The Adventures of Fatman: Toxic Revenge

This is where you can discuss the freeware games that are on our site or that should be.

Moderator: Game Hunters

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

The Adventures of Fatman: Toxic Revenge

Post by eMTe »

First commercial game made with Adventure Game Studio, later proclaimed abandonware by author. Not one of the greatest games Ive played, but it gives enough fun for a couple of evenings.

Download link:

http://curlysworldoffreeware.com/game_i ... ?gameid=59

Download size: 24.1 Mb

Release date: 2003

Developer: SOCKO! Entertainment

Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

I think there´s also a version that includes voice acting. I´d really like to try this. Does anybody has a link where I can download the speech pack?
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I played it over and found some quite funny ideas in there. I think it is a good game to spend some time on. But I think it unfortunately also has its downsides.
SPOILER BELOW:

The changing of costumes is annoying because you have to do it more than once and at a different location than where you need it. The phonebooth should have been placed outside the punk-club....

/SPOILER
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

SOCKO!'s page is back online.

http://www.socko1.com/index.htm?

Special Edition of Fatman was released and you can order it in SOCKO!'s store.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

It has alot of pros and cons if you ask me. Graphics are really jumpy in quality. Some places simply suck while others are very good, and have an influence on the mood of the place and the game...
Sound is non-existant, which annoyed me quite a bit. It mentioned voiceacting in the credits, and I would have liked that in a superhero game. It would ahve been nice with some dark and mysterious voice opening up the game, but instead you had to read text... Already there I wasn't quite caught. After having spent a long time getting doughnuts for the cop it seemed that the game was either VERY long, or more likely badly proportioned. It took me almost as long to get him a doughnut as it took me to complete the rest of the game... That says a lot...
Also there were quite a few glitches in the game... Such as:
- Why does Fatman come to the conclusion that he must have the wrong adress when nobody opens up the door he is knocking on. Wouldn't a more reasonable conclusion be that nobody was home...?
- When confronting the clerk with the fact that you got the wrong adress, he gives you teh right one, with the excuse of being dyslexic.... Which means that he has trouble reading...not speaking...! So if he knew the right adress, which he does, then it has nothing to do with his dyslexia that he actually says the number wrong...
There are a few more of these.... Actually too bad, because all in all the game was good, and had lots of funny moments. I played it in two long goes, and felt the urge to complete it when I opened it up today again...
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Re: The Adventures of Fatman: Toxic Revenge

Post by eMTe »

I've discovered that you can exploit point counter by asking the clerk repeatedly about where you can get donuts - each answer rewards you with one point. I don't know what happens when counter reaches maximum, but it looks like serious omission.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)