The Hellish/Heavenish Bar

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

I must leave you now boys and girls...

I will be back on Wednesday. :)

I wish you all Merry Christmas!!!!!! :D
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
SGSW
Warhero
Location: On my way to hell or heaven whatever seems best at the moment

Post by SGSW »

Spanek. An oldtimer like you should know the rules.

Try not to double post and take the first bottle of red wine to your Christmas' dinners.

And I'm glad you found this site. Have you checked Blackdiam?
http://www.vinylplastik.com/ - Wall Graphic Interiors - decoration - ships worldwide, AFAIK and it's run by someone I know.

htpp://www.lulu.com/ - Self-Publishing site

If you want a place to stay in Lisbon, staying for more than 3 days (excluding the yoth hostel) and are afraid to leave the girls with me try this http://lisbonsteps.blogspot.com/
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

I´m also leaving for some days and will return on January 3rd. So I wish everybody a merry christmas and a happy new year! I´m looking forward to see you all in 2007!
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Happy Holidays to everyone!

I will leave coding till the January... I certainly feel I have deserved a break. 8 hours / day and occasionally few hours at night are making me to lose my last pieces of sanity...

And Alfie & others, enjoy your breaks, you have certainly deserved them :)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

If you had been on a few hours before then I was sitting in the same fashion yesterday :D
I think we just crossed paths, as we did meet, but then I had to go. I had been reading through lots of stuff on the forum that was written ages ago just to keep myself busy...
I had a lot of printing and burning to do, so it was mostly waiting time for me, with the occassional push of a print button and switching cd's...
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

Enjoy the holidays, people. I'll be here a couple times today in my breaks at work. At least I'll be home early in the evening, then it's time to get some cooking done. Hope you get to spend your night with your families. :)
Prideth
Patron

Post by Prideth »

Making one of my rare these days visits to say...

Happy Christmas everyone :).

Found this poem tonight, so figured I'd share. It certainly made me laugh.

A Politically Correct Christmas Poem

'Twas the night before Christmas and Santa's a wreck...
How to live in a world that's politically correct?
His workers no longer would answer to "Elves",
"Vertically Challenged" they were calling themselves.
And labor conditions at the north pole
Were alleged by the union to stifle the soul.
Four reindeer had vanished, without much propriety,
Released to the wilds by the Humane Society.
And equal employment had made it quite clear
That Santa had better not use just reindeer.
So Dancer and Donner, Comet and Cupid,
Were replaced with 4 pigs, and you know that looked stupid!
The runners had been removed from his sleigh;
The ruts were termed dangerous by the E.P.A.
And people had started to call for the cops
When they heard sled noises on their rooftops.
Secondhand smoke from his pipe had his workers quite frightened.
His fur trimmed red suit was called "Unenlightened."
And to show you the strangeness of life's ebbs and flows,
Rudolf was suing over unauthorized use of his nose

And had gone on Geraldo, in front of the nation,
Demanding millions in overdue compensation.
So, half of the reindeer were gone; and his wife,
Who suddenly said she'd enough of this life,
Joined a self-help group, packed, and left in a whiz,
Demanding from now on her title was Ms.
And as for the gifts, why, he'd ne'er had a notion
That making a choice could cause so much commotion.
Nothing of leather, nothing of fur,
Which meant nothing for him. And nothing for her.
Nothing that might be construed to pollute.
Nothing to aim. Nothing to shoot.
Nothing that clamored or made lots of noise.
Nothing for just girls. Or just for the boys.
Nothing that claimed to be gender specific.
Nothing that's warlike or non-pacific.
No candy or sweets...they were bad for the tooth.
Nothing that seemed to embellish a truth.

And fairy tales, while not yet forbidden,
Were like Ken and Barbie, better off hidden.
For they raised the hackles of those psychological
Who claimed the only good gift was one ecological.
No baseball, no football...someone could get hurt;
Besides, playing sports exposed kids to dirt.
Dolls were said to be sexist, and should be passé;
And Nintendo would rot your entire brain away.
So Santa just stood there, disheveled, perplexed;
He just could not figure out what to do next.
He tried to be merry, tried to be gay,
But you've got to be careful with that word today.
His sack was quite empty, limp to the ground;
Nothing fully acceptable was to be found.
Something special was needed, a gift that he might
Give to all without angering the left or the right.
A gift that would satisfy, with no indecision,
Each group of people, every religion;
Every ethnicity, every hue,
Everyone, everywhere...even you.
So here is that gift, it's price beyond worth...
"May you and your loved ones enjoy peace on earth."

Harvey Ehrlich, 1992
[size=75][color=darkblue]Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket
Never let it fade away
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket
Save it for a rainy day[/color][/size]
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Prideth wrote: And Nintendo would rot your entire brain away.
Quoted for truth. :p
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Brilliant X-mas poem. HAd me laugh a few times...

A merry X-mas to all as I already wrote in the email from CWF.

I am sitting here with the new cordless keyboard and mouse that my GF got me. It is simply BEAUTIFUL!

And I hope that your X-mass was ok Scythe. Hope you get off from work soon, so you can at least spend some time during X-mass with your family and loved ones.

--Mark Twain
Eric
Patron

Post by Eric »

Seasons Greeting to all.

Take care and have a great X-mas :)

Cheers!
:balloon::balloon: A proud propieter and advocate of tyranny :balloon::balloon:
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

As it is now the 25th here, I might as well wish you all a great day, where ever you are and what ever you believe :balloon:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Funny story regarding that:

In Denmark such a big part of the population is plain Christian (Protestants) that you never stop to think if people are anything else, except for muslims.
During the last month, I have been screwing up twice...
First I insisted on that I had my confirmation (churchly ceremony) along with one of my friends. She kept telling me that if I thought hard about that I might come to the conclusion that we didn't. I kept insisting! Well then she told me that she is Catholic.... She never had a confirmation....DOH!

