Cheap Game Sale

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Re: Cheap Game Sale

Post by Scythe »

Excellent, I have 1+2 already.
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Pater Alf wrote:Pick 5 - Pay $10 promo at GOG.com. For 10 dollars you can choose 5 games from a list of 20.

Game list includes games like Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Resonance, Blackwell Bundle, Symphony, Mutant Mudds, Unmechanical or SpaceChem. Pretty good deal if you ask me!
Attachments
Magog.jpg
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Pay what you want for Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space at Indiegamstand.com. Haven't played the game yet, but it looks pretty cool.

https://indiegamestand.com/
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Pay what you want for DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder at Indiegamestand.com. If you pay more than the average you also get an expansion pack and two soundtracks.

We have one of the DROD games here at CWF and I would recommend it to everyone who is not sure if he likes this kind of game. To everyone who likes it, I simply recommend to use the offer at Indiegamstand before it ends (in 78 hours).

[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Hail to the king...

Christmas sale at GOG.com started today. For the next 48 hours you can get Duke Nukem 3D for free. Also all Bullfrog games (like Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper 1&2 or Theme Hospital) are 75% off for the next 24 hours (which means $1.49 each).

http://www.gog.com/
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

The Bullfrog deal isn't very appealing to me, but a lot of the 50% deals look tasty.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

For the next 22 hours you can get The Witcher 2 for $7.49 (75% off):

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/the_witcher_2
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

It's a good deal. I'm tempted even though I already own it on DVDs.

Also, FTL:Faster Than Light 50% off. I recommend.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Today it's 75% off for some Indie RPGs: "Geneforge 1-5", "Legend of Grimrock", "Torchlight", "Inquisitor" and "The Real Texas" will be sold for $3.74 for the next 19 hours.

I will pick up "The Real Texas" as it looks quite interesting and is the only game I don't already own.

http://www.gog.com/promo/indie_rpgs
Pager

Post by Pager »

I went to a store closing yesterday and they had a boat load of games for $3. I had a pile of almost 10 in my hand when I realized I was supposed to pick up my wife's aunt 30 minutes before, so I dropped all and ran...I'll go back on Monday I think...hopefully they will still have them all...I think the best one I saw was Space Siege for $4.
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Today there's a Square Enix bundle with 75% off at GOG. For $13.94 you get Deus Ex 1+2, Thief 1-3 and Anachronox.

http://www.gog.com/promo/cyberpunk___steampunk_bundle
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Guess what games I've bought in the past few months......
Pager

Post by Pager »

I've always wanted to play Anachronox.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Quest for Sierra Bundle at GOG.com. If you buy King's Quest 1-8, Space Quest 1-6, Quest for Glory 1-5,Police Quest 1-4 and Police Quest SWAT 1-2, you get the whole bundle for $19.92 .

http://www.gog.com/promo/quest_for_sierra_bundle
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Pager wrote:I've always wanted to play Anachronox.
I think this is still the only RPG in which one of the party members is a planet.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

End of the World DRM-free sale at GOG today. All the bundles from the last days are there again for 75% off plus many more bundles. Telltale games are even 80% off. To many titles to mention, but there are all Might & Magic games, all Ultima games, Gabriel Knight, Police Quest and a lot of other Sierra adventures, The Witcher 1&2, some Daedelic adventures, Commandos 1-3 and many, many more:

http://www.gog.com/
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

They went off their rocker today, huh?

The Might & Magic bundle is godlike.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Yep, the Might & Magic bundle is awesome. For $25 you get enough games to keep you occupied for years. Besides Might and Magic is still my favourite RPG series. I plan to do a complete playthrough starting from the first one soon.
Pager

Post by Pager »

Bought Post Mortem, Still Life and Still Life 2 bundle for $6 from the store closing sale. Brought it home, installed it and found out it was the French version. No returns since store is closing. :(

Went out the next day and found Post Mortem, Loch Ness, Still Life, and Still Life 2 bundle for $8. This place will take DVD trade-ins, so I am going to collect together some terrible zombie films for trade. Hopefully it is still there...I've already confirmed it was English version...
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Pater Alf wrote:Besides Might and Magic is still my favourite RPG series. I plan to do a complete playthrough starting from the first one soon.
Well, I gotta say, M&MI+II are not very playable. IV+V combined is a masterpiece though.