The Humble Bundle

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

Zyx
Pretender to the throne

The Humble Bundle

Post by Zyx »

I'm a big fan of the Humble Bundles, where you set your own price for a set of great games and can donate the money to charities. The third one is up now, with games like Trine and Shadowgrounds.

You can read more and see the YouTube video from site news.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Re: The Humble Bundle

Post by Zyx »

The fourth one, The Humble Indie Bundle #3 is up. This time around the selection is Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hammerfight and And Yet it Moves.

Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Last chance to buy the Humble Indie Bundle #3 today. As a bonus you'll get "Steel Storm: Burning Retribution" and "Atom Zombie Smasher" as well. And if you pay more than the average amount of money ($5.72 at the moment), you'll also get the games from Humble Indie Bumble #2 for free ("Braid", "Cortex Command", "Machinarium", "Osmos" and "Revenge of the Titans").

Which means you'll only have to pay about 50 US-cents for each game. Hard to beat that... :shock:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

The fifth Humble Bundle is up. This time it's just one game, Frozen Synapse (and its soundtrack). However, if you pay more than the average, you get the Shadowbyte Humble Bundle as well, which includes the pretty great game Trine.

Interesting to see how this one plays out. A pretty good deal if you don't already have Trine. I know next to nothing about Frozen Synapse =)

Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

I think it's interesting how well this whole Humble Bundle concept works. The new offer started yesterday and they already sold over 77 000 copies for an average about 5$ each... :shock:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Two new games have been added to the bundle: "Trauma" and "SpaceChem".
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

SpaceChem was a nice surprise. I played the demo (which everyone should do), and it's quite interesting puzzle game. And quite difficult.
watson13
Probably a spambot

Post by watson13 »

Ultimate try to buy the Menial Indie Assemblage 3 today. As a bonus you'll get "Steel Disturbance: Fiery Penalty" and "Mote Departed Woman" as intimately. And if you pay author than the average become of money ($5.72 at the present), you'll also get the games from Modest Indie Bungle 2 for free ("Trimming", "Endocrine Enjoin", "Machinarium", "Osmos" and "Penalize of the Titans").
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Menial Indie Assemblage would be a kick-ass name for a indie game pack. Not to mention if it had games with those titles! Endocrine Enjoin, Mote Departed Woman and Steel Disturbance: Fiery Penalty! I want to see these games made.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

The guys over at Humble Bundle have yet another ... thing up. It's an early alpha of an indie platformer, Voxatron.

In other news, a wild challenger appears: Indie Royale. A fortnightly bundle of indie games with a strange pricing formula.

A strange little business model, these bundles.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

And yet more Humble Bundles. Darwinia is pretty cool.

Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

A little break between the bundles would be nice. They are coming faster than I can play the games. Maybe I'm skipping this one. But on the other hand I'm really interested in "Aquaria".
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I hope youll like it, because for me it was one piece of neatly looking yawn.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Pater Alf wrote:A little break between the bundles would be nice. They are coming faster than I can play the games. Maybe I'm skipping this one. But on the other hand I'm really interested in "Aquaria".
I got Aquaria from one of the first bundles, so I've an extra Steam code for that and Crayon Physics. :wink:
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Pater Alf wrote:...Maybe I'm skipping this one...
In the end I couldn't resist and bought the bundle 22 minutes before it expired. :roll:

The only game I tried so far is "Uplink" which seems to be a pretty nice hacker game.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

The Humble Bundle #4 up and is back to its roots and for change actually is a bundle of different indie games. And it's back with a vengeance, with a strong line-up including Super Meat Boy and Cave Story+.

And true to the form, all the seven games are also for Linux. That's pretty insane.

It's so insane that it's been up just for 2 hours and has already sold 70,000 bundles for 340,000 dollars.

Insane.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

There's a new Humble Bundle up. This time it's focusing on Amanita Design's latest point'n'click adventure, Botanicula, and includes also their Machinarium and Samorost 2. In addition there's a Czech animation Kooky and an odd-looking puzzler Windosill.

I think Machinarium is one of the better adventure games in recent years, but both Machniarium and Samorost 2 have been featured in previous Bundles already. I guess there are some late additions as always coming up later on. However, if you don't have Machinarium or Samorost 2 or just really like Amanita Design's, well, design, go get the bundle.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

The only game I own so far is "Machinarium", so I might buy the bundle. But I think I will wait if there are some more additions in some days. And I wonder why the average price is pretty high this time (in comparison to the last bundles).

"Kooky" looks very cute. The only problem is that I wouldn't be able to watch it with my friends' kids as they neither understand English yet nor Czech.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

The latest Humble Bundle is nothing short amazing. Even the video has Tim Schafer in it.

There's clearly a theme this time as all games feature dreams or nightmares. Bastion is an excellent action game, that I was really hooked into. Psychonauts is a masterpiece, but starts to show its age. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP was originally an iPad/iPhone game and used touch controls and screen orientation quite a lot, and kinda required headphones. It's an odd music/adventure game. LIMBO is really a post-modern 2d platformer. Amnesia is a first person horror/survival game, I guess.

The only downside to this bundle is that I already have them all, except Amnesia that I'm not really into.

edit: holy s... how did I miss that the video is narrated by the narrator of Bastion? :shock:
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

They have added three more games to the bundle: Braid, Super Meat Boy (which both were on bundles before) and Lone Survivor. The last one sounds really interesting and I absolutely love the trailer (especially the music).