German International Bar

Für die Deutschen auf CWF. Die Welt zu Gast bei Freunden

Moderator: Tank

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Could you maybe look into what advertisement system they use...?
Like Adbrite or Google...
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

No idea how to check this
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Simply looking over the site will do. If you can tell me where the ads are via a link, then I think I can find out. :D
Also I think we need more ideas on the matter as it seems they have a solid deal with someone outside any program... :(

--Mark Twain
Usul

Post by Usul »

I'll try to give you a couple of sites with several thousand users per day. But these are really huge sites...

Newspaper/sports
www.bild.de
www.faz.net
www.spiegel.de
www.kicker.de
www.sport1.de

Computer/games related
www.gamestar.de
www.pcgames.de
www.chip.de
www.golem.de
www.heise.de
www.freeware.de

other interests/mail providers
www.clipfish.de
www.freenet.de
www.gmx.net
www.web.de
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

I would add
www.4players.de
www.gamepro.de

Also Games Related. As Usul said, these are really big ones!
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am afraid they are too huge. We need something with at least a good amount of traffic but not really "buys" (Lots of pics and ads flashing).
Is there a perticular German Webcomic maybe? Or a place where you would go to view one single thing and then leave again? This is the optimal ad-space because most times people will leave through ads.

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Being a big comic fan I will look for some german web comic sites during the next few days. There are some I know, but I have no idea which advertisement system they use...
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

If you link to them here, then I can check it out (or try to). Just make sure that you link to a site which has ads on it. :D

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

I didn´t forget to look for the webcomic sites. But it seems all sites I know don´t have any ads at all. So I will look for some other sites as soon as I have the time for it.
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Great. I will keep looking to see if there are any other pages that would definently be worth advertising on. And dont wory about what advertising company they use. As long as I can get to advertise there without a million dollar deal I am good to go. :D

--Mark Twain
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

LoL, Usul I just fell over quite a coincidence :roll: Inhere, you're at a 5th place of posters and I'm on 6th... :p
At OG you're at a 65th place of points, and I'm on 66'th :roll:

I'm haunting you, Usul ;);) Can almost reach you ;)

Well, can you guys hook me up with a german beer? Not any dunkel ones or something.. just a normal pilsner :D
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Ok, here you go with a "Reudnitzer". Not that popular as other german beers, but the only pilsner that is still brewed in my lovely hometown of Leipzig...

:Cheers:
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

I'll drink to that (Yearh, ALSO that :roll: )

Don't you have one called Erdinger? I think I got some of these when I was in Italy.. They're quite nice.. Aren't they german?
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Yes, there is a beer called "Erdinger". But it´s no Pilsner. And it´s not from Germany, but from Bavaria (very often seems like an own country to me and I wouldn´t be sad if it really was).
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Erdinger is not a good beer. Its weak and bitter.
Well I still prefer my Danish and Czech beer, but German beer is quite good too.

I actually had a fun discussion with a waitress once in Germany (Bernkastel Kuus). We had been driving all day from France and finally arrived in the sity (Bernkastel) where we were gonna spend the night. It had been a hot day in the car, and we had been drinking red wine for a week, so we needed some huge draft beers or bottled good ones.
When the waitress came over we told her that we would like some of the local beer, and she said ok.. She went to see what she could offer us, and came back and told us that she had the german beer Carlsberg.... My eyes almost came popping out... I looked at her sternly and told her in my best german that Carlsberg was a Danish beer, and we needed German beer. She kept telling me that Carlsberg was a German local beer (or at least regional) and I was about to crack when the ûberwaitress came over and with a laugh told us that Carlsberg was in fact Danish but Karlsberg was a regional beer...
I ended up drinking a lof of Karlsberg that night :D
And it was actually a very good beer.

--Mark Twain
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

Has anyone of you tried Henniger Bier? It's from my hometown....
But to be honest, I heard that often about Carlsberg being german beer... I even thought myself before.

Cheers!
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
Usul

Post by Usul »

Chillum wrote:LoL, Usul I just fell over quite a coincidence :roll: Inhere, you're at a 5th place of posters and I'm on 6th... :p
At OG you're at a 65th place of points, and I'm on 66'th :roll:

I'm haunting you, Usul ;);) Can almost reach you ;)

Well, can you guys hook me up with a german beer? Not any dunkel ones or something.. just a normal pilsner :D
Never ever :twisted:

Have a drink on me, take a Weizen.
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Hehe... Carlsberg is one of Denmarks biggest export brands! :D hehe... They're everywhere :rolleyes: But I can't complain, cuz it sure IS a greeat beer!...
I love Heineken too! :rolleyes:
Another beer I really love, is the spanish pilsner, Estrella Damm... Uhm, it's so great! Ever tasted it?

Chrølle, IMO the Erdinger I tasted in Italy was pretty good.... But aren't any beers great, when you're getting drunk at a beach bar in Italy?? :roll: God, I miss that :D

Usul - Too late ;);) I've allready catched you, and I'm running from you now at OG ;) 64th place now... Not long for the long-waited top 50 :D

*Grabs a Weizen*

Cheers, my german maties!

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Tank I tasted Henninger beer. (Isn't it Henninger? Is it Henniger?)

It is an ok beer, but I still think it is a bit bitter. I dont like Heiniken either. I am a very picky guy when it comes t beer. Not picky about what I will drink, but about what I like alot when drinking.

--Mark Twain
Usul

Post by Usul »

Chillum wrote:Hehe... Carlsberg is one of Denmarks biggest export brands! :D hehe... They're everywhere :rolleyes: But I can't complain, cuz it sure IS a greeat beer!...
I love Heineken too! :rolleyes:
Another beer I really love, is the spanish pilsner, Estrella Damm... Uhm, it's so great! Ever tasted it?

Chrølle, IMO the Erdinger I tasted in Italy was pretty good.... But aren't any beers great, when you're getting drunk at a beach bar in Italy?? :roll: God, I miss that :D

Usul - Too late ;);) I've allready catched you, and I'm running from you now at OG ;) 64th place now... Not long for the long-waited top 50 :D

*Grabs a Weizen*

Cheers, my german maties!
You may leave me behind...but you'll never reach the Hungarian guys...MUAHHAHA... ;);)

Everyone is talking Carlsberg & Heineken (that's Dutch beer, isn't it?). I prefer Tuborg...so Cheers!!