Internet Explorer 7.0

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Parvini
Tycoon

Internet Explorer 7.0

Post by Parvini »

I recently upgraded to IE7.0 - I quite like the tags, streamlined layout and, most of all, how seemingly all text has the appearance of a nicely rounded Verdana font.

However, my girlfriend, absolutely HATES it - she REALLY REALLY hates it. She's been asking me to change it back all week.

So - do you have IE 7.0 and what do you think of it?
"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - John Milton (Paradise Lost, Book I, lines 254-55)
moshboy

Post by moshboy »

I don't use IE - haven't for years and never plan to go back to it. Firefox 2 works for me just fine.
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

Same as moshboy-san. Firefox has worked so well ever since I first installed it that I see absolutely no reason to try out the IE7.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Now seriously, Firefox 1.5 series is much better than Firefox 2. I think they really jumped the shark with the new one.

Me? Safari.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Eric
Patron

Post by Eric »

I also prefer 1.5 over 2.0 as far as Firefox is concerned. I became used to the streamlined way in which it all functioned (doesn't like PDF files though but has steadly improved) and so 2.0 seems a step backwards for me.

I haven't used IE since Win 95. Looks like it only took 10 years for it to catch up with what real browsers have been doing for ages.... ;)
:balloon::balloon: A proud propieter and advocate of tyranny :balloon::balloon:
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Looks like this thread is turning into "I dont use IE at all" one... It makes me even more curious of how new IE looks...

And btw, I havent used IE since...erm...since I installed FF for the first time. :P
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

I've started using IE again, after using Firefox on my old comp. The new one came with IE and I just haven't bothered switching. But not 7.0 since I would have to bother to do something to get that. :p
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

By the way. I've switched to Firefox 2.0 after IE7.0 wouldn't load about 6 or 7 out of every 10 pages I tried to open. I had to keep renewing it.

Firefox seems faster, I like the lay out, I like almost everything.

Only thing I harbour for, is IE 6.0's favourites box.
"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - John Milton (Paradise Lost, Book I, lines 254-55)
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

Hm... IE7 you say?? I think Firefox-wannabe would be more like it... :p

I use both of them, but mostly Firefox.
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

I use IE7 and I'm quite happy with it.
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

No. My Windows does not even boot anymore . No wonder knowing the company behind it... :brainfarts:

So Firefox is my main browser, but I occasionally also use konqueror and even lynx. :roll:
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

I "accidentally" loaded IE7.0 on my work computer against the will of the LAN Admins...and also didn't tell them at first...but now I'm sort of stuck in the "testing" phase for them.

I must say I like it. Except the fact that I couldn't find my favourites for the first 20 minutes or so...but the thing I absolutely like is the clarity option. Especially for my widescreen Laptop. I always found things harder to read when stretched, but the IE7.0 clarity option helped tremendously.

I've never been a fan of tabs...which is why I don't use firefox.
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Unfortunately, I've installed IE7... I don't like it... It reminds me of Firefox, which I don't like... Hehe... This might be safer than IE6, but I don't like the design, and since I've used IE6 for so long, I don't wanna have another browser ATM.. But I'm not quite sure how to switch back :/
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!