Heart of Ice

This is where you can discuss the freeware games that are on our site or that should be.

Moderator: Game Hunters

earok

Heart of Ice

Post by earok »

More shameless self promotion ;)

Heart of Ice is a short "hack and slash" action game, originally developed for the 2009 Global Game Jam. A PC downloadable version is available, as well as HTML5 and Flash versions.
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Re: Heart of Ice

Post by Pater Alf »

Looks funny! I think I will give it a try...
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

It looks so deliberately amateurish that I almost feel Im gonna try it. :)
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Ok, maybe not the best game ever, but not bad for a game made in 48 hours.

Fun to play and once you started you will play for a while just to get through all 8 rooms. Even if I have to admit that it seems to be impossible for me. I always die in room five... :(
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
earok

Post by earok »

Thanks guys

@eMTe heh, not 'deliberately' amateurish, the generally bad art reflects the fact that I did the whole thing myself in the 48 hour time limit. Fortunately for this re-release, a friend made me some half decent music for the game.

@Pater Hope you manage to beat it. You may find two-player easier, even if you're just playing solo you only need to keep one character alive to keep playing.