Portal

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Portal

Post by Zyx »

If someone didn't already have the first Portal game, it's now free if you get it from here and do so before the 20th. Valve's trying to push Portal and Portal 2 to the classrooms, it seems.
Using interactive tools like the Portal series to draw them in makes physics, math, logic, spatial reasoning, probability, and problem-solving interesting, cool, and fun which gets us one step closer to our goal—engaged, thoughtful kids!
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Re: Portal

Post by Chroelle »

And succeding. :)

I just wrote about this on my blog, shortly, because I thought it was a great way to look at education.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Re: Portal

Post by Zyx »

Now you can Learn with Portals! A recent updated to Portal 2 added a dead simple Puzzle Maker which anyone can use to make their own test chambers and now Valve's pushing teachers to use Portal 2 (for free) in education and are offering lessons plans and other stuff on Teach with Portals.

Is there time for kids to learn anything traditional when they learn chemistry and programming from Spacechem, physics from Portal and I've-no-idea-what from Minecraft?
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!