Dreams

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Dreams

Post by eMTe »

I believe there was a topic devoted to dreams back in OG times or my decaying memory simply mistook OG with some other forum. 8) Anyway, since I had a weird nightmare last night, why not start a dreamy thread. ;)

So here's how it goes. I am somewhere in the forest or in a clearing with group of people and we are praying together, like in some rpg game or something. Suddenly, a group of thugs/football hooligans/whatever appears and they start to hassle everybody with words, punches and kicks. Slowly, situation gets worse and they start to threaten everybody and people start to run, but they are eventually caught and dreadful screams can be heard from the forest. I see my friend/praying neighbour who was running too slow, being strangled with a string by one of thugs just ahead of me and a moment later I see myself (from tpp) being cutthroated with a knife by the head of thugs. What is weird, it didnt wake me up as it usually happens when you dream a violent scene.

It may have something to do with the werewolf movie (see cinema topic) Ive watched yesterday, or it may not. Anyway, this post is a good starter for a new thread. ;)
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Re: Dreams

Post by eMTe »

I knew there was a topic like this. And started by me, how strange! ;)

I'd love to renew it, because in last days I had some powerful "dream experiences". Unfortunately, they were substance-inluenced, but they were powerful nonetheless. But what's truly interesting is not what happens in these dreams, but HOW they happen.

I had cinematic dreams as long as I remember - from childhood. Some of those dreams could well be used for Stephen-King like movies. (see how I moved hyphen from -like to -King, nevermind [teehee]). But this is not what's interesting; Giger, Lynch, Coen Bros probably very often used their dreams as scenes for their movies. Not to mention various philosophers, psychologists (Jaspers, Jung), other artists etc.

During last days I entered new dream stage. It was pretty weird, even compared to the "lucid dream" popcultural hysteria. For the starters, I wasn't aware I am dreaming. During first stage of the dream I encountered various scenes from my memories - drowning of my father, making love to my true love etc. After hugging both of them I woke up.

When I went to sleep again the dream continued. It was pretty weird, because dreams, in popular thought, are sort of random recollections of past, usually troublesome or otherwise fearful events. Well, it didn't happen in my case. The dream rolled like a movie. During next three hours (I know it, because I checked the clock) I sort of impersonated not only my mother and my father and my girlfriends, but also people I met online. So, to say it in straight words, I woke up not as myself, but as a person hugging MYSELF, experiencing what OTHER persons must feel.

It's not really weird, I talk about things like this almost everyday, but some of them are just too powerful to let them just be. The bottom line is: the dream is not very far from the real life. At least, there's no mystery. No real difference between director and viewer.

---

Well, at least this post lands not far from punk music. ^^
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)