Need For Speed World

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Re: Need For Speed World

Post by Drasir-Vel »

Zyx wrote:One thing I've been wondering is why many people seem to drive corners by hugging/crashing the inner side of curves but still not losing any speed. Is that just a visual glitch or is it actually faster to crash the corners instead of trying to drive them clean?
It's called wallriding. Some people do it because it is faster and they race to win. Even at the cost of realism and poise. I must admit i also did it sometimes. Not a month or two ago, the game was patched so you would loose more speed when wallriding, thus phasing out the advantage and discouraging players from doing it. I don't know if it's still more advantageous to do it some places though.
Zyx wrote:Also, why do I feel that other cars can crash me but I can't make them budge even if I hit them at full speed?
That's basically because of lag. The actual racing physics are processed on the client computer, and it responds according to what position information it gets from the other clients. A typical example of such lag could be that one racer with a bad download and good upload can actually avoid getting the information that another player drives in front of him, and thus racing straight ahead without loss of speed. While the other racer will get hammered because he does recieves the information that the first racer drives through him.
It's quite dangerous driving behind a lagging racer, because he appears all over the road, and you would crash into him and loose speed if he was to appear in front of you.
Zyx wrote:I've seen couple of times that the order that the cars finish is not the actual finishing order (I got the 2nd place win cards even though my final standing was third or fourth, though.)
Yeah, the finishing order is also determined by who is fastest with sending the information to the servers that they've reached the finish line.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Drasir-Vel wrote:
Zyx wrote:One thing I've been wondering is why many people seem to drive corners by hugging/crashing the inner side of curves but still not losing any speed. Is that just a visual glitch or is it actually faster to crash the corners instead of trying to drive them clean?
It's called wallriding. Some people do it because it is faster and they race to win. Even at the cost of realism and poise. I must admit i also did it sometimes. Not a month or two ago, the game was patched so you would loose more speed when wallriding, thus phasing out the advantage and discouraging players from doing it. I don't know if it's still more advantageous to do it some places though.
Yeah, that's what I figured. Doesn't really surprise as that has been possible in earlier NFS games as well in single-player =)
Zyx wrote:It's quite dangerous driving behind a lagging racer, because he appears all over the road, and you would crash into him and loose speed if he was to appear in front of you.
That has happened way too many times already. It's just easiest to try and stay away from other cars. I guess I just have to learn when it's ok to try to crash other and when not.

Do you know if people have figured out how to cheat in the game? Because this one time this one guy won a race so early that the rest (and I thought I was leading at the time) were just starting the last lap and no-one had time to finish the race. I guess if that guy's internet connection was so lousy that he never received the "one more lap"-thing and finished a lap early due to lag or something. That sucked.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Drasir-Vel

Post by Drasir-Vel »

Yeah, they said something on the forums that it was because of lag. and some people not getting affected by the second lap powerup.
I think someone has been able to cheat, because i once raced against a tier 1 car (240SX) that was driving way too fast compared to it's performance. All the others were driving pretty good tier 2 cars.
R-Alalia
Probably a spambot

Post by R-Alalia »

The thing you pay for in the game is "boost points", and there are some special things you have to buy with boost points.....:D
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Drasir-Vel wrote:Yeah, they said something on the forums that it was because of lag. and some people not getting affected by the second lap powerup.
Ok, it does kinda suck if the only thing you need is to keep your torrent client running on the background to benefit from lag. It should be the guy who's lagging that get penalized, not the other players =)
I think someone has been able to cheat, because i once raced against a tier 1 car (240SX) that was driving way too fast compared to it's performance. All the others were driving pretty good tier 2 cars.
You're sure it wasn't just a highly specced rental? I'm also a bit loss with the performances as it seems I can smetimes outrun on my tier 1 eclipse with the best store upgrades some tier 2 cars.
R-Alalia wrote:The thing you pay for in the game is "boost points", and there are some special things you have to buy with boost points.....:D
Yeah, there are some benefits from using the boost points, but I haven't really seen that it was necessary to buy them. There's of course now more and more pressure to make people get boost points, but I guess they'd lose a lot of players if boost points were mandatory to win races.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Drasir-Vel

Post by Drasir-Vel »

Zyx wrote:You're sure it wasn't just a highly specced rental? I'm also a bit loss with the performances as it seems I can smetimes outrun on my tier 1 eclipse with the best store upgrades some tier 2 cars.
I'm very sure, because it's not possible to upgrade the 240SX to have that top speed and acceleration. Skills alone could not have done that. I think it's something on his computer where he uses some sort of time compression hack, like what's used in the catch up powerup.
I think the best tier 1 cars with regards to performance are Nissan 240SX, and Silvia. In tier 2 it's Lotus Elise (extreme handling). Top speed is generally the least important attribute on most of the tracks.
Zyx wrote:
R-Alalia wrote:The thing you pay for in the game is "boost points", and there are some special things you have to buy with boost points.....:D
Yeah, there are some benefits from using the boost points, but I haven't really seen that it was necessary to buy them. There's of course now more and more pressure to make people get boost points, but I guess they'd lose a lot of players if boost points were mandatory to win races.
I've personally not seen any large advantage to using boost points. You can buy multiple powerups with boost point yeah, but when i already have around 500 of a particular powerup, and i'm actually trying to get them used, then i don't see a point in buying extra.
As with renting cars with boost points, i dont think it's worth it. I prefer to get good at driving the car i already have that's on my level, and getting the cars as i progress through the levels. Rep point (experience) multiplier is a the thing i would be most likely to buy with boost point. But then again, i don't race to get to a higher level, but just to race.
Drasir-Vel

Post by Drasir-Vel »

I just tried playing this again after having been away playing Minecraft for a long time, and it is completely different. There has apparently been changed some in the physics of the cars. What i said about the different cars might not be true anymore. Actually, now almost everyone i tried racing against drived BMW :).
Master_X
Prospect

Post by Master_X »

I would like to play it when I get my PC back looks fun. But can you buy all the cars? Or is it limited to a certain number.
Drasir-Vel

Post by Drasir-Vel »

Using in-game credit you get from winning races you can buy all the cars you really need. Some cars you can only buy with boost points only obtainable for real money. But it's not because they're better than the other ones.

As for how many cars you can own at one time, i think it's 2 or 3. Using boost points, you can unlock extra slots for cars.
Master_X
Prospect

Post by Master_X »

Crap that means I cant upgrade all to the max and compare their performance. The owned cars, to they sell or you throw them away?
Drasir-Vel

Post by Drasir-Vel »

You can sell your cars yes. For in-game money.
ThomasPaul
Probably a spambot

Post by ThomasPaul »

Do you have its full version and what is required hardware components to play this game smoothly?
Drasir-Vel

Post by Drasir-Vel »

I bought the starter pack that was required to level past level 10 back then. Now everyone can level past level 10. There's no "full version" of the game. The whole game can be played for free. What you can buy are extras that is not necessary for the game.
The game runs pretty well on my pc, and it runs a 2,5 GHz with 2GB RAM, and Geforce GT9500. Less could do it easily i'm sure. It depends on how high you set the options.
smayragrace

Post by smayragrace »

need for speed is really amazing game and I always like to play so many Games in mine life..But NFSW is a different and amazing Game ever to Play..