BatMan

This is where you can discuss the freeware games that are on our site or that should be.

Moderator: Game Hunters

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

BatMan

Post by eMTe »

A remake of this game. Done by the same guy who remade Head over Heels (original was also made by the same guys, so it seems he loves their games much 8)).

---

The Caped Crusader(TM) is in the Batcaves beneath Gotham City(TM). Robin
has been captured by Batman's adversaries, principally the Joker and with
some cunning assistance from the Riddler. The only hope for escape is to
assemble the trusty Batcraft whose parts lie scattered round the deadly
catacombs beneath and then speed off to rescue Robin.

The Joker and the Riddler will do their upmost to prevent him from rescuing
Robin and will place in his way a variety of deadly henchmen and confusing
obstacles which will exert all his powers, both physical and mental, to
achieve his task.(...)

---

If the jump button doesnt work at the beginning, contrary to Head over Heels, dont be afraid, you must collect BatBoots first to jump (they can be found somewhere...).

Developer: Tomaz Kac

http://retrospec.sgn.net/game/batman
Attachments
b1.jpg
b1.jpg (92.43 KiB) Viewed 8805 times
b2.jpg
b2.jpg (107.81 KiB) Viewed 8805 times
b3.jpg
b3.jpg (87.04 KiB) Viewed 8805 times
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Re: BatMan

Post by eMTe »

Game is a little buggy. Three times already (two times in the same place) I have been switched back to Windows, but BatMan didnt crash. Instead my resolution changed and desktop turned 90 degrees, but I was able to return to game. So this is not a critical error, but very discomfortable one.
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Probably not a bug, but a mad plan of the Joker. :teaseface:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Very mad. Not only game messes my desktop up, but it is also capable of turning itself 90 degrees, without warning. I tried to run it in windowed mode, but it doesnt help. Really irritating, because it is indeed a great game, maybe slightly less complex than Head Over Heels, but still entertaining.
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

The game seems to be very hard, depend partly on luck, and depend on you knowing the rooms before hand.

There are many rooms with traps that doesn't give you a chance to notice them before it's too late. Like what Pager said with the platforms that push you, even though they don't look like they should.

I've gotten past the part where you have to collect your equipment. But progress seems to be quite slow because the save points are far between, and the levels are really hard, so a lot of time is spent replaying the same rooms over and over.

The game visually looks very good and interesting. With 150 rooms spread over 9 levels it sounds like it's a good long game with plenty of content. I really want to like it, but it's just such a shame the game is so punishing that you don't get much of a chance to get far.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Heh, that's the "charm" of 8-bit games. :D I wonder what is your opinion on Head over Heels, game with identical mechanics.
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

I will probably have a similar opinion. But i think i remember you saying that Batman was harder than Head Over Heels, so maybe i'll like that more.
DJZotte

View the latest post

Post by DJZotte »

Can I search for a word grouping like "crankshaft seal" and get only results when that exact phrase occurs?