The Hellish/Heavenish Bar

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Unfortunatly, no, I don't own my apartment, but I do have a very understanding landlord. Still, I think that would be pushing it. :D

I've had people say they'd pay to see my current system, what with all the antique trains I run on it, sort of like a model museum. On top of that, I've been talking to the local bus line about getting not only the driver's seat out of one of the old buses they're junking, but maybe (If it's not already gone, like it might be) the farebox too. Maybe I'd put that farebox to good use for those coming to see the railway.

Actually, I do plan to use the driver's seat for my 'engineer's seat' for my model railway.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

total posts: 5982

I think there will be a big CWF-party tonight :D :D :D :D :D
-> It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

Howdy howdy people. It's been a couple of days since I was around here last. My internet connection isn't to good these days. And I'm going away for the weekend so I'll see you around later. Take care.

BTW; congrats to everyone who has had their b-days. CHEERS
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
Tinoco

Post by Tinoco »

Posted: Today at 11:18 am Post subject:

total posts: 5982

I think there will be a big CWF-party tonight
Total form post nearing 6000!!!! Abour time to open my statistics on the Drunkest members at CWF Hevean and Hell Bar! :p
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Oh my, oh my... ;)

This, ladies and gentlemen, is CWF's post number 6000! Congratiulations everyone! ;)

Let the party begin:

:balloon: :rockon: :coolbounce: :Givemebeer: :shots: :TGIF: :pepsi: :Bearhug: :pepsi: :TGIF: :shots: :Givemebeer: :coolbounce: :rockon: :balloon:

Free drinks for everybody - But only 'till midnight ;)

*Grabs a beer for himself..*

Cheers!
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

yeh free drinks that are paid for by chillum as he cannot claim true free drinks in this bar :p

so I will have all that vodka, and also all that coke too, that should keep me going for about an hour :p
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I would like to have a vodka with some 'Battery'. And an Long island ice tea, or make it double :D Oh.. I feel this post is quite pointless.. .But please forgive me, I just finished a project work I've been doing almost an year... 52 pages long detailed description of a measuring system I've made, with detailed errorestimations and stuff... I'm quite exhausted.
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

I would like to have a coffee with vanilla-ice-cream and a big yellow straw...

I hope you have such a nice sunday morning as I... the sun is shining and shining and shining
-> It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well, I finally got to CWF again after a week of 33 degrees Celsius in the shadow on the small Greek island of Poros, and it seems Ogre has gone amok, Finland has won the ESC, Chillum has gone back to beer, Rettie and Raillo had a birthday, and Zandy has one today CONGRATS, Raillo has made his railway bigger, Maz has finally finished his project, Espenso and Chill have been hit by connection and virus problems, Tinoco has moved indoors (with chill?) hell has frozen over, which explains why I always get cold feet whenever I am in this bar, and Dizi has started and stopped crying again...And who baked a lot of birthday cakes in the kitchen and didn't do the dishes Mariesa???

Well for what it is worth, there was 354 posts waiting for me when I entered after work today, and I was reading through them by using the new post feature, when my GF called and asked me if I could go sort the laundry and hang up the clean clothes to dry.... Well when I came back, my session has been renewed, which means that I now have to go through the entire forum manually to find new posts...
But so far it has been good reading. :D

Thanks for all the wishes of a good vacation people :D
I can tell you a bit about my vacation and maybe post some pics in my gallery when I have sorted them out...
We went to Poros, which is 375 meters of the peninsula of Pelleponos. The island is about 33 square kilometers, and has two roads. One circles the smaller island of Spheria, and the other goes across the bridge to the island of Kalavria and goes then from side to side of the southern coast of that island - Yes there is no inland roads on this island. There are donkey-tracks but I wouldn't use them if I was not riding a donkey (and I have heard that more people die from injuries caused by donkey-kicks than by planecrashes, so NO WAY I AM EVER GETTING NEAR A DONKEY AGAIN!)

Well we used two days to experience the wonderful ancient Greek sites. We rented a car on tuesday and went to Pelleponos, and saw King Agamemnons old fortress of Mykenae, which is just a huge place, with defendability like nothing I have ever seen. We also saw the Epidavros Theater which is known for its amazing acustic. People have tried recreating it ever since it was made, but it is not possible. I was sitting in the toprow (Which might compare to sitting in the middle part of the top-tribune on a great fottball stadium) and Tanja (my GF) was standing in the middle of the arena (middle of the field) and said with a whisper "Can you hear me" and I got that on camera - She goes through clear as a bell.
Then we went to Korinthos (propably know more as Corinth to you English speakers :D ) which I was very excited about seeing, since it was one of the ancient worlds most famous cities, in the class of Byzants, Jerusalem, Rome and such. Mildly speaking I was very disappointed to find an industrial city with nothing but slum and pollution, and a few tourist areas...
(We later found out that we had been in modern Corinth, which was build 6 kilometres from the Ancient Corinth..... :rolleyes: )
The following days was all about relaxing by the pool, and going to street/harborside cafees and enjoying life to the fullest. Did I mention that Greek is having the warmest month of May for 25 years :D.... We had 30-34 degrees... B-)
And Denmark is having 8-12 degrees and lots of rain atm.... :rolleyes:
On Saturday we moved on to Athens and experienced that with the full tour of the tourist attractions: The Temple of Zeus, The Marble Stadium and of course Acropolis with Parthenon.... Then we decided to walk around in Athens for a good 6-7 hours in 33 degrees...
Sunday we had to get up early to go to the airport and go home...
So generally we had a great trip. MEt alot of great people and talked alot of English...Tanja likes to leave that to me, but this time she actually jumped in and spoke with a lot of people.... I was proud to say the least!

