School - was it worth it?

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

School - was it worth it?

Post by eMTe »

Just another topic on a forgotten forum doomed to oblivion.

http://www.lemonamiga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14426

This time it's not my idea, but Lemon Amiga has lifeschool, who shares the very rare gift of inciting interesting debates.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Re: School - was it worth it?

Post by Zyx »

I think it's just one tiny aspect of school that we learn whatever the powers that be have determined is the baseline about the surrounding world. The bigger thing are the tools and mindset to continue that on our own and solve whatever problems we might face.

Yet, with the ability of accessing all the world's information and knowledge through a simple Google search and the rising anti-science attitudes and beliefs in pseudosciences would indicate things have gone horribly wrong at some point.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Re: School - was it worth it?

Post by eMTe »

I strongly disagree with the antiscience attitude argument.

Imo, it has been incorrectly assumed by the so called intellectual Enlightment elites that humankind will gravitate towards ultimate truths achieved on the ground of at least common sense explanations and perfectly sound logical truths.

Check my Orwell link, Kari. Humans by their very nature need sex, violence, deception. No matter how healthy you are in mental dept biology calls you every now and then.

The antiscience shift isnt about getting stupid, its about getting or confirming human. Or preserving human, like PiS party would say.

Whether its right or wrong is a fake issue imo.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)