The Hellish/Heavenish Bar

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Thanks Chill. Well, how does it feel to be 'grown up'? Did everything come clear and obvious after you became 'adult'? :D :D :D :D

And it seems I am not having too much of time in near future either :| Sorry peeps. And I have heard some alerting reports about the forum.. It sounds like it is cracking... Does it play up on you all guys?
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

It works like crap these days, to be honest. If I'm lucky, it'll work once or twice a day; the rest of the time it freezes up on me. If I wasn't a regular, I'd not be coming back any time soon...
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I had so many issues changing pages that I have to write this post to get to the last page...

But hey since I am here...
Can I get a cup of coffee, bottled breastmilk and some talk not regarding babies?
Sorry I haven't been here since wednesday, but we have been all over the place introducing Anna...

I hope everyone is doing great.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Chroelle wrote:But hey since I am here...
Can I get a cup of coffee, bottled breastmilk and some talk not regarding babies?
Sure, no problem! But I´ll give you a beer instead of the bottled breastmilk... :Cheers:

BTW: How´s the baby??? :mrgreen:

@Maz
Forum works crappy in fact. Every single post is hard work at the moment... :(
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Merry birthday, Gendo! I'm sure the other crew will give you fireworks and cake - I'll just give you broken English... :garfield: ...and Garfield!?
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

:cake: :dontfeedmods: :balloon: :birthday: Gendo.

And for this particular birthdaygreeting: :feedback: :kuku:

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Happy Birthday, Gendo!!! :Birthday:

:Cheers:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

:birthday: Bnag!

I hope you have a good 32nd.

How is everyone doing by the way. I am on my last few days of staying home with Anna and Tanja, since I start work again on monday. PAternity is really worth it. People tell me that the dad has no part in the first months... This must be people who have been sleeping in class. Of course you cant breast-feed but you can play, and comfort and lull her asleep, and generally do anything that the mom can. I took two extra weeks at home with her to really establish that connection between me and her. And they were well spent.
Alot of my friends only took the normal two weeks and are now sorry they didn't spent more time, as the kid only wants the mother, and she is the only one that can comfort them, and they just get the sh*tty house chores while the mom takes care of the baby.

Okay I am gonna ask a thought provoking question here:
How many of you are in a relationsship now where you plan to get kids? How many of you are in a relationsship where you haven't talked about it or do not agree? How many of you dont want kids at all?
(All legimate with me. Each person its own desires.)

--Mark Twain
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

I am in the second group. We haven't discussed about it yet, since we have other priorities at this time, but I believe in a couple of years we will begin the act of reproduction (in the right way this time :p)
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Since I'm not in a relationship, I can't say for sure... but, right now my feelings are that I don't want to put kids into the world at all. Honestly, I don't like this world of ours very much. Probably why I'm addicted to escapism.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

That was why I put the last remark down about it being ok with me (not that you need my approval :rolleyes:). A good deal of my friends actually feel the very same way. They dont feel like putting kids into the world, as long as the world is as it is. I can understand the view.

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

But maybe the world would be a better place if there were more children...

Right now I´m not in a relationship. But I can tell you I really want children for sure. Hope I find the right girl for that any time soon.
Pager

Post by Pager »

I'm in the same boat as P A.

I could take it a step further and think the world should be run by kids...they sure as heck couldn't do any worse a job than our current world leaders...and our drinking water would somehow taste like candy :lol:
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

The problem with even more children is that you have to kill off a significant number of them; otherwise you'll end up with even more adults, who'll compound our problems even further. The way our world is, many of them will of course die before reaching maturity anyway.

I'm half joking, but only half. I fail to see how our world becomes a better place by further overpopulating it... Which is not to say that procreation isn't fun! And I'm sorry if my gloomy mood is contagious. I'm somewhat prone to that sometimes, like right now. Of course children are wonderful. It's just that the larger picture isn't. At least not to me. Sometimes that's a little overwhelming.

Bah! Drinks! And keep them coming!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

As I said, this was a thought provoking question as it does have pros and cons. I fully understand you Scythe!

And I wish the best of luck to Pager and PA :D

It is weekend after all so I'm with Scythe regarding the drinks. Bartend?

--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Lol, I can finally browse CWF again!

Last days were awful except Sunday which wasnt awful - CWF didnt exist to me at all. 150 tries, 150 blank pages. Anyone has the same problems? :?
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Yep. Both me and Scythe did. I wrote about it in the bug-report thread.

How is life treating you, other than that?

--Mark Twain
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

Chroelle wrote:Okay I am gonna ask a thought provoking question here:
How many of you are in a relationsship now where you plan to get kids? How many of you are in a relationsship where you haven't talked about it or do not agree? How many of you dont want kids at all?
(All legimate with me. Each person its own desires.)
I've personally wanted to have a child, daughter more specifically, for many years. While it doesn't look like I'd ever get to have children of my own, I'm hopeful that within the next 20 years it'd become possible for me to adopt a baby and give him/her a good home. Not being in a relationship, though, I don't feel it'd be a an urgent matter before I turn 35 at least.
PraetorScylla
Prospect

Post by PraetorScylla »

Hello all.

Still aliv,e still avatarless.

Quite busy with school atm . . . enterprise fair, prize exams, (two of which i've placed in the finals, so far), and real lfie . . . .

I'm teachign myself to draw the OG comic dizi-style . . . and succeeding! Unfortunatly, i won't be using it for the comic . . . but thats a secret for another time.

I'll be back on, and active . . . . . soemtime form now.
^_^
Got this forum working for me, finally!
Thank you Chroelle!

Only been trying for . . . . more then a year, maybe?

If I become inactive, you may be able to find me on www.war-facts.com (player id: 9512 or 9779) or on the war-facts server for CF+
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am actually considering teaching myself to draw when I am done learning PHP. This would also be to make a webcomic later on. I really do look up to the guys that can do stuff like that. I dont even know how to start.

--Mark Twain