Then we spent quite a lot of money sending some Danish groceries to our relatives in the states, along with a big note wishing them a very merry X-mas, and we hoped they would have a great evening along with loved-ones. A few days later my GF is watching Sex and the city, and Chralotte is talking with her husbnad. Suddenly my GF clearly remembers something...She looks up and asks me:
How jewish do you think our relatives are?
DOH!

Did everyone get good presents? I surely did. I got a brand new cordless Logitech keyboard and mouse-set from my GF. The keyboard is simply an amazing design-quality. We also got a lot of presents that have thoughts on our family-increasement. We got a Handycam, and a blender for babyfood, and I got Black Hawk Down on DVD, and a book by Jasper Fforde (Read him!). GF also got me a HUB with 4 USB-ports, but she got that before I told her I was buying a new PC, so they might have to go back.

I wish you all a good day as well, and I know that I got two more days of Christmas before it is back to building up the apartement.

--Mark Twain
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Well, my Christmas was sad and all alone. :( Got home, made my lovely dinner, opened my incredibly sucky presents (that's ok, the ones I sent out were sucky too ;) ), fiddled with the computer, saw a couple of movies and went to bed. Today, it's back to work, yay! Nah, it's not all that bad. I'm not that big on the large family gatherings, but this was actually my first Christmas spent alone. Well, since my job usually demands that I work either Christmas or New Year, I have the New Year off. :p So it's Party this year!
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY! I'll probably be going over to my parents' later (They only live about 20 minutes away), and spending the evening with my GF. Got her something nice, but I won't say what it is yet...

Technically, as per my family's tradition, we opened presents last night, my sister got me a new Frank Sinatra CD set, I gave her an iMac that she's been wanting for a long time. Not one of the new ones with the flat screen, the earlier one, which is the one she likes. Put a Combo Drive in, a 40 GB HD, and OSX for her.

Got my dad a new pair of shoes, he's complained that mom gets a new pair every month and that his were wearing out.

As for mom, well, got her some perfume. Nothing fancy, just something she can use for formal events.

Dad got me two new fedora hats that I like to wear with my suits to work. One black and one grey. Very nice hats, they are.

Again, Merry Chistmas, Everybody!
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Gendo
Prospect

Post by Gendo »

I think this my quietest Christmas day I can remember. Present giving was minimal, the food was adequate (instead of over-indulgent), and generally nothing good or bad of note happened all day. Perfectly forgettable. I loved it :p
Getting through life is as easy as 3.14159265...
Eric
Patron

Post by Eric »

Hmm, me too. I've done little but sit in infront of the computer for the last few days. Well, I have pottered around in the shed tidying the place up a little and doing a few small things but generally just enjoying some quiet time and goofing off :)

I've started another game of Fallout 2, playing Scarface again.

For xmas presents I chose most of them and Cal (gf) and MIL (mother in law) got them for me: I got series 5-8 of Red Dwarf and a pack of 3 Mothy Python movies. I didn't realize Red Dwarf continued after series 6 - and going by the new episodes, it shouldn't have... it just doesn't have the same zing and truly funny moments of the earlier series (remember Rimmer and Mr Flibble?).

I've never seen Monty Pythons The Holy Grail before - and I suspect I'm gonna be disappointed since taste in humour changes over time. To remedy this, I will have a few drinks before watching it.... ;) :D

There's a few other odds and sods I got too - like a new electric razor. The old one got run over by the car. No, don't ask.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

We always open our presents on the 24th. Its the tradition over here.

The holy Grail will not disappoint you if you make sure you are in a rather silly mood, but I do suspect that it could disappoint you if you are not.

We had Christmas lunch (well from 1 AM to 8 AM) yesterday at my moms, and today it is at my dads, so we are looking at the fourth day of christmas (my truelove gave to me). I am somewhat looking forward to tomorrow.
My GF got the sentence friday that her pelvis loosened (not a good thing), so she can hardly walk, and being pregnant is not so fun at the moment. She is allowed to walk a max of half an hour every day. If it gets worth she will be told to lie down for the remainder of the pregnancy. And since that is in end March it might not be so funny.... About a month ago she told one of her relatives that she had been suffering from all pregnancy related things except pelvic loosening (I think it must be called), and I told her to knock under the table (superstition)(Knock on wood I think you say in the states) and she looked at me and laughed. Of course she was not going to get hit by that, we had been through so much, so addding that to the list would simply be cruel....
So it seems that God still has a little of that vengefull mean streak that he always showed in the early years....:rolleyes:

--Mark Twain
SGSW
Warhero
Location: On my way to hell or heaven whatever seems best at the moment

Post by SGSW »

My several Xmas (this year were 5 meals, plus one last week and several more this week to finish the leftovers) have left me so fat, that I'm going on a nearly hunger-strike till I fit on my trousers again.

This means that I'll tell you about my presents indetail as soon as my brain gets some nourishment to start working properly again
http://www.vinylplastik.com/ - Wall Graphic Interiors - decoration - ships worldwide, AFAIK and it's run by someone I know.

htpp://www.lulu.com/ - Self-Publishing site

If you want a place to stay in Lisbon, staying for more than 3 days (excluding the yoth hostel) and are afraid to leave the girls with me try this http://lisbonsteps.blogspot.com/
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

You eat with your brain?! :shock: Spooky... :p At least I saved myself the huge Christmas meals this year.
Eric
Patron

Post by Eric »

Chroelle wrote:The holy Grail will not disappoint you if you make sure you are in a rather silly mood, but I do suspect that it could disappoint you if you are not.
You're quite right - I left my brain at the door and had a few chuckles. :)

*neep*