Project Wonderful ads

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Project Wonderful ads

Post by Pater Alf »

What happened to the "Project Wonderful" ads? They are gone for some days now... :shock:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Re: The little Inn by the wayside

Post by Zyx »

Pater Alf wrote:What happened to the "Project Wonderful" ads? They are gone for some days now... :shock:
You don't see them at all or you just see the placeholder? The ad boxes should be there, but we don't really get that many ads these days.

The PW ads are these days specific to region, like US, Canada, Europe and rest of the world. That change was a bit bad for us, because it meant that the supply of ad boxes went up four times but demand for our site remained low, or even went down because our traffic was also divided with the regions. Basically, there's rarely if ever any ads for our Canadian and rest of the world -visitors.

All in all, we make some very little money out of the ads. The average is 4 cents per day, or a bit over a dollar per month. And we usually use that money for our own advertising on PW.

This site gets around 100 hits per day, which by internet standards is very little. It's also a good thing, because if it was much more, we'd be running out of bandwidth really quickly.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Zyx wrote:
Pater Alf wrote:What happened to the "Project Wonderful" ads? They are gone for some days now... :shock:
You don't see them at all or you just see the placeholder?
I don't see them at all. Neither on bottom of the page nor on the right in the board index.
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Pater Alf wrote:
Zyx wrote:
You don't see them at all or you just see the placeholder?
I don't see them at all. Neither on bottom of the page nor on the right in the board index.
That's odd. They should be there.

Browser and operating system, please.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Pater Alf

Re: Project Wonderful ads

Post by Pater Alf »

Firefox 3.6.13

Windows XP SP2
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Pater Alf wrote:Firefox 3.6.13

Windows XP SP2
I have the exact same browser version on Windows 7 and the ads are visible. Do you have any odd add-ons that might remove the ads or something?
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

You aren't by any chance using AdBlock or NoScript? I am, and that kills the ads all right.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Oops, it was in fact Adblock. I don't understand why, because I never changed my settings and I always saw the ads before. But I deactivated Adblock for the site and the ads are there again.

Sorry, Zyx... :oops:
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

No problem... i was a bit worried because I did modify the templates couple of weeks ago, but I was quite sure that I didn't touch the ad code at all. =)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

PW ads covers the expenses of our advertising in the way that when there is no more money on the PW account then advertising stops. :)
Actually we dont advertise that much, so the 2-4 cents covers very little, but enough.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain