The Hellish/Heavenish Bar

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Eric wrote: ????? You're are a mod there in the OGC (or whatever it's called now) so do something. Posting for points (snice that's the system there) is one thing, spam is another. The indepth forum has been over run by off topic stuff, which was clearly against the rules specific to there (at the time) so there's really no excuse for it.
Eric - there's no way to stop it entirely due to the points system. Though I have been taking some measures of late the current strategy is "under review" because some think I've been too harsh.

I wouldn't mind a few links to whichever threads have "run over" in in-depth. To be honest I thought eMTe had it taken care of.
"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - John Milton (Paradise Lost, Book I, lines 254-55)
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Hi Espenso,
Just tell them that you have so much love to give, that it has to be spread around some. ;)
The trick is to put on an innocent face (eyes wide open and sincere). Even if they don't accept the words...they will surely fall for your expression. :mrgreen:

Tinoco,
Sorry 'bout that, but if it's any consolation...I am spending 90% of my PC time on that damn game STILL!!!
And I don't see an end in sight yet because not only are there 4 campaigns + more to download...you can also play multi-player online too!
"There are two ways to live your life
One is as though nothing is a miracle
The other is as though everything is a miracle"
-Albert Einstein
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

Sorry to interrupt but feel free to visit our World Cup Bar!
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

Hey Ogre! I DO have much love to give, but maybe they're not the ones to get it :) Maybe I shouldn't worry so much. Probably nothing will happen.

And Tank, I'll be sure to drop by, even if Norway sucks sooo much, they can't even make it to the World Cup...

Anyway, a BIG cold beer after a long day at work would be nice!

:Cheers:
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
Tank

Post by Tank »

espenso84 wrote:And Tank, I'll be sure to drop by, even if Norway sucks sooo much, they can't even make it to the World Cup...
Germany too, but that's they're hosting it - to be qualified.... But don't tell anyone I said something like that :)

Cheers!
Enjoy your stay.
Tinoco

Post by Tinoco »

If OG is my "spiritual home", this place has become my ACTUAL home so to speak. I'm really liking the way things are developing we have a wonderful core community here, I sense it is the start of great things to come.
I hope so Parvini, people really look cheery here!
Mariesa, I am not impatient, I just stated that anyone caught not speaking portuguese in the 36 hours that followed my birthday wishes to Tinoco had to ship 3 crates of their national strongest beer to Tinoco, 2 to me and 1 one to other to portuguese speakeers in the same period (which means no one).
And you have my support on that, SG! Mariesa beer samples please ;)
Tinoco,
Sorry 'bout that, but if it's any consolation...I am spending 90% of my PC time on that damn game STILL!!!
And I don't see an end in sight yet because not only are there 4 campaigns + more to download...you can also play multi-player online too!
Yep I can understand! The game is really good, much better than many games on the Market, I must really find out the authors to congratulate them...

Humm... playing on-line... hum that kind of gives me some ideas, what about a CWF competition ;)

World Cup Bar! Hum let me check it out!
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

OMG!! I totally forgot...... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIESA!!!
:Birthday: :balloon: :Cheers:
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIESA.

And SG: It is a theater play that we are working really hard on making for them (where they act in) and some of them just didn't feel like rehearsing...

Don't have much time, but I can just say in general that a lot of the post written in here since I last wrote really warmed my heart. And eMTe, I think you can cut some of the M's out of the phase... I will tell you which ones on a later time..
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Whoops! Just in time! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARIESA!!!

/me brings in 5 meters high chocolate birthday cake, 1000 bottles of best wine and whole garden of flowers (ah, virtual world :mrgreen: )
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

It's about time you guys showed up!! :P What would mariesa think if no one was here to congatulate her on her birthday ;)

And yes, sometimes the virtual world can be quite impressive!

- Homer Simpson
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Happy birthday Mariesa!

*Railwaymodeler drives a freight train with a car of flowers and a tankcar of beer to the party, just to outdo eMTe*
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Tank

Post by Tank »

Don't worry, she received some grats in our lovely german bar :) I can assure you on that.
Enjoy your stay.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

But since that whole mixup with her hiding and changing her age so that (was it Kenobi) her BF didn't find out who she was, I am a bit confused. Is Mariesa turning 18 (BIG DAY THEN) or is she turning 20 (SECOND ROUND BIRTHDAY - BIG DAY TOO)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

She could be turning 500 in which case very big and record breaking birthday for her :p

Still many people are the same age, me and RM are now that his BD has passed...so changing it a few times may only confuse people into wondering how old and when the BirthDay is. But as that mess is out of the way

Happy birthday Mariesa sorry its a day late

:balloon:
Eric
Patron

Post by Eric »

Yep, a late Happy Birthday from me to. You're old now, over the hill even :P

Just teasing. :P

I never had any big birthday celebrations in my life - not even the traditional 21st - has anybody else? (or don't you remember it? :))
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

My 18th b-day was speant at home, I had planned to go out for my first legal drink, but things happen plans change :(

as for my 21st that was a big celebration, the sunday before I had a few friends and family around to my flat for a BBQ. then on the Monday me and my boyfriend flew to Paris and had a week in disneyland...I think that was a big celebration :D
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

:thanks: for all the grats, the choclate cake, wine, flowers, beer

PS: yes, it was my eigthteens and I felt as I were in a movie...
because as I went outside, I saw my absolute dream-car and it was mine :D :D :D (a real oldtimer: a red VW Käfer 1200 L )
-> It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

A belated Happy Birhtday to Mariesa!!!
Hope you had a fantastic day. :mrgreen:

Dizi,
Your new avatar is quite...hmm, how should I say this...prominent. ;)
I like it! :)
"There are two ways to live your life
One is as though nothing is a miracle
The other is as though everything is a miracle"
-Albert Einstein
Eric
Patron

Post by Eric »

Yeah I agree... pleasantly prominent in fact....

*cough*

*whistles casually*

8)
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Eric wrote:Yeah I agree... pleasantly prominent in fact....

*cough*

*whistles casually*

8)
Is it from a Hyentai game?
"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - John Milton (Paradise Lost, Book I, lines 254-55)