The Hellish/Heavenish Bar

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

CONGRATS to Chroelle and his girlfriend, I am so happy for the both of you :D
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

This place seems to be quite quiet.. Perhaps it's the summer?
Well, I had a job interview yesterday. I think it went ok, and I should hear the decision in next two weeks... Sigh, it's hard to wait...

Other events.. Darzie Diz has come up with new design plans! And I must say they do look good to me :) I hope we'll get rid of the pre beta outlook before september. Is that doable Darz?

Other than that.. I'm afraid I must redo the download script & concentrate on some adminstrating functions for the site. So if I'll get the new job it might be that the review system will not be done in the near future... (at least not by me...) Nor the game uploads interface. If that will be so, then games must still be just proposed in freeware forum just as this far. Sorry.

Now.. I would like to have a beer, and then I'll try to continue some work... So, laters dudes :)
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Oh, I almost forgot...

1. Thanks Darz!
2. Happy Bday Mosh & Kenobi!!!!!!!
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

@maz in the german corner and at all other forums it's also quit... I think it's the vacatiion time :(

oh yes
kenobi's birtheday is today??? I nearly forgot it....

no no never :D

a very big happy birthday for moshboy & kenobi
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (3.65 KiB) Viewed 13373 times
-> It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Maz, I can't do anything the rest of this week as my b/f has took the week off so we are spending some time together. Next week and the week after with my fingures crossed shouldn't be too much of a problem, as nothing is planned. So as the design is sort of there I should be able to sort it out...if that plan changes though I will let you know.

And a very Happy Birthday to Moshboy and Kenobi, I hope you both have a great day :D
kenobi
Patron

Post by kenobi »

thanks all
i have a question.
@Chroelle can i become the godfather of your child????????????????
:beersong: :TGIF: :Givemebeer: :Cheers: :shots: :rockon:
may the force be with you ,my young padawan!!
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Okay, just so I don't seem like a total leecher, I'll post again. :p

Congrats to you and your girlfriend, Chroelle! :Clap:

(Incidently, I know you like this forum, Chroelle, but you might want to put sleeping and eating as a higher priority. After all, you won't do the forum much good if you're starving and delirious. ;) At the very least, they should be at equal priority because you can eat while working on the forum) :)

Happy Birthday to Moshboy and Kenobi! :D (I don't think I know Kenobi, but Happy Birthday anyway) :)

@Maz, I also recently had a job interview. Wal-Mart interviewed me for the position of "Customer Service Manager." (CSM) Basicly, I would be a puffed-up cashier; No real increase in authority, but extra responsibility. :roll: At least there's an increase in pay, though! :D

EDIT: (Stupid typos) :p
Last edited by Tormuse on Thu Aug 17, 2006 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

That does not sound so bad at all Torm :) And increase in payment... well, often it requires increase in responsebilities :p So it just sounds logical :) I keep my thumbs up, hopefully you'll get the job!

I received a phonecall yesterday... They invited me to second round of interviews :/ So after an hour I should be seeing the big boss :rolleyes: I must admitt I'm a bit nervous. A bit.

Darzie dear. Don't worry :) There's no need to rush, besides quality time with the boyfriend sounds like fun. Of course not as fun as playing darts with me but fun enough to leave the designing for a week or so :D So enjoy :)

I would love to have a beer, but I assume it's better to not.. One beer needs another beer to keep it company... And that leads my concentration to be a bit distracted :D And I must try to stay sharp as a razorblade... Or at least as a knife. Okay okay, perhaps as a fork? no? screwdriver?... Baaaaa! Okay Okay! At least as a hammer :|
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

@tormuse
kenobi is my very nice, forgetful, droll, sporty, amiable, crazy sciencefiction-trash-comedy-anime-fraek-boyfriend who's english skills are as bad as mine :D

but -in contrast to kenobi- it doesn't bother me to write a lot of totally wrong sentences...

