Start a thread challenge

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Zandrav Ibistenn
Patron

Start a thread challenge

Post by Zandrav Ibistenn »

Do you sometimes come here, look at the new posts and then leave? Perhaps thinking something along the lines "oh how disappointing, nothing new I like"?
Well whose fault is that? Instead of thinking that, you should instead think "when did I last create a new thread?" or "when did I actually post anything other than spam in the bar?"

This thread is an initiative to bring about new interesting topic.
I think it would be fitting that the first who reads this must post a new, original, exciting thread somewhere (for example in the symposium or the council chambers).

[EDIT] And it seems someone has already viewed this... Now we can look forward to a thread from mistergreen...
- Failing to respond to the challenge, you must endure replying in my horrible "naturalism vs. non-naturalism" thread! (But that must be an empty threat as no one can be completely devoid of ideas... [/EDIT]

Subsequent visitors can put challenges here to incite other members to create topics housing some ideas of their own.
For example a challenge to create a good thread about the green house effect, major inventions of the 20th century, the US' war on drugs/terror, the damaging effects of smoking tobacco, societal utopias, the role of art in the modern society - etc.

Just an idea. You got a better one? :wink:
Man's fault lies in his propensity towards willingly doing what feels good and his procrastinating reluctance to doing what is immediately uncomfortable but good.

Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law.
- Immanuel Kant

Custodian of the Symposium.

[b]Error Tracking[/b]: Let's begin at the amygdala...
mistergreen77
Tycoon

Post by mistergreen77 »

I have created a few threads since reading this but Zandrav's idea is a good one.

I challenge someone to create a thread about the internet, its history and repercussions. Where has it been beneficial and what harm has it done?
[size=84][color=green]“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler.”[/color] - Einstein

[color=green]“There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.”[/color] - Nietzsche[/size]

:twisted: [url=http://forum.connect-webdesign.dk/viewtopic.php?p=5411#5411]Society of Sinister Minds.[/url]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I did this :D
I have also started a few threads after readint his one, and I think we need a thread on:
The gender and it's importance...Why is the classic man, the classic man, and the classic woman totally outdated?
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
JKSM

Post by JKSM »

Starting new threads are a good idea. Sometimes, we are just to lazy t6o do it. However, at other times, we also don't feel like starting a thread just for the sake of starting it like having the same topic thread in every single forum - maybe users might get tired of discussing it. Then again maybe not.

I will try to start new thread if I get the inspiration to do so. However, there are no guarantees. :P
Zandrav Ibistenn
Patron

Anyone up for creating a thread in the Council Chambers about the caste system in India and the social tensions it creates? And what problems that it potentially entails?
Man's fault lies in his propensity towards willingly doing what feels good and his procrastinating reluctance to doing what is immediately uncomfortable but good.

Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law.
- Immanuel Kant

Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

You know, its not really that I'm too lazy to start a new thread (although having never done it, the process may be long for all I know), its just I have no concept of what other people would contribute to.

Something I could possibly start a thread with would last for maybe my post and some other left-field thinker out there and then that is it.

But not only that...if I really try to think about it I imagine I could come up with something quasi-sane but I'd have to lock myself indoors for an entire day to come up with it...and it would probably be a no brainer SPAM thread like, "Do you like cheese?" :roll:

Which, come to think of it...we are lacking a Do You Like Cheese? thread here... :twisted: :twisted:
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Zandrav Ibistenn
Patron

Pager wrote:I have no concept of what other people would contribute to.
That's what we're finding out here. If someone start a thread someone else suggested, then there are probably at least two interested.

Expanding slightly on your "cheesy" idea :lol: , I've just started a food related thread.

But Pager, since you didn't spend a whole day to come up with that, I suggest that you carry out the experiment to establish what you can come up with if you actually spend a day in contemplative meditation. Just for curiosity's sake :P . I'm betting that you would be up for a pleasant surprise. Otherwise we'd just have to endure the spam.
Pager wrote::twisted: :twisted:
Definitely the right way to go... :twisted:

- Immanuel Kant

Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

fine. :twisted:

I had an interesting day at work with meetings when I came up
this one.

It's not really going to spark debate, but the creative nut in me thougt it would be interesting to see what people say.

Mind you this wasn't a whole day of contemplative debate...maybe about 6 hours or so...

Give me a few more days to come up with a challenge for someone else, until then, don't mind me, I'll just be sitting in the corner thinking...:twisted: :twisted:
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting