Is suicide no longer a solution?

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Is suicide no longer a solution?

Post by eMTe »

I force myself everytime to not talk about questionable topics, but Ive learned that whatever I write is just a prognosis about what people will start discussing sooner or later anyway.

I've noticed a funny trend. Young people choose to not commit suicides, even if they are heavily depressed (but they believe they would have committed it if they were born a couple of decades ago). According to my little surveys: the reason to not commit the act is surprising - nobody will care about it. Since nobody cares about anything nowadays (according to youngsters who I talked with) - this ultimate solution will be so banal on both global and personal scale that it is no longer any kind of solution. Everything became perfectly irrelevant.

On one side it is a happy observation - people, probably unconsciously, still are subjected to Bergson's "elan vital". On the other hand it's depressing, because egalitarian society is losing the basic senses that always drove people. This little observation about suicide thoughts can be unfortunately imported onto other subjects.

First came the racial barriers, later economical, now with all this bullshit gender studies people, at least in "developed" world, slowly learn that there's no difference between man and woman. Soon we (you - I will not) will learn that dog is in fact a human, child is a grown-up man, criminal is in fact innocent, because he had a troublesome childhood. The man who doesn't work is equal to the man who works. Etc. etc.

The major issue is - why all these leftist viruses infect you all so heavily and - more important - why they don't make all of us happy? So far we have an economical crisis who wasn't incited by greedy bankers - it was incited by social changes. People want to have more, they want to be less responsible, they want to feel free.

But nobody wants to pay for dreams.

"Bad English saves people."
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Re: Is suicide no longer a solution?

Post by Zyx »

As one great thinker once said, "Wine is fine, but whiskey's quicker".
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Wasn't he actually a musician?
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

I stopped being young when I tried to commit suicide, and that was decades ago.

I have nothing further to add on that subject.

I have no idea what the rest of your post had to do with that topic, probably because I started skimming when it started wandering.
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Just one question eMTe: Were you drunk when you wrote this post? In contrary to you normal philosophical excursions, this one is completely incoherent and full of absurd and wrong basic assumptions. Nothing to discuss here in my eyes.
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

As for incoherence and absurds I won't comment, because I never met an intelligent being who is coherent. ;)

As for the other *cough* issue we had hell of a party in bookstore, because our manager just turned 40, so yes. And I couldnt resist to add a beer or two before getting to bed.

I almost feel like deleting the post, because it's full of anger (incited by consumption) and chaotic, but since it is nothing compared to discussions I usually take up with people and no single word is there without a reason I'll leave it be.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

It's funny how you can recognize posts that were written drunk almost for sure when you read enough "normal" posts of someone over the years. :D

:Cheers:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Pater Alf wrote:It's funny how you can recognize posts that were written drunk almost for sure when you read enough "normal" posts of someone over the years. :D
That's why I only post when drunk. :Cheers:
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Zyx wrote:That's why I only post when drunk. :Cheers:
Are you ever sober? :shots:
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Is it even legal to be sober in Finland? :P
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

Hmm, i'm thinking about if you drink enough, and at a constant rate, the brain eventually compensates, so you're normal again. Or maybe that's not how it works with alcohol.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Drasir-Vel wrote:Hmm, i'm thinking about if you drink enough, and at a constant rate, the brain eventually gives up, so you're dead.
Fixed that for you. :stretcher:
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

Now i feel stupid... The reason i wrote it was because that's how it works with some drugs. The drugs create an imbalance in your body. Your body eventually starts making antidote that compensates. That's why drug addicts need more and more to get the same effects, and the reason why you get withdrawal symptoms when you stop after a long time. Because the body still makes antidote for chemicals that aren't in your body anymore, effectively tipping the balance over the other edge. maybe it's the same with alcohol, as long as you drink very little of it.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

I'm quite sure that in reality you do build up some kind of tolerance to alcohol as well, so don't feel stupid. I'm quite sure you were right, for a certain amount of "enough".
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Funny. I read the first post by eMTe - and instantly thought: "What kind of shit just hit eMTe's life fan, that made him write this", and as soon as I read your post PA, I thought "Ohh...of course - drunk posting."

I also was pretty sure that Scythe would drop by the post, and was pretty sure his respons would be somthing like what it was.

All of this points to the fact that you can create a meaningful friendsship and kinship with people you never met.

*And to top it off - dont tell me you didn't see this post coming. :)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Chroelle wrote:All of this points to the fact that you can create a meaningful friendsship and kinship with people you never met.
Either this or you've just unintentionally followed my idea which I shared with my psychologist friend quite a long time ago that internet will be used in future for searching for Pavlov's dogs. 8) (not sure in what purpose though, maybe by medical scientists and advertisers for example?)
HermanJacobs
Probably a spambot

Post by HermanJacobs »

after well asout son the roAd with respect topping the moment the persuade somebody to buy is sopping in the midst of different replica watches china .our online department store are represent excellent unnatural watch at abnormthe whole thingy bargain basement priced prices. plus we brag been accepted about the lofty area of our fantastic watches, stereotype client mend, instant let go bonus one-off prices. you might regain a thud Swiss typical watches to collocate your paper garments. copy watches china uk are all reasonable choices.Swiss copy watches only use up a tiny schedule of cash compared with valid Swiss watches. a large amount snooty than this, at home provisos of ploy, quality, or the size of eincredibly feature, Swiss photocopy watches are effectively the incredibly as the genuine ones good thing are very knotty to connect.accordingly, we flask articulate to the lowdown watches are efficient alternatives of Swiss watches.
Pager

Post by Pager »

Case in point.
I'm sure this bot was just salivating to post here.

Gotta regain me a thud.
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

I let this one live, in an edited state, just so Pager could make sense. I cleaned out the rest of the bot spam before it drove me to suicide.
Pager

Post by Pager »

Appreciate that...although I could have just pleaded that I was high on glue fumes when I posted the last one...
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting