Project Giana

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Project Giana

Post by eMTe »

Refurbished Giana Sisters is under development. Original team is involved. 150,000$ seems unlikely to achieve, especially that it's only 10 days to go, but on the other side I don't know how these kickstarter projects work, so maybe everything will change during last days.

From myself I can add that I don't like this project, just like the new Cannon Fodder. But one must accept that it's probably only natural consequence of the fact that brands/logos play important role in moneymaking.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pro ... ject-giana
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Re: Project Giana

Post by Scythe »

I never understood Giana Sisters, so this doesn't get a rise from me.
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

"The Great Gianna Sisters" was one of the first games I played on my C64 when I was a child. And I absolutely loved it. So this project might get some dollars from me. The gameplay video and the concept arts look amazing and they even have Chris Huelsbeck on board (the man who made some of the best 8bit soundtracks ever).
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Scythe wrote:I never understood Giana Sisters, so this doesn't get a rise from me.
Oh, but I don't like this project in broader sense - I believe that some games should be left untouched. If a game is created and its sequels come out within a year or two it's acceptable, but when you take a name of the game which is 25 years old and stick it to new project, totally different in aesthetics and gameplay...
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

eMTe wrote:Oh, but I don't like this project in broader sense - I believe that some games should be left untouched. If a game is created and its sequels come out within a year or two it's acceptable, but when you take a name of the game which is 25 years old and stick it to new project, totally different in aesthetics and gameplay...
Yeah, I got that. That's not so much an issue for me in an industry that already recycles as much as this one does.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

There are now two playable demo-levels to download:

http://project-giana.com/download/
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

It seems the demo did the job. It was a close call, but they reached their goal of $150 000 dollars. :Clap:

Will tell you if the game is good once I get my copy...
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

There's a new teaser video: