Your favourite cartoon

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

greezlee
Prospect

Your favourite cartoon

Post by greezlee »

So people, which cartoons do you like? Old shool stuff, new ones..talk about it!

My favourites are old ones like Tom & Jerry, Loony Toons but I also like 80's stuff like He-man. :) I also lik the Simpsons, Futurama, South Park and the Family Guy.
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

I mainly like older cartoons like Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs or
Galaxy Rangers and The Simpsons of course.

My favourite cartoon is Millenium Queen a rather unknown japanese cartoon from the early 80's with a great epic story.

Look here for further information, maybe someone recognizes the characters:
http://links.aniverse.com/cgi-bin/jumpgate.cgi?lid=2610
Last edited by Usul on Thu Apr 20, 2006 0:31, edited 1 time in total.
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

I love japanese anime. I also love cartoons from the 80's and that style that they had. such as He-man and thundercats.

I used to love the simpsons but I feel that the newer episodes are a little too recycled for my taste. It used to be refreshing but now they seem to have gone OTT on parodies of films...like they have no new ideas. Yes I know that the simpsons used to use a lot of things from other films and series but they still had orginality to them, while now I feel they don't.
elgado
Prospect

Post by elgado »

Tom and Jerry's classic. The only problem I had with that cartoon is that, by the time I was 16, I realised that Tom would have no chances of being the winner. =D

As for He-man, here's a brief anecdote my mother told me:

I was four at the time, and I was in church with my mother. Little did she know how much embarassment I'd cause her, for as soon as we were inside I stopped, pointed at a stained-glass portrait of a saint, and loudly proclaimed, "He-Man!" =D

Back on topic, Top Cat and Scooby Doo were also favourites of mine when I was a wee little lad. The last cartoon series I followed was the Simpsons - stopped watching them in '98-'99.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

4ever and ever "Rocko's Modern Life".

As for other cartoons, I enjoyed watching He-man, Scooby, Simpsons, Bugs Bunny and lots I dont remember, but I consider them a bit too childish now. Even if I still like them more or less it's rather the question of nostalgia than their value.

My father loves Flintstones, since it's the cartoon of his youth. I never really liked HB cartoons, except aforementioned Scooby Doo which had kinda spooky atmosphere. And it had Velma - I love girls in glasses. ^_^
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
mistergreen77
Tycoon

Post by mistergreen77 »

Don't know if anyone remembers it but as a kid I watched every episode of 'Star Blazers'.
[size=84][color=green]“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler.”[/color] - Einstein

[color=green]“There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.”[/color] - Nietzsche[/size]

:twisted: [url=http://forum.connect-webdesign.dk/viewtopic.php?p=5411#5411]Society of Sinister Minds.[/url]
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

I used to like watching Road Runner, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tom & Jerry and Pink Panther myself. Got to watch quite a lot of HB production as well (the schoolweek morning cartoons were pretty much that), but never really liked them for one reason or another.

The Simpsons I still like watching occasionally, while Futurama never really 'lit my fire'.

However, more than any of those I like anime nowadays; I'm sure I would've loved to see Magic Knight Rayearth as a child. Ohh, but Moomin and Tao Tao were animes as well, I think... yeah, I liked anime as a kid already. ^_^

edit: How could I forget Donald Duck? The most important cartoons in my life as a kid were all about the inhabitants of Duckburg... shame on me. -_-
Last edited by Pitkin on Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:11, edited 1 time in total.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well in my childhood I watched the classic donald duck ones, which later became a total obsession. Then I started watching some Japanese ones which was GREAT, but I can't remember a single one of them today. He-man and those sorts of Hero-cartoons only aired on other channels that we couldn't get, so never watched them much. I did see some of them later on, but by then He-man, Skeletor and the rest of the crew, no longer had the appeal they had earlier...

Now I watch Simpsons whenever I can, and sometimes Futurama, when it is airing. There are not so many cartoons that I feel appeal to me lately on Danish TV. But they do send out 2-4 episodes of Simpsons daily (2 of them are reruns from the night before), so I can cope. I get my rations filled :D
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
drak_swordsman

Post by drak_swordsman »

If japanese anime counts as a cartoon, I like Chobits. It's funny, but also serious in a way.
[img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e86/drak_swordsman/gw-drakswordsman-low.jpg[/img]
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Hmmm...

I find it hard to choose between The Simpsons and Futurama.. :roll:

But defenately, those are my two favourites! ;)
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

The Simpsons and South Park are my favourites. And Tom&Jerry is always great fun to watch!
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Older Warner Brothers cartoons are great, they've got the slapstick comedy for the kids, but a lot of more subtle humor for the adults too, usually revolving around past and current (As of the '30s-'50s) events, and parodies of famous people. And the music has never been paralleled, especially during the chase scenes.

I think it was something that took real genius to create, and is lost in current days of 'let's assume kids are dumb and make something totally off the wall and make a quick buck and maker more off merchandise'.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Tank wrote:The Simpsons and South Park are my favourites. And Tom&Jerry is always great fun to watch!
Oh yearh, how could I forget South Park? :roll:

One of the greatest cartoons with the best humor ever IMO! ;);)

Thumbs up for Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny! (And Mr. Hanky, Terrence and Phillip, Ike, Chef, Ned ect.. ;))
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Drasir-Vel

Re: Your favourite cartoon

Post by Drasir-Vel »

I like watching Naruto.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

It might seem we have had a breach of some sorts to our spamfilters... This is the third spam-message within a week. I hadn't seen a spam-post in almost a year or so before this.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Yeah, the normal write-the-words-in-the-picure things don't really work anymore as those are solved on wholesale by guys in places like India and China. It's still managable, but let's see if we need to some additional bot checking soon.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Drasir-Vel

Post by Drasir-Vel »

then i was talking to a spambot? sheesh.
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Hmm, I don't think he/she was a bot. There are four posts of him/her and they don't look like bot posts. They were written in correct english and there was no advertisement included (unlike the other bot posts we saw during the last few days). What makes you think it was a bot?
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Pater Alf wrote:Hmm, I don't think he/she was a bot. There are four posts of him/her and they don't look like bot posts. They were written in correct english and there was no advertisement included (unlike the other bot posts we saw during the last few days). What makes you think it was a bot?
The thing is, the user's signature advertises SD cards. I changed the settings so that only users with more than x posts have their signature visible, which should neuter most of these bots. (Do I need to mention that these bots seem to put enough posts just to go above the normal phpbb setting of Newly Registered User permission limit?)

I think the new spam bots randomly pick up posts from real conversations and put them in topics with similar keywords on their target. As most forums have these favorite X threads, I think they're an easy target for spambots. As you can see, the user hasn't posted on any other forum except such staples of all forums. If you take the content of one those posts and do a Google search... you'll notice something odd.

The latest stream of phpbb spam is based on the idea that by having the spam link in the signature not only makes the link visible on any post the bot posts to, but also on the bot's profile. I have also seen spam links that actually link to a spambot's profile on totally another forum.

Also, all these bots' e-mail address is at gmail.com, which makes me believe that not even asking new users to click on a confirmation e-mail's link will work as bots can easily do that by accessing gmail automatically.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Yay!! Time to wake up this thread, because one of my all-time favourite TV shows is making a return.... from an ancient era.

Beavis and Butt-Head return to (US) MTV!. I do seriously doubt that they will make music video commentaries anymore, considering MTV doesn't show them anymore (because there's YouTube).

I'm the great cornholio. Give me TP for my bunghole.

Mike Judge is a genius.