What games are you playing currently

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

Dizi
Legend

Re: What games are you playing currently

Post by Dizi »

The story is good as are the mechanics of it, the voices did let it down as they were irritating and made the game feel more childish than it actually was. Yes i know its about children but that doesn't mean they need irritating voices and it does seem to be a running theme with people saying that it should be played in Japanese because the voice acting isn't up to scratch. Personally I think the only reason I managed to tolerate it was because of playing so many adventure games with terrible voice work that I've built up a tolerance for it :lol:
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Constant C
Completed the game and it is a very solid platform/puzzle game. Not super awesome, but fun to play. They put a lot of effort into the design, especially the animations and the soundtrack are great. There's also a nice little background story that is interesting enough to keep you playing.

The level design and the difficulty of the puzzles are ok. It starts easy and gets harder with the time, but not to the point where you want to bang your head against the wall, because you can't find the solution. So far everything was doable.

All in all I would say it's a good game if you like that kind of stuff. Well worth some dollars, but not one of the most amazing games in that genre.

Oh, and of course I'm still playing Might and Magic I. Think I'm getting somewhere near the end slowly ...
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Little Inferno
I'm not even sure that this is a real game. All you do is burn weird stuff in your fireplace, buy new stuff and burn that too. From time to time you get strange letters from your neighbour. Sounds lame, but in a strange way it is satisfying, relaxing and addictive. Maybe I have more of a pyromaniac inside me than I thought.

[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

It probably doesn't make as much sense as it does on mobile devices. In that context the consumerism and microtransaction satire is more powerful. Everyone loves to burn things.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Phantasmaburbia
Bought that game from a bundle and didn't care much about it. But then I saw the great trailer and that the game was made by Greg Lobanov (I liked his freeware games "Dubloon" and "Assasin Blue") and thought I might give it a try. And in fact the game is much more fun than I thought it would be. There are some nice ideas regarding story and gameplay mechanics and even if I don't agree with all of the developer's design decisions (some of the pathfinding puzzles in the spirit tunnels are quite annoying) I have a good time with it. If you like games in JRPG style, you should give it a try.

Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Spent a part of today playing Simutrans. Hadn't played that in a while.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Hooray, after nearly four months I finally found the inner sanctum and completed Might and Magic I!!!
Attachments
MightMagicComplete.jpg
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Too bad New World Computing went bankrupt in 2003. Of course, you can always send your performance total to

Code: Select all

Ubisoft SA
28, rue Armand Carrel 
93108 Montreuil-Sous-Bois, France
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

After the epic Might and Magic, I went for some shorter games...

Evoland
The game itself isn't very good or challenging, but the idea and the design is great. While playing you get constant updates of the game mechanics and so your quest is also a journey through the history of computer RPGs (especially JRPGs). Fun to play, but I wish the game would be longer. Sometimes the new updates come to fast, which makes it hard to enjoy each one of them.

Freedom Fall
A short, but very good platform game. Especially well designed with an interesting story that is told through graffitis on the walls of the tower you have to escape from. I had a lot of fun playing this game.

Deponia
There are not so many companies left that make high quality point-and-click adventure games nowadays. So it's always a pleasure to play something from Daedalic Entertainment. "Deponia" tells the story of Rufus, a young overestimating inventor, who wants to escape his home garbage planet Deponia. The graphics are beautifully hand-drawn, the music and the voice-acting are top-notch (at least in the German version), the story and the dialogues are interesting and funny and the puzzles are fair (which means they are never completely illogical, but hard enough that you have to use your brain).
Will play the sequel soon and probably buy the last part of the trilogy day one when it comes out (which should be this fall).

Meera
Probably a spambot

Post by Meera »

I am playing 100 doors revenge.There is excellent mini games that kept me busy.it really makes u think a lot!
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Pater Alf wrote:Little Inferno
I'm not even sure that this is a real game. All you do is burn weird stuff in your fireplace, buy new stuff and burn that too. From time to time you get strange letters from your neighbour. Sounds lame, but in a strange way it is satisfying, relaxing and addictive. Maybe I have more of a pyromaniac inside me than I thought.
...I need to follow-up. Did you finish the game? :wink:
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Thought about giving "Rogue Legacy" a short try. Wanted to play just five minutes to see how the actual gameplay is. This was a very bad idea, for some days now all I do in my free time is to play this very addictive game. Great platform game in Metroidvania style with some rogue-like elements (permadeath, procedurally generated castles). When the hero dies, a heir (who always has some weird trait) takes over and can try again to succeed.

Have to stop writing now, must play "Rogue Legacy"...

Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Zyx wrote:
Pater Alf wrote:Little Inferno
...I need to follow-up. Did you finish the game? :wink:
Yes, I did. Was a little irritated by the ending. Was expecting something different. In the end it was an ok game, good fun for some days, but I don't feel like playing it again or going on to find the rest of the combos. But I agree with you that this game probably works much better on mobile devices.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Pater Alf wrote:Yes, I did. Was a little irritated by the ending. Was expecting something different. In the end it was an ok game, good fun for some days, but I don't feel like playing it again or going on to find the rest of the combos.
I think they storytelling was a bit too heavy-handed. However, zero replayability becase the actual game wasn't really that ... fun.
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

Pater Alf wrote:Thought about giving "Rogue Legacy" a short try.
I've already put it on my wish list, but I think I can wait till a price drop, swamped with games right now.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

I'm playing Omerta - City of Gangsters just to see if the game really deserves all the hate it got when it was published. And after I've played some missions, I have to say that it certainly isn't a masterpiece, but with the latest patch it is a solid game that can be quite entertaining if you like gangster scenarios and turn-based strategy games. I will certainly go on playing.

Pager

Post by Pager »

Been playing Star Ocean: The Last Hope for 360.

Just finished my first play-through of Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings.
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Etherlords
I like the gameplay, but I'm not sure if the game is extremely hard, unbalanced and (sometimes) buggy or if I'm just a very bad player. I Have serious problems to get through the missions even on normal difficulty. Might switch to easy mode to have more fun with the game without spending dozens of ours for each mission.
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

The sequel is considerably better, but the main problem is the same: Random draws can win or lose the game for you.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

I gave up on Etherlords (which was too unbalanced for my taste) and started to play two other games:

King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY
When you played the predecessor, there is not much new. For me that's ok, because The first game was very enjoyable and I liked it a lot. Maybe Crossworlds is a little harder, because there aren't so many weak opponents and so you have to plan your battles more carefully. Just one more thing has to be said: A cute little pet-dragon is by far not as cool as a powerful chest of rage.

Stealth Bastard Deluxe
A fantastic platform-puzzle game with a heavy focus on stealth. Some of the levels are among the best-designed I ever saw. I really love this game. I only wonder if there are really people who try to unlock everything and get every achievement. Would probably take me months or years to do so.