The World Cup Bar

Für die Deutschen auf CWF. Die Welt zu Gast bei Freunden

Moderator: Tank

Tank
[insert custom title here]

The World Cup Bar

Post by Tank »

Hello everybody and welcome to our World Cup Bar!

Feel free to discuss everything related to the FIFA World Cup 2006™.
A don't forget: Our motto is "A Time to Make Friends" :)

Something to open up with:
Who's gonna win the World Cup?

I think Brazil oder Argentina! And you?
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

Hey, you should have opening drinks for free you know....

Anyway, I haven't picked a favorite team yet, but ask me after the final, and I will tell you who will win the world cup.... :hammer: hehe

But seriously, Brazil is ALWAYS a favorite and Germany plays on own grass (Even if their last matches has been rather dissapointing). But I really hope an outsider will win. Don't ask me why, but I almost always side with the outsiders, except for when I allready have a favorite.
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
Tinoco

Post by Tinoco »

Nein, neim meine freund Portugal ist the Champion... :p LOL just hope they don't play as badly as I write :p

We really are missing a great Player (Jorge Andrade) and our best scorer ever is also injured :(

I guess since its a Bar we could bring some beverages from around the world... ;) Port Wine to Start, anyone care for a glass!
Tank

Post by Tank »

Be welcome my friends!

Drinks are still on their way, but when they arrive they'll be free during the World Cup! For the begin you'll have to bring your own drinks or order them around the corner in the other German Bars.

Germany is really what they call here a "tournament team". Last year at the Confed Cup they reached the second place (I think). Personally I think they'll reach the Quarter-Finals.
Enjoy your stay.
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

hmmm.... NO DRINKS!!!!???

(A good thing I always keep a bottle of Scotch in my pocket :) )

Well, these last years i haven't been following fotball at all, just lost interest I guess, but the World Cup is always fun to watch. Maybe because it's only once in four years :P

I'll drink MY OWN whiskey now! CHEERS!!!
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Tank wrote: Last year at the Confed Cup they reached the second place (I think).
No, they beat Mexico in the game for third place. Final was Brasil - Argentina.

In my opinion Worldcup-favorite this year is Argentina, but I also hope Italy, England and Sweden will play a good tournament. Germany can reach semi-final (if this happens either England or Sweden haven´t played a good tournament as they are in the same group and meet Germany in the second round).

And as it is the first day in the Worldcup-Bar, I broutht free beer for all of you.

Cheers!!! :Cheers:
Tank

Post by Tank »

Third place.... Sorry :)
Enjoy your stay.
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

*takes a seat in our cosy little bar*

Lets offer some special food from all the 32 participants. What would England offer, some Chicken Tikka maybe? :)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I think England might be a good bet, and Brazil is always a contender of the very best class.
I don't think it will be Argentina, as they always seem to disappoint at these tournaments (my oppinion). France played GREAT against Denmark on wednesday, and it is too bad that Denmark didn't qualify, since they played an even GREATER 1. half. France won 2-0 by the way.
It's weird to not qualify when you are in the top 20 list worldwide... I don't know how much I will follow the tournament.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
SGSW
Warhero
Location: On my way to hell or heaven whatever seems best at the moment

Post by SGSW »

My opinion is that Germany will win the cup cause The Kaiser himself is going to kick Klinsmann in the Crotch if he doesn't reaches to the final with good exhibitions at least
http://www.vinylplastik.com/ - Wall Graphic Interiors - decoration - ships worldwide, AFAIK and it's run by someone I know.

htpp://www.lulu.com/ - Self-Publishing site

If you want a place to stay in Lisbon, staying for more than 3 days (excluding the yoth hostel) and are afraid to leave the girls with me try this http://lisbonsteps.blogspot.com/
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

Hehe, I liked that one. :lol:

- Homer Simpson
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

I went through Leipzig yesterday and saw a lot of FIFA-cars in front of a hotel. On each of the cars were several stickers saying "No tickets inside!" :mrgreen:

I really think about printing my own stickers now, saying "No fans inside" (for the stadium and the FIFA-cars) or "No tickets right and left of me" (for the public viewings on the market) or "No brain inside" (for Sepp Blatter). ;)
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

only one day till soccer-feaver left...
I look forward to see the opening-game at a big sreen in front of our cathedral

there will be a mini-contest with teams from our region parallel to the wm-games at the cathedral's forecourt...

will be funny :D :D :D
-> It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Tank

Post by Tank »

Me is very excited! Only 18 and a half hours left!!
We'll have a huge screen on the river. That will be very cool!
Enjoy your stay.
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

*sniff* I'll miss the opening match due to work. -_- Of course it has to be my favourites Germany playing...

Oh well, but the latter match between Poland and Ecuador is still there; I've bought snacks and cola and ahem, a few other drinks for the night... if I'm lucky, two of my friends will come around and see the match with me at our place. ^_^
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I'll be at work too, so I'll miss the opening match too...
But at least it is a party at work that I am going to and not the boring kind of work.
I hope to be able to skedadle over to the tv at some point and see the score... Hoping Germany will win too.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Tank

Post by Tank »

Sorry to hear that from you two.... I hope I can see almost all.... Only the matches at 3pm (CEST) make me worry.
Enjoy your stay.
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

Only 15 minutes to go, join us to watch the game in our little cosy bar :
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

Wohoo! Bundesrepublik! ^_^ *makes wave*

edit: Didn't convince me, though. :|

I'll miss England v. Paraguay on Saturday, but fortunately there are two other great matches to see after that still. ^_^
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

I won´t miss a single game. I took a whole month holiday fron work! :)

P.S.: Damn, I watched the game at a public viewing with 20.000 people and someone stole my mobile phone ("Die Welt zu Gast bei Freunden") :(.