World of warcraft

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

Pepsi
Mod

World of warcraft

Post by Pepsi »

where did that topic go?

well who plays and where and what class? :lol:

i have a 60 warlock on earthen ring (RP)

i have in mind to start a new one then the burnig crusade is released....
Monteque
Tycoon

Post by Monteque »

HAve moved the other topic to jail.. The topic was in danish... :)
[img]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5705/sig2rose5ju.jpg[/img]
FogToo
Warhero

Post by FogToo »

The topic was in multilanguage ;) since it was also called World of Warcraft :)
Anyway.. Have a 60 shaman on The Venture Co, and soon another 60 hunter on Scarshield Legion..
Not playing at the moment since I have no time, and my studies are requiring most of my time..
Have no intention at the moment to start playing again yet..
[size=84][color=red]War does not determine who is right. War determines who is left.
Praeterea censeo Carthaginem esse delendam! - Cato
There are 10 types of people in the world: "Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Det er latterligt at påstå, at computerspil påvirker børn.
Hvis f.eks. Pac-Man havde påvirket børn født i 80'erne, så ville vi i dag have en masse unge, rendende rundt i mørke rum og spise piller, mens de lytter til monoton og ensformigt musik.[/color][/size]
Maturin
Patron

Post by Maturin »

I mainly play on the german servers, but if you ever want to meet me on an english, Talitha (lvl27 mage), steamwheedle cartel (RP)
Lost in Space... jetzt, gleich, haben will, NEEEEEED

... jetzt hab ichs und es suckt mich an.
Varnus
Tourist

Post by Varnus »

59 Paladin on Aszune (inactive);
60 Mage on Burning Legion (used to be in raiding community, now semi-active)
60 Rogue on Argent Dawn (main in raiding community; temporarily inactive due to exams ^_^)

and a buncha alts varying from 10 to 40 :p
FogToo
Warhero

Post by FogToo »

Since no other have mentioned it.
I just found out what the new alliance race would be. I don't know when it was unveiled, but I just saw it today..
Some way I think I need to play both races, but since I don't know which is best at what yet..
But I think I will go for the Blood Elves for start.
[size=84][color=red]War does not determine who is right. War determines who is left.
There are 10 types of people in the world: "Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Hvis f.eks. Pac-Man havde påvirket børn født i 80'erne, så ville vi i dag have en masse unge, rendende rundt i mørke rum og spise piller, mens de lytter til monoton og ensformigt musik.[/color][/size]
Maturin
Patron

Post by Maturin »

I'm still not sure what I'll do first when the addon comes out...
Start a new char or discover the new game content.
One of these will be crowded, I have to get a feeling what more players are going to do. Then I'll do the opposite.
Lost in Space... jetzt, gleich, haben will, NEEEEEED

... jetzt hab ichs und es suckt mich an.
FogToo
Warhero

Post by FogToo »

hehe you are right.. Both might get overcrowded.. My guess is that the first time, all will be crowded.
I will go for the new race ;)

Pepsi
Mod

Post by Pepsi »

i just stopped again.. i lost my internet and started doing this RL instance called dating so i will first return at BC just to see if is something i like...
vamii
Probably a spambot

Post by vamii »

Hey... Ive just got a question.. Ive seen World of Warcraft in the store`s and i love MMoRPG games.. But is it worth the money to give away about 15$ a month ?? ive heard that it`s PvP Should be Awesome .. But still i have that thought. should i give the money to em for playing that game .. i just wanne hear your opiones ..
Pepsi
Mod

Post by Pepsi »

well.. depends.. i only pvp... so for me its worth it.. and you can get away with paying like 6€ a month... i dont like PvE... so try it... i think its worth it...
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Funny. Ive just received the following:

---

Greetings,

An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account in question is being sold or traded. As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with Blizzard's EULA under section 4 Paragraph B which can be found here: WoW -> Legal -> End User License Agreement
and Section 8 of the Terms of Use found here:
WoW -> Legal -> Terms of Use

The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated.
In order to keep this from occurring, you should immediately verify that you are the original owner of the account.

To verify your identity please visit the following webpage:
https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/login/l ... index.html
Only Account Administration will be able to assist with account retrieval issues. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Sincerely,

Account Administration
Blizzard Entertainment

---

The problem is - I never had WoW account. Dirty case. If someone was able to use my email to register on WoW (I have to click on link from confirmation mail I suppose to register) then it means he was also able to open my mail. Letter to Blizzard sent. Password changed. Smells bad.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

That's a phisher. I got the exact same mail even though i haven't got a WoW account either. I wrote to blizzard ([email protected]), and this is what they replied:
Blizzard wrote:Greetings,

Thank you for checking with the Account Administration Department about this email!

As you may have already discovered the email you make reference to is NOT from an actual Blizzard Employee. These emails are attempts to steal information to World of Warcraft accounts. While these emails target World of Warcraft account holders the emails they send will at times make their way to people that no longer or have never had an account with us. The emails that they send to are ones they have found from various unsecure registries or by compromising other peoples email accounts and copying the contacts list.

A few ways to detect such emails can be seen below.

A Blizzard employee will NEVER ask you for your password, secret question, or Authentication keys through email, request you to validate your account on a website, or demand that you change your email to a specified email address.

While all of our email addresses end in "@blizzard.com", there are ways to mask the sending email address, just like changing the return address on an envelope sent in the mail, so this will not always be a sure sign of a Blizzard email.

If you ever have questions or concerns about the legitimacy of any email that appears to be from Blizzard, please feel free to email [email protected], or submit an in-game petition and we will gladly assist you in determining if any email is valid or not.

More information about these phishing emails can be found on our forums at (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1383&sid=1)

If you replied to the email already and cannot access your account please call the Billing department before reporting the account as stolen. With proper verification our representatives will be able to assist you in recovering your account. Billing representatives are on hand to take your call Monday through Friday between 8AM and 8PM Pacific Time, at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (800-592-5499). Customers in Australia should call 1-800-041-378.

I hope that this information sufficiently addresses your concerns. Please feel free to contact us again if you require further assistance.

Thank you for your time & best regards,

Sincerely,

Feusle
Account Administration
Blizzard Entertainment
www.worldofwarcraft.com
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

Welcome to the world of phishing, eMTe.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Thank you very much. :mrgreen:
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I got that one too - twice. :)
Took it as just another attempt of phishing, and it seems I was right. I never owned a Wow account either. Never even saw the game in action, as I know I am an easy target, so I might suddenly be caught up in it, loosing my real life interests, and time for CWF.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

As for the e-mails, also our Bugtracker had played WoW - twice.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Its amazing how much tima that bugtracker has on its hands...

--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Yeah, it has Level 60 Dark Elf and got some awesome loot like Sword of a Thousand Truths.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

And bugs of a million idiots....

--Mark Twain