Zeek the Geek Part 2

This is where you can discuss the freeware games that are on our site or that should be.

Moderator: Game Hunters

JKSM

Zeek the Geek Part 2

Post by JKSM »

Title: Zeek the Geek Part 2
Genre: Puzzle
Year: 2000
Author: Paul H. Smith
Copyright: Freeware
System Requirements: Works on Win 3.1, Win 95, Win 98, Win 2000 & Win XP
Controls: Mouse or Keyboard (Arrow keys)
Download: Direct Download page from the author's website. The author's website main page

Objective: The objective of the game is for Zeek to collect the mushroom. However on the way, he may encounter many different obstacles and collects other stuff. Detail Graphical Instructions from author's page

Music: There is background midi music while playing the game.

Skill Difficulty: There are easy puzzles as well as difficult puzzles. Some puzzles may require more thinking.

Long ago, Zeek the Geek Part I used to be a 15 level shareware and Zeek the Geek Part 2 and different level packs were sold. However, in recent times, the author has released Zeek the Geek Part 2 and different level packs for free and no longer sells it.

The author has put all the puzzle packs (Zeek1, Zeek2, Nice-EZ, Kidstuff, Galore, FunPack1, Challenge & Challenge2) in Zeek the Geek Part 2 link. Zeek the Geek Part 2 has the ability to load puzzle packs unlike Zeek the Geek Part 1. There is no need to download Part 1 as Part 2 includes part 1 levels.

I have something extra not there i.e. the level editor as I bought it long ago. :D The author didn't put it for download.
Attachments
zeek2.jpg
zeek2.jpg (59.49 KiB) Viewed 11876 times
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Looks retro-funnish.
I took the liberty of uploading a screenshot, as imageshacks images have a tendency to grow old at some point and selfdelete. :)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Re: Zeek the Geek Part 2

Post by Chroelle »

Hmmm... His Geocities site has been closed. His name is sidewalk software, but I cannot seem to find any new site anywhere...

--Mark Twain
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

Can't find the Part 2 version anywhere.
JKSM

Post by JKSM »

Sorry, I didn't reply the post last year as I didn't know there was a post here :roll:

Chroelle, do you still want Zeek the Geek Part 2 set that the author previously put on Geocities for download which include the puzzle packs (Zeek1, Zeek2, Nice-EZ, Kidstuff, Galore, FunPack1, Challenge & Challenge2)? If you want, I could email you or put somewhere for you to download. Previously, I bought it from the author, Paul Smith in Sep 2003 and it was sold through the traditional way i.e. physical mail - send cheque / money order and get 3 & 1/2 inch diskette, no electronic transfer allowed. :lol: At that time, it was already quite old but still available for sale. In 2009, the author put the entire set on Geocities for download for free. Geocities closed sometime back so unfortunately by the time, you look at his page it was gone.

If you are still interested, I can provide the game and if you like it, you could write to Paul Smith at his email: [email protected] (hope the email has not changed) to ask him whether you can put it up as freeware download at your site.
I think he may be okay since the game is already so old and he had make the full version available to download for free. Finding this on the internet would be quite rare as one would usually find the shareware version called "Zeek the Geek Part 1". The only file that I am not sure whether the author would allow free distribution is the level editor as previously he did not put it up for download.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well lets not let it pass us by if it might be a chance of us being exclusive with this game. :)
If you can send it to me, or upload it somehow...

--Mark Twain
JKSM

Post by JKSM »

I've already PM you. You can try the game and decide what you wish to do with it. :wink:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Contacted the guy and I am awaiting a reply. :)

--Mark Twain
a774889315
Probably a spambot

Post by a774889315 »

Did you contact the author and can you share the level editor? This game is a precious memory of my childhood. I had some interesting thoughts, but I never get the level designer anywhere. My email is [email protected] . Right here waiting (for your reply) :wink: .