Which Program do you use when playing music?

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Chillum
Legend

Which Program do you use when playing music?

Post by Chillum »

Hello!

I don't really know which program I shall use for music playing.. I have almost always used Winamp, but I would like to know if there are much better players than that :p I've also tried Media Player, iTunes and Musicmatch Jukebox...

Therefore, I hope that you can give me some ideas.. :D

- Which program(s) do you use?
- Whats good about that?
- Is it free?
- Where can I get it?
- What's the bad sides?
- And what's the good sites?

Please answer all questions... If you dont know it, just type "Don't know" or something :)

Thank you :)
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
FogToo
Warhero

Post by FogToo »

Which programs do you use?.. Well To play music I use Winamp since it is the easiest to use when playing.
But recording I use a registered version of Musicmatch.
What is good about it ?.. Well winamp is easy to use and free.
Musicmatch has a great way of ordening the music if when you record the cds..
Is it free?.. Well Winamp is. Musicmatch is partially, but it records your cds very slow if you have registered it
Where can I get it?.. www.musicmatch.com www.winamp.com
What are the bad sites?.. Well There aren't any particular bad sides about these programs. They gives what they promise.
The good sides?.. Well easy to use. Gives a great view of your current cds and Musicmatch gives access to radio.

Well I guess it is up to every person to find the program which gives you the best.. I know what I like, at I have recieved that with these 2 programs.. :)
[size=84][color=red]War does not determine who is right. War determines who is left.
Praeterea censeo Carthaginem esse delendam! - Cato
There are 10 types of people in the world: "Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Det er latterligt at påstå, at computerspil påvirker børn.
Hvis f.eks. Pac-Man havde påvirket børn født i 80'erne, så ville vi i dag have en masse unge, rendende rundt i mørke rum og spise piller, mens de lytter til monoton og ensformigt musik.[/color][/size]
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

I used Winamp for a long time. It's simple. but since I own an ipod I only use iTunes for several reasons.

When you convert a CD all the Information you need (Song Title, Album...) is automatically put in the list. I'm not sure if Winamp is able to play *m4a-Files.
In addition to this, managing playlists is very easy with iTunes. Even with 2 ipods, no problem to keep the music from two persons seperated.

I don't like WMP. It is not as simple as Winamp. I only use WMP for PPLIVE.
With this program you're able to watch Chinese TV, especially Champions League and all the major European football league matches via stream. (it's completely legal)
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

media player.. why? because it's simple to work with it and I'm no computer lover, so I use the programs windows offers me when installing it :D
-> It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

I use WMP, just because I actually like its interface. I tried WMP 11 and hated it though. The interface seemed unnecessarily confusing.

I have played with Winamp, but went back to WMP, just because it works for me.

Anyway, your questions:
- Which program(s) do you use?
WMP
- Whats good about that?
WMP 6 is still available, for older machines, up to WMP11 Beta
- Is it free?
Yes, but Validation of Windows is required for newer versions.
- Where can I get it?
www.microsoft.com
- What's the bad sides?
some security patches need from time to time from M$
- And what's the good sites?
WMP6 will play MPEGS on a Pentium 75 with 40 MB of RAM
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Prophet

Post by Prophet »

I use winamp.
Its free and you can get it from homepage (www.winamp.com)
Its good playing music and you download different skins in that.
When i rip music i use winamp media player.
[img]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9868/sig4mh.png[/img]
Prideth
Patron

Post by Prideth »

Windows Media Player because it came with windows XP and I've never seen the need to use another one when I already have this one installed.

Have had a look at some of the others but find WMP more user friendly and easier to figure out.
[size=75][color=darkblue]Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket
Never let it fade away
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket
Save it for a rainy day[/color][/size]
OSH
Patron

Post by OSH »

On Windows only XMPlay. It's free, supports very much formats (not only from PC, also from Amiga, C-64, Atari, Spectrum, Amstrad and othrer computers and consoles). It can play streaming, can delete songs not only from playlist also from HDD. It has very much useful options the others programs haven't. When I saw first time this program I've resigned from WinAMP, and DeliPlayer. This is the best player for Windows.
On my Amiga I use DeliTracker. It recognizes 242 formats. That is enough for me :D
Pozdrawiam serdecznie, OSH.
Amiga1200 E/BOX Tower, Apollo 1240/25 MHz 34 MB RAM, HDD 4,3 GB; LG10x30x40, A1200 E1230/40 18 MB RAM, CD-32+SX-1 10 MB RAM, A500, A600, C64,. C-64G C64+1541-II
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Anyone tried Windows Media Player 11? I have, and I didn't like it. The interface was hard to navigate. Didn't make much sense to me. It was hard to get to my library. So I used system restore and went back to WMP 10.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
greezlee
Prospect

Post by greezlee »

I use Winamp and I like it, although some versions had serious flaws. Hmm, I was thinking about getting that Foobar player, the one which uses tabs for playlists. My roomate uses it and I must say it's good.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

I used foobar2000 after the Winamp 3 (which was just awful). It was really simple and nice, but I think now the development has gone to making it some kind of multipurpose victorinox catch-a-fish.
Then out of nowhere I embraced iTunes.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!