Lost Legends

This is where you can discuss the freeware games that are on our site or that should be.

Moderator: Game Hunters

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Lost Legends

Post by eMTe »

Single-player freeware rpg! Hell freezes over! :shock:

Not much can be said about plot in this one and it looks it follows old kill-one-or-more-big-evil-fuzzles formula; game offers separate quests instead of storyline, but is there anything at the end of all this is beyond my knowledge atm. I played it for 10 mins and dont even know how to switch between isometric and fp view.

Still in development, multiplayer planned, no info about possible hiatus, single-player looks finished.

Developer: Ghost Wood Games

http://www.ghostwoodgames.com/features.htm
Attachments
lll.jpg
lll.jpg (43.76 KiB) Viewed 6209 times
ll.jpg
ll.jpg (56.11 KiB) Viewed 6209 times
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I have palyed my first quest in this game and I was somewhat pleasantly surprised. A good game with lots of the regular features (regular for a commercial title), but some clear signs that it is made by non-professionals. (For instance the human looks like an indian headshrinkig band got hold of him before the game started...)
With a few graphical issues and some info missing, you still have a good game so far. I will play on to see what I feel in a couple of quests-time. :)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

This game has a lot going for it, but has some flaws and downsides to it as well. The overall feel of the game is good and you get immersed in the feel of being in dungeons. That being said the game needs a tutorial to let you know how to do things - and what to do. I figured it out the second time around I played the game. I also figured out that you can switch to 1st person and kill your way through baddies, but it doesn't work that well. Hiting an enemy before he hits you is impossible NOT to do, while in 3rd person you will often get hit, but you loose a bit of the close encounter feeling in 3rd person. So go try it out - it is worth it.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Re: Lost Legends

Post by Drasir-Vel »

I really like this game. It's a clickfest where you'll collect a lot of junk you don't have room for in your inventory. It was fun that you could just hurl throwing weapons at the enemies. I liked that you could play first person. The fact that there falls so many potions on the ground you don't actually need, makes it more easy and it feels a bit like a casual game, which i enjoy. If i have to guess, i think it's because the developers haven't started balancing the gameplay yet because they're still adding content. Like Chroelle said, the game doesn't introduce you in any way, and explain how to use the interface and the shortcuts. Though you can press F1 to view them
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Re: Lost Legends

Post by Drasir-Vel »

After having played this some more, i'm gonna have to change my opinion on it.
The game looks simplistic, but pretty. But it's unfinished.
There's no need at all to use mana potions because you regenerate mana instantly after using it.
You get plenty of arrows despite there not being any bows.
There's a whole branch of the barbarian skill tree meant for being in a party, which isn't implemented.
The difficulty hasn't been balanced and it's very easy. It could pass as a casual game, but the levels are too long for it to fit under that category.
The game regularly crashes when entering a new level. Big parts of it is just unfinished. Otherwise it's a good game.