And BTW while we were away, the board and occupants of this block of apartements decided to raise the value of the apartements, so our apartement is now worth just under half a million in Kroner
(1 Euro = 7Kroner)...It was worth just under 150.000 before.... :D
So now I am also going to the States in less than a month, since we decided that if the value would go up, we would go...
So NY here I come...

Quite a novel I wrote here, but I hope that everyone had as great a week as I did.

(And I finally got around to reading the Da Vinci Code, so now I can go read what Zandy and Chill have been discussing! I can truelly recommend it!)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

Welcome back, Chroelle-san! It sounds like you had an enjoyable (and well, profitable :mrgreen:) holiday trip. ^_^

I just saw the movie Da Vinci Code, and now I feel bad for not having read the book; loved the movie, and I'll surely acquire the book soon. I also bought six new manga books today: the first five books of Maison Ikkoku and the second volume of School Rumble. Fun. ^_^

Then... the big news. The military has granted me two and half years of postponement for the military service I was supposed to continue this September; I appealed for the postponing as it'd hurt my studies considerably, plus as I'd have to give up my lovely apartment in Tampere for the time. Finnish military can try again in 2009, and see if they get me then (most probably yeah, as I'll hopefully be graduating by summer '09)! ^o^

Other cool things happened as well, but them I'll keep to myself for the moment. ^_^

:balloon: :balloon:
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

keeping us waiting for more news Pitkin thats not very nice :p

Hi Chroelle :D, its great to have you back and I can't wait to see the pictures you have :D

I haven't read the Da vinci code, I have got it I just haven't had the chance to. Not really wanting to go see the movie I'll probably wait until its out to rent.

Back to pitkin again, its goo you were able to appeal you service in the military :D so you could finish your studies :D
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

Chroelle wrote:And who baked a lot of birthday cakes in the kitchen and didn't do the dishes Mariesa???
ooops :oops:
sorry sorax I can't bake, because chroelle ordered washing the dishes to me...
(nevertheless: :Birthday:)

and I thougt I could drink a little beer with him, while talking about his excelent holidays...

*mariesa goes guiltily and a little bit ashamedly in the kitchen

*and babbles: hope YOU 'll have fun the next 3 days :(
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Sounds like an awesome holiday Chroelle, glad to hear you had a good time...and congrats on your apartment value! :D

Pitkin,
Is the Finnish military compulsory for all citizens, or is it a family tradtition...? (sorry for prying, but I am a little curious)

Mariesa,
Just noticed Elwood Blues'/Dan Ackroyd's quote in your sig. I love that movie...it's one of my all time favorites! :mrgreen:
"There are two ways to live your life
One is as though nothing is a miracle
The other is as though everything is a miracle"
-Albert Einstein
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

oh yes.. it's a fantastc movie
Belushi and Akroyd are the best ;)
and next to the dialogs, the guest stars are amazing: Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Cab Calloway, Ray Charles, John Lee Hooker, Chaka Khan, Carrie Fisher, Frank Oz, Twiggy, Joe Walsh, John Candy, and Paul Reubens... some of the biggest musicians ever...

*and back to the kitchen :D
Ancsur2002
Patron

Post by Ancsur2002 »

I'll have my FINAL EXAM tomorrow, please cross fingers for me... I'm afraid to death
The Bible teaches you that thou shalt love thy neighbour. Kama Sutra teaches you how.

Hungarian Scorpio of the Forums
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

You'll manage that....

(its very difficult to type with crossed fingers :D :D :D)
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

Welcome back Chroelle! And congrats on the value increase :) And for you Ancsur, I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Well then, to clear out a little of why I've been away so much lately; there has been girls and girls and a family get-together. It started on Wednesday, (because we had a holiday on Thursday) when I met this girl (Hanna)l on a party. We stay together all the night and she ends up at my place. I really liked her and all that.
But on Friday I find out she already has a boyfriend and I decide to back off.
Later that night, I meet another girl (Hanne), who accidentally is Hannas friend, but of course I don't find out until the next morning when I wake up next to her...

That really starts a mess, but I have to get to Fagernes which is 300 kilometers away from Fredrikstad for a family-celebration. So when I get there I decide to take a trip out to the local pub just to clear my mind(or make it worse). But I end up talking to a girl, and the next thing I know, I'm sitting in a taxi with her, heading over to her place.....
The question is; am I bad person, or am I allowed to have some fun???
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

hmm let me think about this espenso, you are a hot blooded single young male. I would say have some from as long as you are careful both with the girls you choose and the activities you get up to :p

But more important you have to come back here more often, don't get those priorities of yours mixed up :p
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

Maybe you're right... But I really don't want to be seen as a "player". And yes, I will try to visit here more often, but it seems I've gotten Austin Powers MoJo ;) I've got things to do, girls to visit :p :p :p

- Homer Simpson
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

I think it's important that you are every time honest, but you should take care of her/their felings...
but if you didn't know that she a friend of her, you aren't a "...." (sorry I don't like to use bad words :D)... it's not your fault...
you are 21, you should have fun

nevertheless is dizi right by saying "come here more often" so:

:Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers: