What games are you playing currently

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Re: What games are you playing currently

Post by Scythe »

The best thing about Fable 2: After you've left the game for a year's time because it got so darned boring, you'll have millions of gold that rolled in from your properties.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

The latest Humble Bundle had this little game called Blocks That Matter. I'm so hooked. It's a really nifty little puzzle game.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

PS3: Now playing Agarest Generations of War Zero. The original was somehow misunderstood as some kind of sex game (not that I have anything against those), while in fact it was a mediocre strategy RPG with the unqiue "soul breed" gimmick. That is, you played through five generations of main characters, each character wooing three female characters, one of whom would eventually become the mother of your next main character. However that may sound, it was pretty tame stuff.

Now we have the prequel, which is more of the same, only a lot less more of the same. You now only have two generations of characters and the maps for each generation seem smaller as well. Seems more like an expansion pack, but what the hey, wallets are deep, and more is good anyway.
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

I'm playing two games at the moment. On PC I'm playing "Blocks that Matter", the wonderful puzzle game from the last Hunble Indie Bundle. It's really addictive and I'm even tending to player levels again just to get the BMT (block that matters) and the star. Big recommendation from my side!

On PS2 I'm playing "Half-Life". I might not be the right person to judge it as I'm playing it for the first time, but I think this classic aged very well. A little to easy for my taste and the story isn't that innovative, but still good fun to play.
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Pater Alf wrote:Big recommendation from my side!
One day youll be able to say "for my site", because itll be free of course!
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

I'm in over my head... Skyrim, Saints Row the Third and Assassin's Creed Revelations all arrived in the same week (they should need no introductions). Plus I just got Fate/Extra for the PSP - an RPG based on a Japanese visual novel, Fate/Stay Night. What fortune that I have a week off from work now. But now you know where I went...
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Zyx wrote:The latest Humble Bundle had this little game called Blocks That Matter. I'm so hooked. It's a really nifty little puzzle game.
Did you complete the whole game? I got all "Blocks that Matter", but there are some levels where I'm not able to get the star in the end. And some of the bonus levels are that tricky that I have no idea how to beat them.
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Yeah, I did beat the game and the Chocolate levels. I haven't collected all the BTMs and not that many stars, though. I did do some of the bonus levels that I had unlocked. I had to check YouTube how to solve the final chocolate level, though.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

I'm going to start playing Star Wars: The Old Republic. Say goodbye, my desiccated corpse will probably be found sometime next year.
Pager

Post by Pager »

Playing through Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock with my wife. We have 1.5 sets left on dominate quest mode...if I never hear that Mr.Breeze song by Lynyrd Skynyrd I will die happy...

Does anyone else have the same problem as I have? I can't play just one thing...I have to play multiple games at once, or else I get bored too quickly but I could sit in one room for hours on end staring at a wall...maybe I am developing a sort of Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder...
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I think I have that GADD as well. I have to have at least 4 different games running on my smartphone at any one period of time or I have to go scavenging through Android Market to find some new thing to mess with. I hardly ever play anything on my PC anymore though.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

Scythe wrote:I'm going to start playing Star Wars: The Old Republic. Say goodbye, my desiccated corpse will probably be found sometime next year.
yay, I remember that you were quite a KotoR-fan back in the days like myself. I switched from PC to PS3 in 2007 and won't have the opportunity to play TOR. What makes this interesting is the fact, that it's the first storydriven MMORPG out there. And if you played Dragon Age: Origins or Mass Effect 2, you'll know how much impact this can have on a gaming experience. I would enjoy news and feedback on the game.

Actually, with the trophy card in my sig, you can always see what I have benn playing or on what game I am currently on. Yes, I became a trophy hunter. :Clap:

And as we approach 2012, my personal Top-3

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Batman: Arkham City
3. Yakuza 4

Disappointment of the year: L.A. Noire.....dull as hell but way too hyped. :Wallbang:
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Usul, I have to say, get back to a PC, you don't want to miss this game. It's KOTOR 3, 4, 5 and probably 6. If you want to just ignore the MMO aspect and solo the game, you can even do that (missing out on a few things of course). While it's 300 years after KOTOR, you do get find out what happened to Revan (and certain other story lines get resolved too).
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

Scythe wrote:Usul, I have to say, get back to a PC, you don't want to miss this game. It's KOTOR 3, 4, 5 and probably 6. If you want to just ignore the MMO aspect and solo the game, you can even do that (missing out on a few things of course). While it's 300 years after KOTOR, you do get find out what happened to Revan (and certain other story lines get resolved too).
*gets a heart attack*

but my fiancé....my job.....ah Revan is calling. :Clap:
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

I can tell you what game I'm not playing currently, SpaceChem. Because I finally beat it. This year's off to a good start.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I am playing Gothic. I watched it 10 or 12 years ago while my friend played it in student's dormitory and i kinda liked it. So I finally grabbed the cheap copy and started playing it and now I like it even more. I wish everybody to have fun with dated games. 8)
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

PSP: Final Fantasy IV, complete with Interlude and The After Years expansions. So far just grinding FFIV, now that's a dated game.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I have to confess that I am still playing Godfather: Five families - but doing pretty well. I am in the top crew in Cuneo family with an important role as coords guy. DAmmit! I should never have started it - it is amazingly addicting!

--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

I started to play The Blackwell Legacy, the first game in a series of four. It's an old-school point-and-click adventure game. In 2D, with hand-crafted blocky pixels, but at least with full speech.

There's just one thing that bothers me with this, just as it did in The Longest Journey: why are these game so talkative? More clicking on pixels, less clicking on dialogue options!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I believe we played Bestowers of Eternity at some point in here. That is part of that series I believe.

--Mark Twain