The Rules

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

Parvini
Tycoon

The Rules

Post by Parvini »

Hello and welcome to this forum. "Offline Gaming" refers to all recent computer and video games that are primarily designed to be played offline. I also welcome and encourage general gaming discussion about gaming issues - for example, "Cheating in Games" or whether you think games are getting better or worse etc.

So the various threads that are created remain interesting and relevent to anyone reading them there are a number of rules that I'd ask you to abide by. I've split these into two categories.

What we are discussing in this forum

1. An "online game" is typically something like a Massively Multiplayer RPG like World of Warcraft there is a specific forum for these games and we shall have no talk of them here. However, I will allow and encourage talk of games that are primarily "offline" but have a large "online" community, like Warcraft 3 for example.

2. We are discussing "recent" games here. There is a specific forum to discuss "old games", we are defining these as games which are more than 10 years old. The cut off date is hence 1996 which is ideal for all sorts of reasons (the end of 16-bit gaming, the birth of 3D games etc.). This means that whilst you may think of say, Half-life 1, as an "old game", we categorise it here as "recent" and so this is the place to discuss it. If you are in doubt, post it here in the first instance and I will move it to the "Nostalgia" forum if necessary.

3. We are only discussing games and gaming issues here - this is not a tech help forum or a place to find Warez downloads. Please don't make threads asking for a game download (which in this case will almost definitely be illegal) or how to run an aging game on your new PC (there some excellent resources on the web for this already).

General Nettiquette

1. Absolutely NO SPAMMING AT ALL. In short, your post must connote - if you've got nothing to add to the discussion simply don't add anything. I will not hesitate to delete any spam post and this includes one-line posts says things like "Grand Theft Auto rules, man I love that game" - I've seen all that before and it won't be tolerated here... if you can't back it up then it is a random and unsubstantiated opinion, in short, no one cares or will care if you just write that!

2. No rude or offensive behaviour.We want a nice, friendly but lively atmosphere in here - debate can get heated but there is no never a need to get personal.

3. No idiots - this refers to someone who is not necessarily being rude or spamming but is generally making a pain of themselves.

4. No ridiculous netspeak from "online gaming" - I refer particularly to things like "I pwned you" and phrases of that ilk. Since this is an "offline games" forum, there is no place for them here!

Thanks,

Parvini
"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - John Milton (Paradise Lost, Book I, lines 254-55)
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

While I'm modding, these rules stand. And since I also mod the Nostalgia forum, I supremely decide if your topic is in the wrong forum. So there! :p

I encourage people to open threads about non-MMO games no more than 10 years old. Also up and coming games can be discussed freely. You may open a thread for each game title - in fact, please do, the forum can stand the traffic. The game system is irrelevant, X360, PS3, PC, Wii, whatever.

Enjoy!
Scythe