EURO 2012

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Re: EURO 2012

Post by Chroelle »

I believe I wrote in a nother thread that I predicted boring football. ... (I stand by that...)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

The Englisch loosing the penalty shootout? That was really predictable. Don't know how many times I've seen that... :x
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Chroelle wrote:I believe I wrote in a nother thread that I predicted boring football. ... (I stand by that...)
In my oppinion just two of the four quarter-finals were boring football (Czech Republic - Portugal and Spain - France). The other two were pretty good. Let's see what the half-finals will bring.
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

So Germans go home, but I dont understand why they are so heavily criticized (at least here). They played very good match and yeah, they lost both goals becuae of individual errors, but they could also score goals after Italy defense errors during first minutes (and later too). Both teams played good match, but it's not easy to catch up on two goals advantage on this level.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

I agree. It's not that they didn't fight and gave the match easily away. Italy played the match very clever and scored twice, because of individual errors of the German defense and in the second half it was hard for Germany to archieve something, because played quite defensive and waited for counter-attacks.

The only thing I would criticize is that the coach made some mistakes with the line-up (e.g. Schweinsteiger and Podolski were completely out of form during the whole tournament and there were great substitutes that didn't get a chance). But it's always easy to say that after a match was lost.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Yeah, Schweinsteiger (called Schweinsteinger by one of our commentators) was completely out of condition on this tournament.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)