The Hellish/Heavenish Bar

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am afraid that is something that comes with age. I have the same thing... Lost total interest this year... So many more important things to do...
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
SGSW
Warhero
Location: On my way to hell or heaven whatever seems best at the moment

Post by SGSW »

For my birthday is specially a good excuse to gather my friends and family and to have a jolly good time.

Seems my package I had won on e-bay has just arrived. However as the seller lied about the location, it's stuck on customs, meaning I am probably going to have to pay about 25% more on VAT and custom taxes
http://www.vinylplastik.com/ - Wall Graphic Interiors - decoration - ships worldwide, AFAIK and it's run by someone I know.

htpp://www.lulu.com/ - Self-Publishing site

If you want a place to stay in Lisbon, staying for more than 3 days (excluding the yoth hostel) and are afraid to leave the girls with me try this http://lisbonsteps.blogspot.com/
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

Heh. I'm on the customs blacklist. Anything larger than a large envelope, or weighing more than 2 pounds, they automatically keep and ask for proof of purchase. Buggers...
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

:shock: what did you do to get yourself blacklisted like that scythe?
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Might have something to with my 140+ references on eBay in just six months... Overspend? ;) AKA "hey, we can make money off this guy, he buys abroad!"
SGSW
Warhero

Post by SGSW »

Might have something to with my 140+ references on eBay in just six months... Overspend? AKA "hey, we can make money off this guy, he buys abroad!"
Well I have here the regulation and they say that if you buy within the European Union, you're off the hook.

But this guys gives me his address and his bank address for the UK and then tells someone to ship from Hong Kong ... if the quality isn't perfect I'm going to become very upset :evil: BTW what is your nickname on ebay? and in which ebay are you registered?UK, global, Irish?

Hi Dizi, great to see you.

Say. I have an holiday today, wanna share it with me? I'll just fetch the Mallibu and we can go for a walk in the park/countryside ;) :mrgreen: 8) :Clap: :comfort: :cheekkiss: :balloon: :rockon: :coolbounce:
http://www.vinylplastik.com/ - Wall Graphic Interiors - decoration - ships worldwide, AFAIK and it's run by someone I know.

If you want a place to stay in Lisbon, staying for more than 3 days (excluding the yoth hostel) and are afraid to leave the girls with me try this http://lisbonsteps.blogspot.com/
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Yes indeed, within the EU is fine. I just buy from the US too often. ;) I've seen those UK/HK several times too. But, the funniest story... ok, sit down kids, it's kind of long.

So, I was looking for the X-Files Season DVDs, out of curiosity, checking prices. I saw some "Buy it Now" at $89.95 for all 9 seasons, and thought, "hey, that's cheap!" Looking closer they were Chinese, well, the covers were, but the contents should be 100% original with optional Chinese (yeah, yeah, Cantonese/Mandarin) subtitles. $35 shipping worldwide.

All right, sure, I wanted those, trusting bloke that I am, so I bought 'em and paid. 30 minutes later I get a message from some Chinese person saying, "we've shipped your DVDs" and giving me a tracking #.

10 minutes later, the eBay member writes me saying, "Dude, I haven't had anything for sale for half a year, don't pay these people." Followed by an official eBay message saying the item I was bidding on had been removed, and I shouldn't pay anything!

Ok, great, so I go into PayPal (which I used to pay) and open a dispute saying I didn't get my stuff. A couple hours later, another Chinese individual writes me saying my DVDs were sent, please close the dispute when you get them.

Hmm, I figure I've been cheated of $125 (*grumble*), but the tracking # was genuine enough, so I could wait to see what they'd sent me. Package showed up yesterday. I figure they've sent me bootlegs or V-CDs or something. And what the heck, I'm curious, so I take 'em.

I open the package, sure looks like X-Files DVDs, nice boxes, plastic wrapped and everything. "Those are some pretty nice bootleg copies," I think to myself. I crack them open, DVDs inside and all, stuff them in my player, they play fine. I try a couple more, they play just as fine. Original English sound, subtitles just as advertised... It's the stuff I bought!

Now I'm left to think, "What the heck!?" Somebody hi-jacked anotehr person's eBay account to do honest business?? Color me baffled, but hey, I'm a happy customer.

EDIT: Oh, right, I'm jakerscythe on global eBay since you ask.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Had the same problem in the past.

