The League's CWF HQ

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Parvini
Tycoon

The League's CWF HQ

Post by Parvini »

Dear all,

The time has come to establish a base for The League in this here land of CWF. "The League" is an organization committed to democracy and freedom of speech and, where necessary, battling the State authorities who would trample on our liberty.

If you would like to join "The League", please post here now!

Sincerely,

Parvini

Chairman of "The League"
"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - John Milton (Paradise Lost, Book I, lines 254-55)
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Ooh... can I be Dorian Gray? Oh, not _that_ league...

I'm not so sure how you were planning on battling State authorities unless you mean nutjobs who agree with repressive laws and ideas that seem to go around in this "post-9/11" time (so, it's been almost a month again) on these forums.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

*** BUUURP!!! ***

This is the proper league I presume? Or have I misplaced my post...? :roll:

Freedom of speech, well, I'm 100% sure I entered the right door! :D
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

:balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

I think thats all I have to say on the matter of the league being here...oh wait no its not...

[marq=right]:balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:[/marq]
[marq=left]
:balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:[/marq]
[marq=right]:balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:[/marq]

freedom of speech is a great thing....teehee I can be such an evil mod some times.

(for those of you who don't understand check out the league policies on the oldgames.nu forum)
Zandrav Ibistenn
Patron

Post by Zandrav Ibistenn »

Heartily welcome to The League, its members and chairman.
Dizi wrote:freedom of speech is a great thing....
Oh the transparent irony. The real, much less innocent Dizi is exposed in the quote below:
Dizi wrote:I believe in freedom of choice (not speech but choice)
:!: ...
This green-balloon provocation could very well be part in what could fittingly be called "Dizi's campaign against freedom of speech". To the not quite casual observer this could equally so be called "Dizi's campaign against freedom", since that is just an extension of the original desire - the desire to control people's thoughts.
Truly frightening. The League would be wise to monitor the aspiring dictator and thwart any attempt at tightening the vice on the (free) puplic discourse.
Man's fault lies in his propensity towards willingly doing what feels good and his procrastinating reluctance to doing what is immediately uncomfortable but good.

Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law.
- Immanuel Kant

Custodian of the Symposium.

[b]Error Tracking[/b]: Let's begin at the amygdala...
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

yup sarcasm is all I could handle when I saw that the leauge at its phony claims of freedom leaking onto this forum...my hopes that everyone would just get along and allow freedom of expression and choice squashed at the sight of this thread.

But hey if I do turn into a dictator at least I can delete this and the SOSM threads and promote my own view of freedom :p
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

:balloon:

How about equality? What types of equality matter? ^__^

:balloon:

Is there anything else essential aside green balloons the League wants to seize and eliminate?

Tripolitanians want to know. ^_^
Zandrav Ibistenn
Patron

Post by Zandrav Ibistenn »

Pitkin wrote:How about equality?
:twisted:
Bahh. The virtue of the weak.
:twisted:

The currently stated ideals of The League in this thread bring with them all the equality that is worth aspiring for.
Man's fault lies in his propensity towards willingly doing what feels good and his procrastinating reluctance to doing what is immediately uncomfortable but good.

Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law.
- Immanuel Kant

Custodian of the Symposium.

[b]Error Tracking[/b]: Let's begin at the amygdala...
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

A spectre is haunting CWF — the spectre of intellectualism. All the powers of old OG have entered into a holy alliance to exorcise this spectre: moderator and supermoderator, gamehunters and validators, bar-maids and administrators.

Where is the party in opposition that has not been decried as intellectualistic by its opponents in power? Where is the opposition that has not hurled back the branding reproach of intellectualism, against the more advanced opposition parties, as well as against its reactionary adversaries?

Two things result from this fact:

I. Intellectualism is already acknowledged by all old OG powers to be itself a power.

II. It is high time that Intellectuals should openly, in the face of the whole world, publish their views, their aims, their tendencies, and meet this nursery tale of the Spectre of Intellectualism with a manifesto of the party itself.

To this end, Intellectuals of various nationalities have assembled in CWF Marketplace and sketched the following manifesto, to be published in the English, French, German, Italian, Flemish and Danish languages.

-------------

The League in the face of this political dynamic must define its own position. Thus far we have been fairly open in supporting the main Intellectual party in its opposition of Green Balloons, albeit for different reasons and motives.

However, what of Zandrev Ibisten's critique of CWF offered in May-July of 2006 and the coutner-offence mounted by the powers of old OG? Do his criticisms still stand? Has there been any improvement? And where does the League stand in relation to these criticisms in the present politcal climate?

A brief survey of "The Symposium" will reveal a fairly active philospihcal discourse, however - further analysis uncovers the fact that most of this lively debate ended on 20th July 2006 - the last time SOSW member MisterGreen was to be found in CWF. Of what remains Zandrev Ibisten dominates discussion with only Eric, Chroelle and kualle offering any real challenge.

It is possible to conclude from this that Intellectual activity is not necessarily being stifled by the "bar culture" that exists in CWF and nor is it being trampled on by the old OG powers. Rather, it is being halted by a lack of numbers in CWF. Whilst OG was a swarming megalopolis, CWF remains at best a burgeoning hamlet.

The League has noted, for example, that it has gained less than 20 citizens in over 6 months. And this is the part of Ibisten's critique that still stands: CWF needs more people!

The League recognises that it is more important to have 100 dedicated lively members forming the core of any social network than 20,000 dormant users but it also realises that without a certain flow of new members social networks themselves face the threat of stagnantion.

To this end, The League supports a rigourous propaganda campaign to aid the flourishing of CWF and (with the further long term aim) of bolstering its own ranks.

As a sub-agenda, The League will also seek to recruit CWF citizens moshboy, kualle and Eric in the coming months.

For Freedom and Liberty,

Ivan Rip
"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - John Milton (Paradise Lost, Book I, lines 254-55)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well, CWF would appreciate all help it can get in getting more members to the site. I have been running up and down the internet, trying to find decent places to advertise the site...
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Dearest Chroelle,

I have no idea if it will remain on there but "The League" has attempted to infultrate wikipedia. See the following link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldgames.nu

Also check my own actions in the relevent thread.

Yours,

Ivan Rip
Eric
Patron

Post by Eric »

I think I'll pass for now for being recruited into the Axis of Evil, thank you.

Unless we get to wear silly hats.
:balloon::balloon: A proud propieter and advocate of tyranny :balloon::balloon:
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Wait till you see my Xmas avatar!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

BTW: Seems that the topic of oldgames.nu is going to be deleted... Or am I misunderstanding something?
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain