Lemmings

This is where you can discuss the freeware games that are on our site or that should be.

Moderator: Game Hunters

stefano2015
Probably a spambot

Re: Lemmings

Post by stefano2015 »

Super fine game. Very addictive, I played for many hours.
WhoKnowscs

Post by WhoKnowscs »

Geoff wrote:Hi its been a long time. lemmins has been extensively updated, update now includes a level editor. lots of new tilesets to play with. ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kmbst00xw5hv ... s.zip?dl=0

:Bearhug:
IS there any chance this version can be reuploaded anywhere? Dropbox has removed the file.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

This game (and all the other games we used to host) can be now be found from the Internet Archive's Classic PC Games section. Here you go!.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Geoff
Tourist

Post by Geoff »

WhoKnowscs wrote:
Geoff wrote:Hi its been a long time. lemmins has been extensively updated, update now includes a level editor. lots of new tilesets to play with. ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kmbst00xw5hv ... s.zip?dl=0

:Bearhug:
IS there any chance this version can be reuploaded anywhere? Dropbox has removed the file.
Sorry about that link updated in orignal post. :D

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B63pD ... DR4LW5nYzA
Last edited by Geoff on Mon May 15, 2017 22:39, edited 4 times in total.
cheriebrown

Post by cheriebrown »

I remember playing lemmings on my first computer, only thing that has changed are the graphics are a bit better :D
Play spider soiltaire online here: https://www.spidersolitaireonline.net. Have a game and let me know what you think.
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

WhoKnowscs

Post by WhoKnowscs »

Thanks for the update. When I run it, it either shows a black screen or the DMA logo but then pops of an "Invalid Stream Handle" error and won't run. What are the prerequisites, if any? (Windows version/special libraries like .net/visual studio runtime libraries and so forth)? I've tried running it in Windows XP as well as in Wine and it's the same error.

Should I try without any folders?
Geoff
Tourist

Post by Geoff »

Hmmm there are two intro videos at the first start of the game I wonder if they are causing the problem.

Go in the graphics folder and see if you can view/play the videos.
WhoKnowscs

Post by WhoKnowscs »

Well both videos played with Windows media player with no but they may not have sound actually in the video file to begin with.

I tried moving all the files in the Graphics folder out into the folder with the lemmins exe and it didn't show the error but it did crash so that wasn't a solution.

When I searched with Google for "Blitz Basic Invalid Stream Handle" I got this thread: http://wasted.nz/posts.php?topic=78117

Which is why I thought to try without folders.

Thanks for the help though.

Edit: Well I tried the game on other computers. One(with windows 8 or higher) wanted to install directplay but stalled out searching for the component with the wizard. Another was running windows 7 It would play the intro vid(s) then go to the DMA logo with the reddish background, but it still put the same "invalid stream handle" ***after the videos played.***

Is there sometype of Blitzbasic runtime library it's wanting?
Geoff
Tourist

Post by Geoff »

No the files definitely need to be in the graphics folder. I'm using windows 7 with no problems. I find blitzbasic games run very slow on windows 10 not sure about windows 8.

I think directx is needed but that should come with windows.

Try running the game has administrator.
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

If you still have the sourcecode, you could try recompiling it using the latest Blitz3D version. Might help.. .. but as with all things, might not!

Latest B3D. Which is free and OpenSource, now, btw.
Geoff
Tourist

Post by Geoff »

It was written using blitzplus.
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

Oh..
Oh dear.. :/
Geoff
Tourist

Post by Geoff »

The invalid stream handle is because it’s failing to load a graphic. Also I didn’t use blitz medial linker.
WhoKnowscs

Post by WhoKnowscs »

The last update(the one from November that was 300+ megs and about 3 times larger than the previous version) finally works! Well it got me to the main menu and I could play levels so I consider it working since I could never get to the menu before. I haven't spent hours playing it but I can't see why it wouldn't work.

I even got it working in WINEskin(a self encapsulated version of wINE on macs) once I installed DirectPlay and DirectX winetricks.

Thanks.