Do you play any instruments?

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

greezlee
Prospect

Do you play any instruments?

Post by greezlee »

This thread is for you who like to play intstruments.
Well I started playing guitar when I started going on college, as I started quite late I pracitise a lot to be better... my roomate can also play so he showed me quite much related to it

What about the rest of you people? Do you play? Did you play when you were younger? Which instruments do you like or you would like to learn how to play?
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

I play piano....
-> It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I played the guitar up until eigth grade (don't know what that translates to), but never really got the ahng of the whole practising an hour a week - couldn't see why I couldn't play like a pro instantly...

Now one of my friends has offered me guitarlessons again, and I might accept, so that I can learn once again.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

I used to play piano but I gave up when I was 13, as I didn't have much time to practice due to school. I wish that I kept on at it, but what is life without a few regrets. Maybe once I have sorted my career out I will try again
knighteyes
Tourist

Post by knighteyes »

Hey Hey Peeps

I can play anything brass .. from tuba to trumpet, Drums, Bass and guitar as well as keyboard and Mouth organ, I can also play Violin and cello...

And I rip songs apart and put them back together the way I want to hear them ...
greezlee
Prospect

Post by greezlee »

knighteyes wrote:Hey Hey Peeps

I can play anything brass .. from tuba to trumpet, Drums, Bass and guitar as well as keyboard and Mouth organ, I can also play Violin and cello...

And I rip songs apart and put them back together the way I want to hear them ...
Wow! That's quite a list you got there :D
knighteyes
Tourist

Post by knighteyes »

Why thank you
Heimnar
Prospect

Post by Heimnar »

I play the guitar. I've started when I was 15 (as I remember). It was hard at the beggining. But now - it is pure pleasure. Firstly - I have played a classical guitar (nylon strings) a few years ago I bought myself an electric one. Of course - the classical one is not left on the shelf :D.

I still keep practising electric guitar play (since it is quite different from what I knew about classical guitar). I got better over time - but still I see I am not that good as I would like to be. I play electric g. with my band. At home - except when practising our songs - I prefer classical guitar which suits very fine to singing shanties which I really love.

Ok - it might be quite un-modest but I would say that once there was a movie made about the Mazury district of Poland (the one with many lakes). This was made to promote this part of Poland in the EU. And so - there you can hear how I play, since part of my songs has been taken as a soundtrack for this movie. Well - it is just a short theme, but anyway - long enough to put me in the credits =).
Podpisano - kot BEHEMOT
http://zxplanet.emuunlim.com/ - ZX SPECTRUM place for fanatics :welcome:
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

Shucks, am I the only person in the world not being able to play any instrument? :(

Well, err... I can clap my hands and follow the simplest rhytms that way... and my singing voice doesn't exactly give me much of a role in a musical either. :|
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

I have been playing piano/keyboard for many years now..

I also play the guitar which I have been doing for 15-16 months I think.. I have learned it from a DVD.. To the danes: If you wanna learn to play guitar from the beginning, I fully recomment you to buy "Lær at spille guitar, med Ole Kibsgaard"!
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I already have it :D
But I just lack the guitar :roll:

--Mark Twain
greezlee
Prospect

Post by greezlee »

Chroelle wrote:I already have it :D
But I just lack the guitar :roll:
Just keep practising :) every day for an hour or two and you'll improve your playing skills. Try learning some simple 3 chord song, it'll be more fun than. I remember when I started learning, it was quite difficult because I had acoustic guitar with metal strings. My fingers hurt so much!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Little problem with practising every day.
I lack the guitar... I don't have one.

--Mark Twain
Ancsur2002
Patron

Post by Ancsur2002 »

I play the violin for 15 years.
The Bible teaches you that thou shalt love thy neighbour. Kama Sutra teaches you how.

Hungarian Scorpio of the Forums
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Wow.. 15 years.. Thats much! :p Am I right when I say that many people who plays the violin starts very early? In the 5-7 years age?...
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Ancsur2002
Patron

Post by Ancsur2002 »

I started at the age of 7 I think. It is necessary to start as early as possible since it is a quite difficult instrument and needs lots of practice. I think at least 15 years :) and I'm not even near perfection :)
The Bible teaches you that thou shalt love thy neighbour. Kama Sutra teaches you how.

Hungarian Scorpio of the Forums
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Heh.. But you MUST be good, if you have played in 15 years.. No doubt on that... ;)
I have played the piano for 6-7 years I think, but I'm not nearly as good as I could have been, because I have not did as much for it as i could/should have :roll:

Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

I've been playing guitar for about 13 years now...on and off...apparently I'm really horrible because I have been thrown out of 4 bands!
I also used to play tenor sax.
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

I play the harmonica, I can do some blues music with it. Other than that, I can't even sing very well.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Varnus
Tourist

Post by Varnus »

I play the flute, now for about 11 years and I am taking my HaFa D exam soon, which is about the level of 1st year Conservatorium, which in turn is the musical equivalent of university. Hehe.

I also sing in a band, and can play a bit o' guitar, although its now kind of gathering dust somewhere...