Cart Life

This is where you can discuss the freeware games that are on our site or that should be.

Moderator: Game Hunters

Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Cart Life

Post by Pater Alf »

A retail simulation made with the AGS engine. You can choose one out of three characters (with different goals and life situations) and help them to make there living from running a small business.

Not easy to handle sometimes, but much more complex than I thought it would be. That's mainly because you don't just have to run the business, but also have to take care of the social life of the characters (including a pet or a child) as well as elemental needs like sleep, food or cigarettes (ok that one might not be elemental for everyone).

Pretty interesting, I always like to see what people can do with the AGS engine when they don't use it to make "normal" point and click adventures.

Developer: Richard Hofmeier

Download: http://www.richardhofmeier.com/cartlife/

Download size: 39.3 MB

Year: 2012

Attachments
CartLife1.jpg
CartLife1.jpg (67.29 KiB) Viewed 5119 times
CartLife2.jpg
CartLife2.jpg (35.59 KiB) Viewed 5119 times
CartLife3.jpg
CartLife3.jpg (55.05 KiB) Viewed 5119 times
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Re: Cart Life

Post by Chroelle »

Sounds pretty interesting. I might try this.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Re: Cart Life

Post by Pater Alf »

Richard Hofmeier decided to make the "Everything Edition" of the game freeware. That will give you an additional playable character, the soundtrack and the bonus game "Lawn Defender".

You can also download the source code of the game now.

http://www.richardhofmeier.com/cartlife/editions.html
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]