@maz
I think it`s actually better to drink less beer :D
you seem to be a little bit confused :D

@the barkeeper

whisky ??? with ice ??? burbon ???
-> It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Yes Marry.. I'm just always a bit confused.. And confusing ;)
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Maz wrote:I received a phonecall yesterday... They invited me to second round of interviews :/ So after an hour I should be seeing the big boss :rolleyes: I must admitt I'm a bit nervous. A bit.
That's great, Maz! :D That means they're interested in you. I'd say that means you've pretty much got the job now. (Unless you really screw things up) :p
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Thanks Torm :)

I guess the interview went okay. The boss promised to inform me during the next week.. Sigh, somehow I hoped he would have said his opinion instantly :| Well, now there's nothing else to do but wait :/

At the same time I wait for being invited to another company for an interview. One of the team leaders from there promised to take me into an interview... Also my current boss kinda promised that I could continue my work in there at autumn, although probably not with 100% worktime... So basically it does not seem that bad, I am quite sure I will have some job at autumn. But of course nothing is written down yet, so anything can happen :/

I still could send some dozens of applications more... Well, I assume there's nothing else to do but send them and wait... And sweat :p
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Crossing my fingers and toes for you FM!

Well Kenobi I already have too many to choose from to be godparents, so there is not much of a chance of it becoming you..sorry...

And thanks for the congrats everybody. It is always nice when people wish you well.

REgarding nutrition and fluids...
I haven't lost a single pound yet - I just rearranged them a bit... Seems that doing hard manual labor for 18-20 hours a day can do wonders to your physic... It's kindda fun because not only has my delirious dehydrated and wildly naucious girlfriend noticed but people at my workplace has too :D Fun stuff.
Well I haven't had a decent beer in ages, so I am looking forward to when I can lie back and have one... Beer dulls the senses and workmorale, so I decided to not have beers until my workday is over, and at that point I am generally heading off straight to bed to get my sleep (my sleep schedule looks like Lex's did for quite a while 20/4)

I just saw Dizis design and it looks really nice if you ask me...As in NICE - SMOOTH and so on.

Hope to see you all soon again, but I have no idea when I will be able to check back in....
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

Wow, sorry for the delay, but, Congrats to you and your g/f on the preggers situation, Chroelle! That's freakin awesome. :D
We need a pregnant emoticon with a thumbs up just for this occasion...speaking of special occasions...who has cigars?!?

*Pager lights up a stogie and puffs away*

This will be the only time any of you see me smoke...unless of course we find out its twins... :P

Good to see all the OG alumni here as well, cheers to all! :Cheers:

For some unknown reason I keep losing the address for this site...but since I mostly use my work LT to post here, and they monitor our internet usage and history (which I wrote the script for, so I know the loop holes) it is quite understandable.
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

I'm BAAAAACK!! YAY! Well, at least I've got myself a new computer, but I'm still looking for a new place to live, and my internet connection will probably quit on me one of these days, but hey, I got a new PC!!!! So, what's new around here, except that people doesn't appreciate a good drink anymore.....?? hehe, it's good to be back
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Welcome back Esp :)

And then... I got the job peeps. Actually, I got 2 new jobs, and was offered a chance to continue my current job too... So I had to choose. Well, at next monday I'll start as a SW desinger :rolleyes: But my schedule at this week is tight... So I do not expect to have much time to be on here :/ Basically it seems that the development of the site will slow down somewhat... In fact, as you have probably noticed, it has been almost stopped for couple of weeks :| (Unless we count Darzies work, who has been working with the design ;) )
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Never count my design work toward anything...
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Well, I may be backc fo a while. They are finally getting my papers pushed at the police department for the network admin job. They said come down anytime today for the signing of the papers, then go to the hospital for a drug screening. I'll go down there this afternoon, because that's when the screening office is open. (Take route 572 to downtown Waukegan. Then get on it again, but go a little further down Washington Street to the hosptial, though I COULD walk there from my place too).
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

Are people at holidays or have they just stopped hanging out at this bar??

Dammit, I knew I shouldn't have been away for such a long time :P
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Holidays, summertime, other business... I am myself quite busy, I got the new job -> my schedule is filled,. ATM. I am kast time at my current/fomer workplace. It's 02.00 AM. (about), and I'm dead drunk.. So nothin good to be expected. I just think I do have to remove the games I have uploaded on my work server.... That means we could really uśe RYM's offer :)