Diablo 3

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Diablo 3

Post by Zyx »

Diablo 3 is hitting the digital store shelves on 15.5. this year.

To make sure everything runs along happily once everyone rush in, Blizzard is having an open beta weekend this weekend, starting at Friday noon in the PDT time zone (or around midnight at EET). You can already download the game client at battle.net.

Many hold Diablo 2 as the best action RPG ever, so is anyone here been waiting for this?
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Re: Diablo 3

Post by Chroelle »

Nah not really. I loved the original Diablo, and Diablo 2 was nice as well, but it always ended for me before I finished the game, and with a game with that much time put into then that is disturbing.
Diablo 2 is sure to be great, but it is highly unlikely that it will end up on my shelves - "it's not you...its me" - kind of thing. :)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

well, the open beta weekend seems to be U.S. only anyway. =)
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

Diablo was... ok. Did something different at the time.

Diablo 2 was crap from beyond.

Diablo 3 is likely to be even more crappy than that. It's not going to befoul my computer anyway.

(I'm not at all influenced by irrational hatred of Blizzard. Promise! Nor by irrational hatred of action RPGs. What?! You don't believe me!!?)
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Who needs more Diablos when you have one?

I havent played second game, so I dont have an opinion, but I am generally sceptical about sequels. They usually exploit previously fresh ideas to the bottom, adding nothing new except updated visuals. Or in many cases they are simply worse.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

In some franchises, the only reason the prequel wasn't as good as the sequel, was that they didn't have the budget to make the game into what they wanted. But once they have gotten some income from the first game, they could afford to make the next game more like what they wanted in the first place. That's some times it is like that.

Other times it's like you said, just like an effort to copy something they see is good, but really they've lost the vision that made the first game great, and gave it the feeling it had.
smayragrace

Post by smayragrace »

A tough game to me this is but I always try to play this Game because this seems too amazing to me..