Are you in any way making money off the internet?

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Are you in any way making money off the internet?

Post by Chroelle »

There are so many offers to make money online that it is hard to tell the fake ones from the real ones.

What do you make them by:

1. Advertising
2. Selling your product/services through a webpage
3. Getting money for surfing by some add company.
4. Something else.

Let us know. This way we can all join in the fun, and most times refering gives you credit.

I myself (try to) make money by making webpages for people who do not have one, nor the skill to create one. My target customer is a single person company, or a private individual with a hobby they want to expose.
So far I have had chefs, designers in both clothes and jewellery and a therapist interested in my services. There will be no problem in growing bigger with more clients in this industry as all you have to do is find your niche.
Mine is "cheap and personal". This makes me money (sometimes).
Do you make any online?
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

The only thing I do is selling old discs, books, videogames I don't need anymore via Amazon or ebay, but I think it's not exactly what you wanted to hear...? Just in case someone wants to know more:
Amazon doesn't take anything for putting the things online and you can determine the price at anytime. It's more comfortable than ebay but Amazon's fees for sold products are higher than ebay's.
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

As many here know, I have my own computer sales site, but I use it more as a sales aide than an online marketplace. I have an exact replica, synched every update, on my laptop, and I carry it around on the bus and train and when someone expresses an interest in a computer, I just load IE and point to the pages on my local machine.

I also do website sales to small to midsize businesses with a product brokerage firm called Market America. I am working, with a partner, on the contract for a pizzeria in Chicago, a funeral home downstate, and a trucking firm on the southwest side.

I'm also very active on eBay. Yes, it's a pay to play system, but if you don't pay, you can't win.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
moshboy

Post by moshboy »

Making money off the internet has always fascinated me so I have actually tried many offers and know which ones pay out and which ones don't.

For example there is a large network which will distribute ads in your e-mail to click on and you get 4 or 5 centre per click (with a pay threshold of something like $5 or sometimes $50). It is a slow way of making money (in fact not really worth it).

Then there is the survey community. Various companies offer money for completion of surveys. This isn't a total ripoff actually.. I completed a few and the money varied from survey to survey.. some I got $5 for others I got $20 and others offered things like DVDs, etc. Ofcourse there are many surveys that I was not eligible for though.

Then I became a reviewer for a freeware site called Acid-Play. The pay there was based on how many reviews were submitted, how many hits your reviews received when they were published and how many user reviews were checked and corrected for publication. I managed to get my pay up around the $400 AU mark per month, after completing around 40 reviews and checking numerous user reviews. Unfortunately, as much as I enjoyed this I get little time for it anymore (although my name is still registered there so I could pick it back up at anytime).

Then, ofcourse, there is my site - Planet Freeplay. Currently I get $30 - $40 a month from it. That is without a proper affiliate program mind you but there are plans for this in the future sometime.

I have tried various other things as well but those listed above are my most successful to date.