According to Polish law if you sell things worth more than 1500 zloty per month (local currency :D ) you should pay taxes. Of course Tax Office doesnt chase people who sell via ebay or so and such cases are accidental. But just in case I lowered my incomes after three months - I didnt want ot be one of these cases. :D

Another regulation says that if monthly incomes are constant and you always sell the same type of things (like books) you should pay taxes as well, because it looks like unregistered business activity. Pretty wise rule I think. But...this regulation doesnt say HOW BIG must be these incomes. If I sell one pencil per month and Ive been doing it for 5 years should I pay taxes for this? Pure nonsense! The regulation is unclear, so in fact everything depends on official of your appropriate regional Tax Office. Two laws that are excluding one another... *sigh*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAGER!
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
SGSW
Warhero

Post by SGSW »

Ok I got yesterday the package.

I had to pay an extra 33,77% over cost and even if the quality is beyond reproach I have a DVD nº 8 doubled and nº 5 missing 8albeit this last problem is solvable)

Overall it was still a good bargain

espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

Howdy, howdy folks! Well then, I've just finished moving into my new appartement. So now I'm all up and running, EXCEPT I need a stable connection to the internet.... maybe when next months bills are payd I'll be able to check into those matters,,, well, anyway, for me, it's still saturday, so CHEEEEEEEEEEEEERS
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Cheers Espenso. It has been a while since we last saw you. I forgot you were moving. What kind of apartement (size & type) is it?

--Mark Twain
SGSW
Warhero

Post by SGSW »

Hi everyone. Let me serve of a gigantic cup of "grandmother coffee". I have a family dinner in 90 minutes and I can't keep myself awake (inserts ZZzzzzzz smile)

Scythe

Post by Scythe »

This is Scythe writing from my

BRAND SPANKING NEW COMPUTER, BABY!!

Yeah...

So I'm just getting set up, transferring links and stuff from the old one, but it's going to be sweet. Getting used to this new one will take a little while, of course.

It took me less than an hour to set it up though. There's a new experience.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Congrats on it Scythe. Deliveries on time.... Now thats a new one too....

Just wanted to drop by and tell all the members that might not read my other posts, that the site is really starting up now. We got lots of games added, and GH's are validating like crazy to get more games done. eMTe and Scythe are resizing screenies to make every single one the same size (and of course shape) :D
Maz just got home from a wilderness trip, and will be busy, but (promised by him) not too busy to not get a little coding done... :D
How is everyone else?

--Mark Twain
welp
Patron

Post by welp »

Good to hear things are heating up :Clap:
Have a beer on me...
Congrats Scythe...
Just spent the night trying to clean up at least one of my cd-drives :damnpc:
SGSW
Warhero

Post by SGSW »

Congrats Scythe.

And I have a (not so) big announcement to make.

I went back to OG and I was nominated the new mod for the portuguese forum :D :P :) :mrgreen: 8) :Clap: :king:

Which meansd anyone willing to enter the wilderness and clean the dust there is entitled to free drinks until the end of the week.

Baldie
Prospect

Post by Baldie »

Hi Peoples :D :D
Long time no post :D :D
Guinness please :Cheers: :morebeer:
However things should get back to normal soon and The Cranky Old Man will be back to his old self :D :D
Freedom of Speech does have its responsibilities.
Who says I use BIG RED WRITING
Owner and Proprietor of Baldies BlackDiamond Enterprises PTY.LTD.
The Darwin Awards proof that stupidity is not always hereditary
SGSW
Warhero

Post by SGSW »

Hi Baldie. How are you mate.

* One crate of Guinness coming out *

What have you been doing? What is/was your job recently

espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

geez, I haven't been around lately. Sorry guys, it's just that it has been EXTREMELY much to do at work lately, and when I've been home, there's always been someone around to look at the appartement. To your question chroelle, it's not a biig place, about 45 m2, over two floors. But it's only me in the building and that's gotta count for something :P There's one bedrom and a big computer room upstairs, and the kitchen, living room and dining room (which is kinda the same room) is downstairs. The appartement is only a few minutes walk from the center of the city, but it's still isolated enough from the "city core" to be called a good place for families with kids. wheh, that's a lot of writing, at least when it's coming from me. CHEERS
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Hi all :p

I would like to introduce you all to Boris, he is the newest member of my little family. We went to the dog and cat shelter today, not to get a cat, we want one and have since I moved in, but this was just a spur of the moment thing on the way back from somewhere else. My boyfriend was expecting me to fall in love with all the cats and want to take them all home, so was I :p But he and I were wrong, we looked at most that cats and I thought they were cute but didn't really want to take them all home. Then there was Boris, he poked his head out of the little shelter and came out into its little caged outdoor area, from then I knew that I wanted this cat. So ok he isn't a member of my family yet, we have to go and pick him up tomorrow afternoon, but I would like to introduce you all to him now...

This picture was taken from the dog and cat shelters website, but I'm sure you'll be sick to death of the pictures once he comes home tomorrow.