Dungelot

This is where you can discuss the freeware games that are on our site or that should be.

Moderator: Game Hunters

Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Dungelot

Post by Pater Alf »

"Dungelot" is a casual roguelike game. Try to find the key in each level and get as deep into the dungeon as possible. There are lots of different monsters, spells and artefacts and you can use the loot from a previous run to power up your hero for the next one. Several heroes (e.g. vampire, assassin, alchemist) with different skills and stats can be unlocked.

Developer: Dimitry Mitrofanov

Download (for Windows and Mac): http://dungelot.com/

Download size: 17.7 MB

Year: 2012

Attachments
Dungelot1.jpg
Dungelot1.jpg (135.69 KiB) Viewed 9104 times
Dungelot2.jpg
Dungelot2.jpg (174.2 KiB) Viewed 9104 times
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Re: Dungelot

Post by eMTe »

Mimicking Pater's style: it looks really interesting, I think I will give it a try. 8)
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Even if it's simplistic in its core game mechanics, it's pretty addictive. Played for several hours during my last night shift week just to get to deeper dungeons and to unlock the new characters.
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Played the game again this night and found out that a well-equipped vampire is completely overpowered. When I had to stop because my nightshift was over), I was at dungeon level 57, my attack was 24 and I still had 960 heath points left. Think I could've played for some more hours without the risk of dying.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

You post these details to persuade me to play it?
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

I post these details, because I think they might be interesting for everyone who wants to play the game. But if you ask me if you should play the game, I would recommend to give it a try. It's good fun for a while (even if it might become repetitive once you unlocked everything).
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Downloading. :D
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I dont like the game much. I mean, it's fun to click around, but it follows the recent trend of creating games for dumb kids where you always win. You reach 7th floor, you get killed, but you gain access to better characters, to upgrades, so with each session you are stronger, you reach deeper floors and you eventually beat the game. What's the challenge? That you need patience to repeat the same actions round and around?