The Hellish/Heavenish Bar

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Pitkin wrote:the Homeless status fits me very well at the moment; renovation at my apartment has forced me to spend as much time as possible outside of the house... wish to get back to normal state of things in 8-10 weeks. :D
That means... You have to sleep outside?

/me checks weather forecasts for Finland

/me gives Pitkin a container of warm beer

My first visit in THIS bar, can I get Warka Strong here? 8)

I always use 8) smilie instead of :) and :D when I have to express laughter, these default smilies are...erm...they are default, no doubt...that's how you smile to your worst enemy ---> :)
FogToo
Warhero

Post by FogToo »

Chroelle >> Thank god for bookmarks ;)
eMTe I have the same feeling that :) looks evil.. But sometimes you need an evil smiley, and then we know where to get it :)
give me a beer, just any beer, to celebrate that the weekend has started:D
[size=84][color=red]War does not determine who is right. War determines who is left.
Praeterea censeo Carthaginem esse delendam! - Cato
There are 10 types of people in the world: "Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Det er latterligt at påstå, at computerspil påvirker børn.
Hvis f.eks. Pac-Man havde påvirket børn født i 80'erne, så ville vi i dag have en masse unge, rendende rundt i mørke rum og spise piller, mens de lytter til monoton og ensformigt musik.[/color][/size]
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

eMTe wrote:That means... You have to sleep outside?
Nope, I can sleep at home perfectly well (so far, at least), but there's not much to really do as I had to rid myself of the computer, VCR, DVD player, furniture, utensils, etc. so they wouldn't get damaged during the renovation. ^^;
I always use 8) smilie instead of :) and :D when I have to express laughter, these default smilies are...erm...they are default, no doubt...that's how you smile to your worst enemy ---> :)
You're right, eMTe-san; those two default 'laugh/smile' smilies are so malevolent. But I never wear sunglasses. :P
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I thought it was always shine in Tripolitania 8)
Well smilie wishes thread is in the feedback forums. Got suggest others. I don't like these smilies particularly well either. They look too mean. It's impossible to not suggest ironi when using them.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

Chroelle wrote:I thought it was always shine in Tripolitania 8)
Oh, there're also rainy days in Tripolitania... warm, friendly summer rains that make our land even more fertile than it already is. :roll:

Didn't dare attaching too many smilies in the suggestions thread, since I cannot zip them into a pack right now... not like smilies were that important, just that some are almost too cool to be ignored. ^^;
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well its great if you can supply some good smilies. We have decided early on that we wanted smilies, but just not in the hundreds, but as you see, that leaves some space...:D

--Mark Twain
Tinoco

Post by Tinoco »

:cool: Way to go Pitkin love some good smilies :Clap:

Pitty there isn't my alltimefavourite... the famous ;slurp one ;) :morebeer: :beersong:
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Hi all!

Give me some good strong beer that Chrolle would drink Dizi... something to put hairs on the chest.

So what is the deal here - are there games to download too?
"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - John Milton (Paradise Lost, Book I, lines 254-55)
Ancsur2002
Patron

Post by Ancsur2002 »

Chroelle wrote:I actually think there is another thing that interferes... Ancsur is your screen resolution 800x600 by any chance? Mine is and I have to scroll sideways to read long posts.
But i've gotten used to it though. I might change my resolution if it begins to bother me though :D

BTW: I'll see if I can change the settings in Schmidters sig.... If Mohammed wont come to the mountain then I gotta move my big a** of the seat and lift it to him...

EDIT: Didn't succeed. But I got his sig shortened :D
No, my resolution is way bigger than that...
So is it caused by a sig? interesting... :)
The Bible teaches you that thou shalt love thy neighbour. Kama Sutra teaches you how.

Hungarian Scorpio of the Forums
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

/me joins the bar..

Hello peoples! Good to see so many new people! :D 20+ new members since yesterday :D

*Grabs a beer...*

Cheers!
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Pitty there isn't my alltimefavourite... the famous ;slurp one
Feel free to submit smilies :D
Give me some good strong beer that Chrolle would drink Dizi... something to put hairs on the chest.
Again I will make people aware that there is now an extra letter in my username. ChroElle. It is because the OE makes the Danish Ø. Tinoco did a similar typo. But I think it will just be a matter of adjusting to it.
are there games to download too?
The idea is to make a site on Quality Freeware and there will be games for download (only good ones)...
So far only one is available. Trackmania nations. But we are working on making the download side even better and hopefully bigger. So far the discussion is pretty much about money and how to cover expenses. A bigger HP means bigger expenses.

--Mark Twain
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Can a make a request the Chroelle?

River City Ransom for the NES!!!!

EDIT: Oh please, please, please, please, pleeeeeaaaaaase can be help to choose games for the site?! Or at least be part of a game choosing panel... :cry:

It's as if my entire 15 years+ gaming career has all been leading to this one moment... this one defining point... oh please Chroelle... let Parvini, gaming aesthete extraordinarre, be on your panel!
"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - John Milton (Paradise Lost, Book I, lines 254-55)
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

You can join gamehunting squad I think... Dont know if it's an official job though, but dont hesitate to make your proposals HERE .

And Warka :Cheers: Strong for me. What's up today, people? :) (a friendly smile)
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

wow people :D

I have had quite a good couple of days, my friend came up for a visit, he has left to go see other people but it was fun to have him here for a couple of days :D
Ancsur2002
Patron

Post by Ancsur2002 »

Gets an empty glass and fills it with water. Yummy :)
The Bible teaches you that thou shalt love thy neighbour. Kama Sutra teaches you how.

Hungarian Scorpio of the Forums
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

*Enters the bar*

Hello folks! A beer for me!

*Drinks some beer...*

*Drinks some more...*

*Orders a new beer*

*Drinks some beer...*

And so on...

Cheers! :TGIF:
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

ohh dear chillum you seem to be having quite a bit to drink there...although you do seem to be a very good singer :D
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

New forum, new bar, new weekend...

...looks like the only thing old here is me! ;)

Ogre glances at his age. *shudder*

Oh well, at least the venerable Baldie and Prideth are here too. Makes me feel a bit better. ;););)

A bourbon please. :D

...and I really like the Zodiac symbols! What a great idea!

Dizi and Ancsur are both pigs too, so I am in good company. (it's a good thing being a pig...trust me) :D
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I have to live with the most annoying zodiac's. Both chinese and otherwise.
I am a virgin (Virgo) and a horsey....
What happened to being a Bull and a dragon or something. (BTW: Do females born in the year of the dragon, get offended if you call them dragon?)

--Mark Twain
Prideth
Patron

Post by Prideth »

Nope, we don't, or this one doesn't anyway :).

I'm quite proud of my fishes and dragon. Makes all those buttons go together in different shades of pink and blue.

Bundy time, then I'm going back to the blog I just started. Haven't a clue how to use them, or what to put in them, but like the idea. Maybe I can do some stories and post them. I'll have to think about it a bit. Can put a link to here too if thats ok.
[size=75][color=darkblue]Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket
Never let it fade away
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket
Save it for a rainy day[/color][/size]