Babylon 5: I´ve Found Her - Danger and Opportunity

This is where you can discuss the freeware games that are on our site or that should be.

Moderator: Game Hunters

Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Babylon 5: I´ve Found Her - Danger and Opportunity

Post by Pater Alf »

I have to admit that I never was a big fan of the famous TV Series "Babylon 5" by J. Michael Straczynski. But here we have a space combat simulation game settled in this world and it looks quite promising.

I only played the training mission so far and it was quite good, because it really tells you what to do and how to navigate your ship (I´m always a bit lost when it comes to remembering all the different keys), so I hope the rest of the game will be as good.

Here are some pieces of the FAQ on the official homepage:

"What is “Babylon 5: I’ve Found Her” project?

“Babylon 5: I’ve Found Her” (IFH) is a freeware space combat simulator game project developed by Space Dream Factory (SDF) and set in the universe of Babylon 5.

What is “Babylon 5: I’ve Found Her — Danger and Opportunity”?

“Danger and Opportunity” (D&O) is a prequel campaign for “Babylon 5: I’ve Found Her” space combat simulator game containing 8 complete and fully playable missions (including 3 training missions) based on a stand-alone prologue storyline.

When will the game be released?

“Babylon 5: I’ve Found Her” prequel campaign entitled “Danger and Opportunity” has been officially released on December 25, 2003. SDF has no fixed release dates for IFH Main Campaign since the game is created on developers’ own free time. It will be released “when it’s done” (WID).

What are the game’s system requirements?

To run IFH prequel campaign “Danger and Opportunity” on you PC you will require:

• Windows® System 98/ME/2000/XP OS
• 800 MHz or higher CPU
• 128 MB or more of RAM
• 3D graphics card supporting OpenGL
• Approx. 220 MB of available hard drive space"

Developer: Space Dream Factory

Official homepage and download: http://ifh.firstones.com/

Download size: 257 MB (including update)

Year: 2003

Status: Freeware for sure, but I will have to ask if they allow hosting on other sites...
Attachments
Babylon2.jpg
Babylon2.jpg (86.94 KiB) Viewed 4689 times
Babylon1.jpg
Babylon1.jpg (17.13 KiB) Viewed 4689 times
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Any news on permission? I have a hard time navigating their forum... Especially since I am a bit tired after a long day today.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Re: Babylon 5: I´ve Found Her - Danger and Opportunity

Post by Drasir-Vel »

New homepage: http://ifhgame.ru/

Just completed this game. Great atmospheric music, good voice acting with unique characters. An immersive story which you'll want to continue on. When i completed the game and the credits were shown, it was quite unexpected because it looks like it was just the beginning of something epic.

I really liked the gameplay because it allowed you full six degrees of freedom. Most of the time i played with inertial mode on, meaning i would be sliding until i manually stopped with the thrusters, so i could have a high speed fight where you can see the speed particles flying past, but you're still relatively stationary to the enemy you're fighting. It's once you master the inertial mode the game really gets fun.

Another thing which made the game great was when you're in hyperspace during the training mission. It really feels like this big scary place where you're afraid of drifting away from the beacon and get lost. A place like that can get your imagination running.
One thing i didn't like was that it's impossible to alt tab out of the game.

Regarding distribution. When you complete the game and the credits are shown, it says that the game can be freely distributed.

This game is only the prequel campaign. The development of the next part has been inactive for a long time, but there's recently been some new announcements on the homepage that it's about to accelerate.