Mass Effect

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Re: Mass Effect

Post by Scythe »

You can only save Wrex if your Paragon/Renegade score is high enough.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

That was my thought. Now to go back and see if I can do something that wont get him killed.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

After trying everything:
Signalling Ashley to shoot Wrex, shooting him myself, being good cop and bad cop I always end up with one dead wrex, so I turned to a walkthrough to see what would trigger it, and it seems my last choice of XPpoints was badly placed. I can opnly keep him alive if I have more charm or intimidate points placed... Annoyingly that was my main thought the last time I divided points, but I ended up using them on my spectre powers instead... Now I need to load up a savegame that puts me an hour or so back...

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

And to follow up. I got Wrex through the conversation alive. :) I had to use the smoothtalk option, but I am sure I wont regret placing my XP-points there. It was the step that gave me the motivated buyer ability. :)
Now on to do some heavy battle I am sure. :Brucelee:

--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Signalling Ashley to shoot Wrex, shooting him myself,
You expected either of those choices to keep Wrex alive? =) masseffect.wikia.com is probably the best resource to the whole game series.

Hint: If you see rarely blue or red conversation options and instead often grayed out options, you need to start boosting either your paragon or renegade status. Your initial background option gives an additional boost to either direction. If you want to make most of the story, increasing the charm and intimidation points are also essential as some dialog options like keeping Wrex alive are not possible otherwise. The combat skills are then secondary (you can even skip couple of fights if you have enough Paragon points, if I remember correctly).

Oh, there's going to be battle on Virmire all right...
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am almost through the Virmire battle and yes there was some heavy firing going on, :)
Unfortunatly just asI was looking for the last AA gun and awaiting extraction the game crashed - luckily I saved a little while ago, so only about 5-10 minutes of gameplay/gunplay needs done over. :)

WHATTHE... Now I have to choose between looing two other crewmembers.... Dammit. Cut me some salg here. I am hoping I choose the right one. :)

--Mark Twain
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

There is no right choice for your next dilemma... unless you were romancing one of them, then you risk screwing over your romance.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Chroelle wrote:I am almost through the Virmire battle and yes there was some heavy firing going on, :)|
I decided not to comment on this statement.
WHATTHE... Now I have to choose between looing two other crewmembers.... Dammit. Cut me some salg here. I am hoping I choose the right one. :)
*losing
*slack

Don't get too attached to your crew. :twisted:
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Oh, I wasn't thinking that there was a general right or wrong choice, but simply hoped I wouldn't regret the choice I made. I went with a more gentleman approach though it was against my feelings towards the characters at that point. But things changed and I (lets call it) like the woman a lot more now (For the life of me cannotremember her name ATM). I have however decided not to go with a romantic relation with her, but have instead tried the Liara path...

ASHLEY....thats her name!

--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

LMAO!

Funny stuff that!

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Would you believe it - the wifey went out for dinner with her sister, after coming home and tucking in the youngest, and then took the oldest with her - AND I GOT TIME TO FINISH MASS EFFECT FINALLY!

An Ok ending, but I think I would have liked a longer firefight to get to Saren in the Citadel Council tower. I am immidiately going to search for the cheapest and easiest way to get a hold of ME2. But I will not begin playing it before I know I will have some time to get a flow going in the gaming. I hated taking 2 week breaks from the game, and coming back not quite remembering what I was doing or what my plan was...

Oh and after watching the credits I couldn't help but get a small nerdgasm - I knew Lance Henriksen was in there as Hackett, but I did not know that the familiar voice of Benezia was that of Marina Sirtis - who I can explain to any non-trekkies out there is the actor behind Councellor Deanna Troi (Of Star Trek Next generation)...

--Mark Twain
Master_X
Prospect

Post by Master_X »

Looks like a fun game. Even though most of the time I play them and are getting boring after a few hours of playtime. I do like 3rd person shooter games but I prefer 1st person.

Why do I see black spots???
smayragrace

Post by smayragrace »

Mass effect is the only one game that always entertain me.....This is the Only One Game that is mine all time favorite and a good action game to play..