What games are you playing currently

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Re: What games are you playing currently

Post by Zyx »

I'm currently playing turn-based games!

Usually hearing the words "web-based, Flash, with microtransactions" in the same sentence should be a warning sign, but I have been very happy with Card Hunter. It's a turn-based tactics game, which borrows its aesthetics from Dungeons & Dragons (and Hero Quest the boardgame) and it's gameplay from card games. It is surprisingly good and surprisingly hooking.

On more traditional front, Zachtronics released Ironclad Tactics. It has turns, but they advance in real-time (like in the underrated Assassin's Creed card game for mobiles) in the classical JRPG fashion. My first impressions are not as good as from Spacechem, but... that was Spacechem.

I've played a ton more Card Hunter than Ironclad, if that says anything.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

I've just completed Stealth Bastard Deluxe and I have to say that the ending is probably the saddest one I've ever seen. :cry:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Farm for your Life
A mixture between time-management farming/restaurant game and zombie game. Sounded good enough to give it a try, but unfortunately it's not really a very good or well-designed game and it gets repetitive very fast. First few hours were fun though and for me it was enough to see the end in story-mode (which obviously isn't very long).

[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

I decided it was time I gave the Assassin's Creed series a go, but had heard that like Hitman series, it's better to forget that the first game exists. So, I started to play Assassin's Creed 2.

Having read Stephenson's Quicksilver trilogy, I find I like this historical fiction stuff where real historical figures are co-opted to silly adventure stories. Hey, I'm learning a twisted version of history here!

Anyways. I've slowly accumulated a huge backlog all of a sudden and it doesn't help the new Kickstarted Broken Sword will be around in a month either.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Zombies Ruined My Day
Nothing special, but a fun game for a short time. Level 3-6 is a beast of a level though, don't know how often I tried before I finally beat it.

Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

At the moment i'm playing Port Royale 2. At first glance, it seemed like an unappealing trading game, but once i spent a day or two getting into it, it got pretty exciting.
You get into the whole feeling of the game, that you're a caribbean trader, building up your business empire and hiring captains to run trade routes for you. Once your regular income is great enough, you can establish a convoy of military ships, hire sailors, and go invade a pirate town. Or if you have a letter of marque from the viceroy, you can capture ships and towns from a nation you're at war with.

Drasir-Vel

Post by Drasir-Vel »

I've gotten back into playing Planetside 2. I'm playing on the Woodman server for the Terran Republic. My in-game name is aldivac if anyone happens to play it and want to meet up.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

I'm pretty sure I'm on Woodman too, but I'm NC. (And haven't played in a long while...)
Drasir-Vel

Post by Drasir-Vel »

I have an NC too called GerhardsTooth (i tried to find the most random name i could.). I don't play as much on that as the TR though.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

A year has passed and it's Might and Magic time again!

Started to play Might and Magic II two days ago and so far it's great. I transfered my party from Might and Magic I and so the start wasn't as hard as it was in the the first game. Also there's auto-mapping now (as soon as one of your party members learned the cartographer skill). I'm still drawing my own maps, because the computer maps are very simple (e.g. you can't see secret doors) and there's no way to take notes on them. On the other hand there are massive battles (in the first dungeon I had an encounter wit 58 enemies) and more quests and side-quests. The game will probably keep me occupied for months.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

I did something totally unexpected and got a PS4 and Destiny.

Now I have three things connected to my TV that can play Netflix.
Drasir-Vel

Post by Drasir-Vel »

Destiny is supposedly pretty good. I know 2 people who have been caught up in it for a week straight.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

It was pretty fun with a group of people in PvP at least.
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Ori and the blind forest. Its a beautiful looking platform / metroidvania game that has such an amazing soundtrack. I completed it about a week ago but due to it being such a good game I've just started another play through to try and collect the 100% achievement.

johnniewalk
Probably a spambot

Post by johnniewalk »

Currently i am playing brad man cricket as well i use to play age of empires mean time while i bored to play cricket game
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

Lots of Steam games.
Downloaded Titan Quest AE, been playing that and Gemini Rue.
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I've finished Gemini Rue! Fine plot, but a lousy game. (IMO, don't want to spoil your fun)

If you want another atmospheric, not-specified-type-of-punk themed adventure game try Camp 1. I wouldn't say that it's better in puzzle terms, but at least it's free. Gemini Rue sucks as a commercial product. Resonance, to the contrary, beats GR in its league.

Me, I am playing Rick Dangerous 2 to death. Proud 4th place atm.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Having built myself a new PC a few months ago, basically out of the carcass of a fairly new laptop (About 2 years old) that had broken hinges, broken screen, and damaged casing (Functioned perfectly otherwise though), which I connected an external monitor, keyboard and mouse, I've been spending more time playing Trainz 12. Added more Amtrak rolling stock - locomotives, older passenger cars, and more freight locomotives too. Including replicas of locomotives I have actually operated in real life. With the Toronto PCC type streetcars in game, I have been wanting to replicate the streetcar line here in Kenosha, which uses former Toronto PCC type cars.

Unfortunately, that new PC is now out of service. One of my cats knocked the power supply off the table it was on, and broke it. My backup PC works just fine, and does handle my games reasonably well anyway. While I do have Trainz 12 on my backup too, the custom files I added are not in that install.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
khouji
Tourist

Post by khouji »

I'm playing Counter Strike
Groff
Probably a spambot

Post by Groff »

I checked out Battlerite the other day. It's a ton of fun. But there's definitely a learning curve to that game. I still have no idea what's going on half the time, but I'm getting there.