EURO 2012

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Re: EURO 2012

Post by Pater Alf »

I opened a new thread in the contests forum:

http://forum.curlysworldoffreeware.com/ ... =28&t=3570
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

VERY COOL!
Already participated. :)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Can anyone see a clear favourite this year (except Scythe who thinks the Ukraine will make it)? Seems that all the great teams have some problems. Germany played a great qualification, but seems to be out of shape right now (especially the defense). Italy is occupied with a corruption affair and doesn't seem to concentrate on playing football. Netherlands are much more a number of great individuals than a real team. England has some injured players that will be hard to replace.

Of course that leaves Spain as a main favourite. But they already won the last two big championships and somehow I doubt that will win a third tournament in a row.

Maybe one of the teams no one counts on will make it?
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Id say Denmark. :D
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

I'd rather say Sweden.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I am guessing Sweden will make it shorter than Denmark (out of simple patriotism), but I believe we will see a final between The Netherlands (too much Minecraft anyone) and Spain (if that is even possible that they wont meet earlier in the tournament).

--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I just read that Villa and Puyol are injured and wont play in the tournament, so this is a big loss for Spain, but when I look at the squad they are still main candidates for victory.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

I'm really excited, because the EURO 2012 finally starts tomorrow. First games will show in which shape the teams really are. Bad thing is that I can neither see Germany - Poland (because I'm invited to a wedding) nor Italy - Spain (because I'm on my trip back from the wedding). Of course the wedding itself is a good thing, but who the hell marries when there is one of the big football tournaments going on???
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Pater Alf wrote:Germany - Poland
You mean Greece, but we all understand that the atmosphere is hot, so we forgive little mistakes. :Clap:
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

In fact I was talking about Germany - Portugal... :lol:
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

Pater Alf wrote:Of course the wedding itself is a good thing, but who the hell marries when there is one of the big football tournaments going on???
If I was ever getting married, I would go out of my way to do this. :D
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

First match is over. It was interesting even if it was no high quality football. Strange how Poland completely lost their line when they were one man more on the ground. On the other hand it seems that Greece needed the adrenaline rush of the red card to get into the game. All in all a deserved draw, because both teams had one good half.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

This Spanish referee is certainly somebody you dont **** with.

As for matches, the second one is pleasure for eyes so far.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I hope it is ok that I am a little late here, but I was sure I made a guess that the Netherlands would win the final over Spain, but I only wrote that they would be playing in the final with them. My "money" is on the Orange. :)

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

:beersong: <---Me and a couple of thousand fans in inner city Copenhaggen last night. :)
I saw it a big-screen event in Kongens Have which is a pretty big garden in Central Copenhagen. I think there must have been some thousand fans cheering on. And in classic Danish Cooligan style, we partied alongside Dutch fans and had lots of friendly competitions. HAD A BLAST!

--Mark Twain
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

...and so the madness begins... :D

(Sounds like a good time)
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Aye, and it was a very good match with a lot of action. But the truth is were Dutch more precise when shooting the final result would be like 12-1 or so. :D

Germany - Portugal was less interesting match and Germans in second half played very chaotic at times, but they won again, as always.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Croatia - Ireland wasn't a bad game yesterday. Croatia was much better than I expected. I think with some luck they can make it to the quarter-final. Without any doubt there is a lot on pressure on Italy in the second match now.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Maybe Greece should ask the UEFA if they could completely skip the first half and stay in the booth for the first 45 minutes. Looking at the first two matches, it would be a good strategy for them... :roll:
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Great match by Germany. They dont play spectacular football, but they lead. As usual.

I couldnt watch the first match, but of what Ive heard and read it was fantastic.