Sugar Cube

This is where you can discuss the freeware games that are on our site or that should be.

Moderator: Game Hunters

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Sugar Cube

Post by eMTe »

Project Wonderful works! (for some) Here comes the game which I found via the add which is displayed at the bottom of our site for a couple of days (yeah, Im talking about this smiling cube-headed guy which you all probably noticed, but didnt dare to click! :D).

Sugar Cube is a platformer with a twist. Playing field (background) is divided into square tiles and each time you move or jump you flip the tile behind you, changing environment - platforms, ladders, spikes or enemies appear - so you have to think what to do in order to reach the level exit, but also have quick hand.

Developer: Turtle Cream

http://turtle-cream.com/eng/16?category=2

Game is rather short and doesnt feature fullscreen which is a minor drawback, but it is fun to play!

"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Re: Sugar Cube

Post by Chroelle »

Gotta love those ads. :)

It seems like an exciting concept if you are into puzzlers. I might try it out.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

There is at least one more game with a similar concept:

http://forum.curlysworldoffreeware.com/ ... =17&t=3084

About "Sugar Cube": It's arguable if this is a complete game at all or just a technical demo. But apart from that, one has to say that it is beautifully drawn, that there is nice music and that the concept has a lot of potential. Most of the levels are pretty easy to complete for experienced gamers, but if you like, you could use the editor to create your own (nore difficult) ones.
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

A charming little puzzler. It's a bit short, but the story does wrap itself up. I like the puzzle element. It's not something i've seen before. And the artwork between levels also gives some personality to the character and the whole game.
I think it's a good game, not great, since it's fairly short, but it does feel complete.