What anime/manga have you watched/read?

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Master_X
Prospect

What anime/manga have you watched/read?

Post by Master_X »

I'd like to submit this little thread here. You can post here any anime you have watched (except hentai duh!) For the animes I have watched the list would be too long to post so I'll give you this link to my profile if you are interested :) Image
So I have watched over 400 anime which wasted more than 4 months of my life :)
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Gameace12/anime
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Re: What anime/manga have you watched/read?

Post by Scythe »

Except hentai!?? Well, then it's gonna be a short list. :lol:

What animé I have watched (ok, more than a few) has been rather forgettable, I'm sad to say. I'm in love with Ghost in the Shell, especially first season of the TV series. That's about all I can remember. Oh wait, I liked Trigun once upon a time, but that's many years ago.

I don't read much manga, but again, Ghost in the Shell (including the hentai scenes that were edited out of certain editions).

Is the Fate/Stay Night animé any good? Have you played the visual novel? I'm assuming the TV series doesn't have hentai in it.

They made an Ichi the Killer animé? That's hilarious. That movie is so sick even I find it sick.

Waaaait... Ninja Scroll doesn't count as hentai? Did I watch a "special" version?
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I hate manga/anime as long as we consider manga/anime as cuteish Japanese cartoons with kids having oversized mouths and eyes. I love Studio Ghibli movies, but they have strong plots who diminish these drawbacks.

From aesthetic point of view I prefer cartoons and comics which feel more "natural" and "live" and use wider set of techniques to make, that's why I love for example old Czechoslovakian animations (partial problem may be that I grew up to them) and Nick Park animations and I prefer European comics over US ones. The more "flat" and "plastic" animations and comic books become the more I dislike them. So anything that belongs to Disney/Marvel comics/manga category I dislike in general, unless I am convinced by good plot, nostalgia factor (who doesnt love Duck Tales?) or other reasons.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

I've watched all of the Naruto and Naruto Shippuden series up till now.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Does Tao Tao count?
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Master_X
Prospect

Post by Master_X »

Anime is the Japanese abbreviated pronunciation of "animation." In English-speaking countries, anime refers to a style of animation originating in Japan, characterized by colorful graphics and often featuring themes intended for an adult audience.[1] The intended meaning of the word 'anime' sometimes varies, depending on the context.
If it matches this it counts :)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Never was much of an Anime guy either. I share viewpoints with eMTe on several things. I hate Ducktales though - but that is due to the Danish voice-cast for Huey, Louis, and Dewey, Scrooge and pretty much everyone else.

I do like some Marvel comics, but the darker the better - I am more into Spirit than I am into Superman or Spiderman.

I have tried reading Dragonball Z, since most of the kids at my work does so and I like to be on the same page (pun intended) as they are.

I watched the movie Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea recently and liked that, but that was due to my oldest daughter watching it. I did see some anime cartoons when I was a kid (closer to 8 than 15) and liked those, but I have no idea what they were called. They had like a "Reykaden" (example) name (something that left me no frame of reference). I never watched anything on a regular basis, though a member from the past called Guybrush did sent me watching Neon Genesis Evangelion, which I watched more than a handfull of episodes of I believe.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain