground in Frankfurt (Tank might know?). Did they play American Football on it a few days ago?
Tank

Post by Tank »

Haven't seen Argentina v Ivory Coast yesterday completely, but what I saw very entertaining :)
About the ground: Didn't notice anything. But there was one scene where the long english dude (Couch/Crouch or something) made a scar into our ground. I can't remember there were any matches before...
Enjoy your stay.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well one of the reasons I am not posting much in here, is because of the very disappointing fact that Denmark didn't make it... The WC just looses a little interest then....
But I try to see some of it, but I have had so many other things in my head recently that I couldn't be bothered....
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Tank

Post by Tank »

Netherlands vs Serbia-Montenegro just ended... I think it was quite a weak game. Robben was good, but the rest was weak.
Enjoy your stay.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

But there was a nice party with at least 35.000 dutch fans in Leipzig!

I think most of the games by now were quite weak and didn´t fullfill the expactations of the fans. Only Argentina - Ivory Coast and Germany - Costa Rica were great games. Hope it will get better during the next few days.
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

So far I've only found one match of poor quality myself, and that was the one from last night between Angola and Portugal. Boring as what, but all the other matches I've seen by now have been great fun (and I'm still bitter for not seeing Germany's opening match). :mrgreen:

Today, first my #2 favourites Australia face Japan. Won't see the match, though. Evening shift at work. v_v

Second, Czech Republic play against the United States. I'd expect a good match, but thanks to work I'll miss this one too. -_-

Finally, Ghana are against Italy. I'm rooting 100% for the Black Stars, but they've not impressed during the last months... well, at least I'll be able to watch this match.

Sigh... fortunately on Wednesday and Thursday I'll be able to see all the matches. :|
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Seems my wish for better matches comes true. That were really three quality games today (espacially Australia - Japan). World Cup can go on like this...
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

Aussies totally turned the match, just the way I like it. :mrgreen: Go, Socceroos! ^_^

Today, Korea versus Togo... this is one match I don't really feel bad for missing. Not like I wouldn't watch it if I could, but I rather miss this than the Germans' next match. ^^;

France and Switzerland; now, this is a match I would've killed to see, but unfortunately killing anyone wouldn't really have helped me anyway. Probably the best match of the Group G, and I've work. -_-

The third match is between Brazil and Croatia, and again, this one I'll see. I'm rooting for the Vatreni, even though seeing them beat Brazil would be the biggest surprise so far. :|
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Brazil and Croatia, great match, Croatia is really strong, if they'll have luck in further matches they can get to semifinals, really good team.

0:0 so far and Klinsmann doesnt look too happy... What worries me is that draw gives us nothing...

Oh, and since this is bar beer please. :Cheers:
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

Even though I hate to see Poland out of the tournament already, tonight once again reminded me of why I've always loved Germany. They just never give up, never cease being dangerous. The Bundesrepublik is through to the second round, that's what matters now. ^_^
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Again...

Theres same problem with our team for over 20 years - we're too good for weaklings (what is visible in various eliminations) and too weak for the best ones.

Anyway, I wish luck to German team, you play bloody good football, I hope you can get to the final and beat Brazil. Not to mention that I have to support your Polish attack. ;)
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

I hope we are one of the best ones and not one of the weaklings :D :D :D

I think there were a litle to many attacks... the yellow cards were legitimate
kenobi
Patron

Post by kenobi »

yes and yesterday the defense was quit good and not so hopelessly like against equador but now we have a problem with the offensive

well shit happens
now i take a beer and a wisky :D
may the force be with you ,my young padawan!!