The Story of Jay's Hospital Visit

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

The Story of Jay's Hospital Visit

Post by jayenkai »

Not 100% sure what the post size limit is, here, so I'll redirect you to my blog to read the whole lot. You needn't read it all! I was just bored the other day and sat typing for a few hours.

Jay's big wall of text!

Anyhoo, basic gist is that I'm now at home, I'm having one hell of a long rest, and with any luck I should be back up and running soon. Hopefully!
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Re: The Story of Jay's Hospital Visit

Post by Pater Alf »

Wow, that's a medical horror story! :scared: Even reading it scares me and I can't imagine how hard it must've been for you to get through it.

But it's good to see that you are home again and I really cross my fingers that the sickness will go away and you will be completely well again soon. Being one of the most creative and productive (and of course nice and humorous) people in the freeware games' world, we still need you around for a very, very long time and I'm looking forward to see you coding again.

So get well soon and hooray for Jay (for being home again)!
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Pater Alf wrote:Wow, that's a medical horror story! :scared: Even reading it scares me and I can't imagine how hard it must've been for you to get through it.
The scariest part of this medical horror story? It isn't over yet... :scared:
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

Worryingly true, but hopefully I should be at least on the road to recovery now. (he says..)
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

I've actually been to the site and read about that earlier, and i got worried. I can imagine how it must have been, and is. It's such a shame that a nice and energetic person as you should have these troubles. Hope you get better.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Not the kind of story that I like to read, but at least bottom lines sound positive.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

By funny coincidence, I was just thinking of visiting your site yesterday...

Sorry to hear about the repeated (and ongoing) medical troubles. :| I hope you get better soon. From your description, it sounds like the doctors are putting a lot more focus on the symptoms (swelling, nausea, etc.) than the tumour; I mean isn't the tumour what's causing all these symptoms in the first place? Are you getting any treatment for that? (Chemo, radiation, surgery, etc?)
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

The tumour is apparently gone, and luckily wasn't anything cancerous. Just some kind of odd lump of something or other.
They did manage to take a whopping 4 weeks before bothering to tell me that, though, so that was a bit of a lengthy wait at the start.
But once that was sorted, yeah they shifted focus onto the sickness and other stuff.. Not that it helped much/any.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I dont think I know anyone that could go through such a time and still write in a few jokes in the description. I am glad to hear things are looking up for you. I have been following your progress from time to time, and I am sure you will find more than one mention of your illness from worried members of this forum, on both this forum and your own website.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain